• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo- Mewtwo v1.00 - WHOA VERSION JUMP. Moveset complete! Touch-ups begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
I LOVE MASS QUOTES!!!
..But you haven't seen the last of me.. Who knows? Maybe one day I leave for 5 pages, and then terrorize you guys with having to read a motherlord post! Lol.

just some things I wanted to say gameplay-wise (I do hope you intend to balance things after the rest is finished)
-spamming dtilt and utilt is too viable an option, slightly upping the knockback so at anything other than the lowest percents the moves dont combo into each other should work
-psycho cut isnt very useful, other than pressuring shields and stopping wizkicks I find it doesnt serve much of a purpose. Perhaps making the move stay out slightly longer, allowing you to move slightly before it ends, would help. Or perhaps make it better at breaking shields, or hell, it even looks like something that might reflect projectiles (*cough*pit'ssideb*cough*) perhaps you could make it do that
*shrugs*
I dont know, just throwing things out there, I've been lurking this topic since PSA came out and now I figure I might as well say a thing or two
anyway, hopefully you listened to what I had to say, I may chime in again in the future
Good idea, but reflecting is pretty hard, though I'll try -if it is Allah's willing.-

@AceSe3don
Before I (and you) forget, add a Special Fall to Up-B (to make it more Melee like).
I already did, man, in this version.
oh, and what's the point of adding special fall to upB? You want to make a balanced character and special fall has already been removed from many recovery moves *cough*lucario*cough* to buff them
if this is intended to be played in B+ you want mewtwo to be viable
also, if downB will be intended to stun enemies, wouldnt putting you into special fall make it useless, seeing as you wouldnt be able to hit them while they're stunned?
Do I really need to make a brawl= and brawl- version myself?
Seeing as Mewtwo will have lots of Alternate movesets -if it is Allah's willing-, then I think it would be hard for me, so Brawl- players, just go to action 115 (NOT SUBACTION!) and changed the second action call to E.
Easy no?

From now on, I'll be using this, and no I'm not doing it just cause DD does it.

~Shining Ace

Edit..:

Right now, when you use Up-B on the ground, you can use it again in the air.
And I remember that Lucario's Up-B goes into Special Fall.
No. Way.
When I use it, it goes to special fall from the first time.

draco494

Smash Rookie
And how do you get it to call E?
Maybe my brain isn't working but if you put in "14" isn't that the hex equivalent of "E"?

AGFanProduction

Smash Journeyman
@AceSe3don
''I believe AGFP told him that we're using it.''
Yes I told That to Him ..... :D
and Guys I can See that the Final Version Its Closer...So I will Rip the Portraits from Melee and I will Post The Here....The Same with The Official Color Pack (Isn't a Custom Pack, are the Real Textures)

Laharl's_Wrath

Smash Apprentice
Tried it using the most recent Brawl+ codeset, and he goes into Special Fall.
you obviously dont have the newest Brawl+ codeset (7.0.3) or your files are screwed up
I play a lot of Brawl+ and I spend a lot of time in the Brawl+ chat, trust me I'm positive I'm right about lucario's upB
go download and run the updater and try it out if you dont believe me

ds22

Smash Lord
you obviously dont have the newest Brawl+ codeset (7.0.3) or your files are screwed up
I play a lot of Brawl+ and I spend a lot of time in the Brawl+ chat, trust me I'm positive I'm right about lucario's upB
go download and run the updater and try it out if you dont believe me
I got version 7.0.3.
So I know that isn't it.
And if your using a PSA, then I think I know where the problem of this discussion lies.

@AceSe3don
In action 11C, the change action events with F need to be changed to 10 (last one needs to be changed to 19).
Also, Up-Tilt needs a little bit more ending lag.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
yeah i don't like the special fall idea i definitely agree with laharl's wrath with side b like exactly what he said there, tail is sometimes a little zig zaggy on a couple animations wasn't saying this for a while because it's not that big of a deal but if it's gonna be complete.... u air is hard to hit and d air kills too easily, also on some stages he does look way too white, edge attack or whatever can end up doing quite a bit of damage, and side step or whatever would probably be better if he went invisible instead of just moving to the side in a weird way

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
I'm using my phone so bear with me.
Thank you for the feedback, I will -if it is Allah's willing- fix everything you guys noted.
I decided since DD is on vacation, that we release a temporary final version.
You guys decide.

