• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo- Mewtwo v1.00 - WHOA VERSION JUMP. Moveset complete! Touch-ups begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
Erm... The eye on the official costume looks... kinda big. x_x Other than that, epic.
Good to see ya here leaf.
Can you help us with Mewtwo?
And BTW Gardevoir STILL has the hurtbox glitch... X_X
I made awesome textures for her and then.. BOOM! Hurtbox glitch ARGH!
*RAGEQUIT*
Oh wait... Whatever.

Xigger

Smash Lord
dds? 10char
That's the format of textures in Melee. I had assumed most people here knew how to work with them... if you can't, I would be glad to change them to PNG for you.

Also, anyone can submit the animations for Mewtwo? I'll give my hand at it.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
That's the format of textures in Melee. I had assumed most people here knew how to work with them... if you can't, I would be glad to change them to PNG for you.

Also, anyone can submit the animations for Mewtwo? I'll give my hand at it.
ive never seen the format before could you?

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
I'm currently making animations for item uses, basically they're all like his walk slow animation, but they should look cool if it is Allah's willing, he grabs items like melee, and I added a bit of twist to a lot of stuff, so stay tuned!

AGFanProduction

Smash Journeyman
Guys, Just wait for the Update....
We are Working on Mewtwo Right Now (Me , ds22 and AceSe3don)

JUST WAIT FOR THE UPDATE (DON'T ASK FOR A DATE!)

I you can Help us with Animations posting them Here....
Currently looking for animations:

-Down B.
-Jumps and Squat.
-Melee Grab Ledge Animation.
-A Combo.
-Neutral-Air.

Do your best guys and Thanks!
-AGFanProduction-

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
Guys, Just wait for the Update....
We are Working on Mewtwo Right Now (Me , ds22 and AceSe3don)

JUST WAIT FOR THE UPDATE (DON'T ASK FOR A DATE!)

I you can Help us with Animations posting them Here....
Currently looking for animations:

-Down B.
-Jumps and Squat.
-Melee Grab Ledge Animation.
-A Combo.
-Neutral-Air.

Do your best guys and Thanks!
-AGFanProduction-
Exactly.
I think I did most of my job, when you're done, send me your stuff and I'll mix them together if it is Allah's willing.

I can't list what I did.. Over 40 animations, but you'll understand why, don't get too excited though.
At any rate, if there is ANY animation we could use from another character, PLEASE point it out.

EDIT: Actually, DO get excited, now we can grab items from far away, and it's perfect, now to test the actual rotating and translations.

AGFanProduction

Smash Journeyman
Exactly.
I think I did most of my job, when you're done, send me your stuff and I'll mix them together if it is Allah's willing.

I can't list what I did.. Over 40 animations, but you'll understand why, don't get too excited though.
At any rate, if there is ANY animation we could use from another character, PLEASE point it out.

EDIT: Actually, DO get excited, now we can grab items from far away, and it's perfect, now to test the actual rotating and translations.
Really do you Fix the Smash Beam Sword Problem....? :bee:?

and I have and Idea, can we use the Lucario Lw-Throw to Make the Melee Mewtwo Beam Sword F-Smash...?

just Think and Reply Me.... :)

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
Really do you Fix the Smash Beam Sword Problem....? :bee:?

and I have and Idea can we use the Lucario Lw-Throw to Make the Melee Mewtwo Beam Sword F-Smash...?

just Think and Reply Me.... :)
Actually, you might knock yourself out in astonishment if you see what I did, but it's still incomplete, and I hate incompletion...
I'll try to fix it, then we'll see what to do.
Did you make any progress?
I got through nearly all the animations and fixed what I could, now to the PSA.

EDIT: And to knock you out before even seeing, I would like you guys to read this:

1- New Grab, and Grab wait animations, look much like melee, also a new pummle attack which looks 1000% better than the one before.
2- New DAir, it's good but it's faster than the one in melee but not by much.
3- Fixed the beginning and end of a lot of animations, to make the hack look more original, respectively.
4- Mewtwo now has near perfect Psychic Item Grabbing abilities, I only screwed up a bit in the Swing animations, but I can fix that if it is Allah's willing.

I tested everything, and it's pure epicness...
Now to the things I'll be doing if it is Allah's willing:
1- Fix the A Combo (Hardest of all...)
2- Fix the hitboxes for downtilt.
3- Remove the Aura flowing around, though it will be there while charging Shadow Ball or using items, but it'll be on that specific thing.
4- Look for a better Final Smash.
5- Look for better win animations.
6- Make a better Taunt animation.
7- Completely remove Lucario's voice/Any step SFX or something like that.
8- Fix the Side B (I have an idea for that right now.)
9- Fix the FThrow (I have an idea for that too.)
10- Find a better animation for Down B, or rather get help to make a new attack for it, whichever gets easier.

Things I won't be able to do:
1- Make Shadow Ball go Zigzaggy, though it is still not impossible, there just might be a way...
2- Use the DThrow from melee, because no character in the game has a fitting animation.

Things I need:
1- A new Dash animation.
2- A silent hitbox flag.
3- Any animation that can go through your mind.

So yeah, lotsa things to do.

AGFanProduction

Smash Journeyman
Actually, you might knock yourself out in astonishment if you see what I did, but it's still incomplete, and I hate incompletion...
I'll try to fix it, then we'll see what to do.
Did you make any progress?
I got through nearly all the animations and fixed what I could, now to the PSA.
Any Progress...?
Well, I am Trying to Fix your Model, The Head doesn't Move, the Same Its with The Jab and Neck ....... I can't send to you a Download Now Because by Unknown Reasons My Brawl Box Freeze and he Didn't Save Anything :urg:
So I Need to Restart my Computer to Fix that Problem, Then I will send It to you Tomorrow :bee:
Also working on some Animations :D

Edit: Okay!!!!
I will Work on the Dash Animation :D

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
I fixed a lot of stuff now, all I need to fix now is Up B having the Idle fall or whatever, Side B being like melee, and finally the F Throw that everybody loves <3 .
There are also item use animations which look weird and have to be fixed now, so don't expect the download anytime soon.

ds22

Smash Lord
I fixed a lot of stuff now, all I need to fix now is Up B having the Idle fall or whatever, Side B being like melee, and finally the F Throw that everybody loves <3 .
There are also item use animations which look weird and have to be fixed now, so don't expect the download anytime soon.
Alright then.
Good luck with fixing the items.

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
As for DownB, back in the day when DD's moveset still had Melee Disable I found a fitting animation for it. It was one of Lucario's swing animations, can't say for sure which one but it looked farily similar to Melee.

I think the last public download of Mewtwo actually still had it as one of the DownB animations (unused of course but I'm certain I've seen it in the motion.pac).

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
Progress Post, will be updated if I do anything cool in a while if it is Allah's willing.

Session 1:
1- I found perfect Fall and Special Fall animations, editing them to match with precision.
2- Now I'm making jump animations.

Can anyone tell me how to make Mewtwo stop in the air when he uses his Air Dodge? I made him fall his special fall after doing it but I still want him to stop in the air like in melee.

Session 2:
1- Up B is now fully fixed and has new animations.
2- Fixed the Fall and jump animations, I still have to fix the Air attacks because of that, and it doesn't take much time actually.
3- B and Side B have to be fixed, Mccdbz5 pointed out something about Shadow Ball, shouldn't be that hard.
4- Down B will be postponed for now.
5- I'll work on F Throw now.

Session 3 might be next week.
Shall I upload what I've done so far?

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
You guys keep saying you're looking for particular animations, but what about the animation for his back-air? Every time I use his back-air, he just sits in the air crouched over...is that suppose to be the animation? And also, are you guys planning on implementing some balance in Mewtwo? Right now, he is broken (overpowered) in some areas. I'll actually list them for you all:

-His down air has WAY too much knock back going left or right.
-His Shadow Ball attack has the knock back of the fully charged ball, halfway through the charge.
-His Down-B can stun people when they're on the ground, or when they're turned around the opposite way, when it should only effect the opposing player when he is facing Mewtwo, standing up.
-His Up-Smash is actually ineffective most of the time. In my opinion, this move needs to buffed a lot. If you're not standing right next to the other player, then most of the time it won't do more than %2 damage.

Those are the only issues I found that I can think of right now. I hope that you all will take the time to look at these things I've listed and tell me what you think.

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
You guys keep saying you're looking for particular animations, but what about the animation for his back-air? Every time I use his back-air, he just sits in the air crouched over...is that suppose to be the animation? And also, are you guys planning on implementing some balance in Mewtwo? Right now, he is broken (overpowered) in some areas. I'll actually list them for you all:

-His down air has WAY too much knock back going left or right.
-His Shadow Ball attack has the knock back of the fully charged ball, halfway through the charge.
-His Down-B can stun people when they're on the ground, or when they're turned around the opposite way, when it should only effect the opposing player when he is facing Mewtwo, standing up.
-His Up-Smash is actually ineffective most of the time. In my opinion, this move needs to buffed a lot. If you're not standing right next to the other player, then most of the time it won't do more than %2 damage.

Those are the only issues I found that I can think of right now. I hope that you all will take the time to look at these things I've listed and tell me what you think.
I'll try to fix those now, but first I think I should focus on his F Throw and Side B.

Love the work you guys are doing, didn't come in here to give you any issues, just wanted to clarify one thing.

PLEASE tell me you're going to keep Mewtwo's 5.1 Air Shadow Ball animation where he charges it over his head. I personally think that it looks great, and really gives him a personalized feel over Lucario's.

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
Love the work you guys are doing, didn't come in here to give you any issues, just wanted to clarify one thing.

PLEASE tell me you're going to keep Mewtwo's 5.1 Air Shadow Ball animation where he charges it over his head. I personally think that it looks great, and really gives him a personalized feel over Lucario's.
To be honest, I was gonna remove it, but seeing as you guys like it, (I like it too.) I'm gonna keep it.
But of course, a little fix won't hurt.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
i heard that your changing the air dodge, there's gonna be a version without it then right, the things that i hate people changing it psa is stuff every character has like shield, air dodge, etc.

Xigger

Smash Lord
Changing the air dodge to be unlike all other characters? Unfair. but if you must know, the Master Chief PSA has an airdodge like that. But it's only in one direction, or only at the top of his jump or something like that.

Oh, and I'll try to the the jumps and squat. A combo if I can but don't expect all 3. Family problems. Count me out, sorry.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
the master chief psa isn't that good, and please make 2 versions for mewtwo don't make him stick out that much

AGFanProduction

Smash Journeyman
Well If you want the SSBM Airdodge only use The ''SSBM Airdodge Code'' by Phantom Wings
Two versions of Mewtwo...?
That Was My Main Idea But DD Reply me a ''NO'' :(
so I decided to work only On the Classic Mewtwo (Melee) :D

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
i know the 2 part thing was a no go but melee air dodge? people wanted to change the down b so he can be buffed up a little more for brawl and now he is supposed to have the same air dodge as melee while every other character doesn't?

Laharl's_Wrath

Smash Apprentice
adding the melee airdodge is a bad idea
I'm assuming this moveset was intended to be played in Brawl+, vBrawl, or BBrawl
if so, it makes no sense for him to have the melee airdodge, it isnt melee, it has different physics, you should strive to stay true to mewtwo's moveset but changing the airdodge makes it seem as though you forgot which game it is you're playing
if people are playing something like P:M, the melee airdodge will be used
there is no reason to alter the airdodge, airdodges are standard across the game