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
Wow...this is SUPER well done!
OMG, I FELT LIKE I WAS REALLY PLAYING AS MEWTWO...FROM MELEE and not some morphed Lucario mod.
This is just wow, super amazing! Keep up the good work!
Oh...my only problem is his side-b and down-b...I'd prefer the old ones...but I guess these will grow on me.

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
Wow...this is SUPER well done!
OMG, I FELT LIKE I WAS REALLY PLAYING AS MEWTWO...FROM MELEE and not some morphed Lucario mod.
This is just wow, super amazing! Keep up the good work!
Oh...my only problem is his side-b and down-b...I'd prefer the old ones...but I guess these will grow on me.
Awesome to see that you like it.
I'll fix what you guys have informed me about -if it is Allah's willing.-
Epic textures, Mario and sonic guy, thanks!

Laharl's_Wrath

Smash Apprentice
I got version 7.0.3.
So I know that isn't it.
And if your using a PSA, then I think I know where the problem of this discussion lies.

@AceSe3don
In action 11C, the change action events with F need to be changed to 10 (last one needs to be changed to 19).
Also, Up-Tilt needs a little bit more ending lag.
dude, my Brawl+ is fine
I only use PSAs via alternate file loader and I was just playing wifi yesterday with no desynchs
if your lucario is helpless after his upB something is wrong with your files

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
laharl's right mine is just like that, maybe if i start to get online more then i'll weed out desyncs moving them to the alternate side lol but yeah

Laharl's_Wrath

Smash Apprentice
I know I'm right, I have no idea wtf is wrong with ds22's files
which is why I suggest he re-download and run the updater

Laharl's_Wrath

Smash Apprentice
Nothing is wrong with my files.
I even only loaded the codeset (Brawl+ 7.0.3.) without any other files.
something is wrong with your files
you do realize that Brawl+ has included .pac files since 5.0 right? Your fighter pacs must be wrong

SOMETHING is wrong with your files, I'm suggesting you run the updater because apparently you don't realize this

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
ok all i know is that he does not go into special fall after his up b i am using brawl+ codeset 7.0.3 mine and laharl's wrath are the same and we both use brawl+ normally idk why it wouldn't be the same for you ds22

Laharl's_Wrath

Smash Apprentice
And there is the problem.
I don't use them!
I already said that my codeset wasn't the problem, but you oversaw that.
Well without the .pacs you cant truly say you are playing Brawl+ 7.0.3, you're merely using the codeset

and I did notice you said the codeset wasnt the problem, which is why I mentioned the pac files

anyway, the point is I'm right :p
Lucario does not go into special fall in Brawl+

ds22

Smash Lord
Well without the .pacs you cant truly say you are playing Brawl+ 7.0.3, you're merely using the codeset

and I did notice you said the codeset wasnt the problem, which is why I mentioned the pac files

anyway, the point is I'm right :p
Lucario does not go into special fall in Brawl+
Only when you use the .pac files.
Without them he won't go into Special Fall.
And I can say I play Brawl+ 7.0.3, since I find the fact that you need to use the .pac files absolute bull**** (it's different in Project M, since it actually rebuilt characters).

But could we please get this back on-topic.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
complete bull**** really???? anyway i wanted to report that the f throw can sometimes miss quite a few shadowballs at an opponent with high percentage i just figured this out against jiggly

Laharl's_Wrath

Smash Apprentice
Only when you use the .pac files.
Without them he won't go into Special Fall.
And I can say I play Brawl+ 7.0.3, since I find the fact that you need to use the .pac files absolute bullsh*t (it's different in Project M, since it actually rebuilt characters).
lol I'd argue with you about this but since this is not the place and I'm not in the mood, so I wont

but I do have to say that to play Brawl+ 7.0.3 you need to use the pacs, they drastically alter the game and to play it without them is not to play it
at the very most you could say "I use the b+ codeset without the fighter pacs"
but without the .pac files it is NOT brawl+
hell, you couldnt host a B+ tourney, saying you are using 7.0.3, without the .pacs, you alter the entire metagame

and about mewtwo, at high percents, fthrow's shadowballs miss a lot depending on di (although I dont see it as an issue since the same could be said for fox/falco's lasers on their throws)

ds22

Smash Lord
Who said I will host tourneys? (besides, I'm a hacker of nature, so I ain't into tourney play).
I'm waiting to switch over to Project M, so I don't bother.
And it is Brawl+, only different.

But to conclude all of this, I think Mewtwo's Up-B has to go to Special Fall (since that would be trustworthy to Melee).

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Why can't we just make the old sideB. It'll be easy.

Also I'm on vacation but I can do melee physics real quick if you guys want

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
If you can find a way to get him in BRAWL brawl, that'd be my new main. Absolute truth.

Edit: AND JUST SAYING: Remember not to include DJC. Ness, Yoshi and Peach don't have it in the game, and neither should Mewtwo lol.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
BRAWL brawl? anyway yeah balancing i think having him not go into special fall is balancing am i right

Laharl's_Wrath

Smash Apprentice
Who said I will host tourneys? (besides, I'm a hacker of nature, so I ain't into tourney play).
I'm waiting to switch over to Project M, so I don't bother.
And it is Brawl+, only different.

But to conclude all of this, I think Mewtwo's Up-B has to go to Special Fall (since that would be trustworthy to Melee).
if you are using Brawl+ 7.0.3 you should be able to host tourneys, in other words, it should play the same as anyone else who has 7.0.3

and lol@"trustworthy to Melee" when entirely new moves are being added

ds22

Smash Lord
if you are using Brawl+ 7.0.3 you should be able to host tourneys, in other words, it should play the same as anyone else who has 7.0.3

and lol@"trustworthy to Melee" when entirely new moves are being added
What do you actually want from me?
Do you want me to change everything on my SD card?
And change all my files so that I could possibly host tourneys?
And I was talking about his Up-B being like it was in Melee, not his whole moveset.

Laharl's_Wrath

Smash Apprentice
What do you actually want from me?
Do you want me to change everything on my SD card?
And change all my files so that I could possibly host tourneys?
And I was talking about his Up-B being like it was in Melee, not his whole moveset.
I just dont like the idea of you saying you play B+ 7.0.3 or ____ doesnt do _____ in B+ 7.0.3 when you dont use all the files >_>

and why does the upB have to be like melee? he isnt being added to melee, he needs to be balanced for what he is being added to, which appears to be Brawl+, at least atm

ds22

Smash Lord
I just dont like the idea of you saying you play B+ 7.0.3 or ____ doesnt do _____ in B+ 7.0.3 when you dont use all the files >_>

and why does the upB have to be like melee? he isnt being added to melee, he needs to be balanced for what he is being added to, which appears to be Brawl+, at least atm
I can say that I play Brawl+ 7.0.3 even if I don't use all the files since it's my P.O.V. of it. ;)
And if you have a idea on how to prevent Up-B being used twice in a row, I would love to hear it.

Laharl's_Wrath

Smash Apprentice
I can say that I play Brawl+ 7.0.3 even if I don't use all the files since it's my P.O.V. of it. ;)
And if you have a idea on how to prevent Up-B being used twice in a row, I would love to hear it.
while it may be your point of view it isnt everyones point of view
Brawl+ 7.0.3 isnt just the codeset but the other files as well

as for preventing it at being used twice in a row, why not look at lucario+ or g&w's upBs?
*shrugs* idk I havent gotten around to learning to use PSA and all that crap, I'd rather focus on playing the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom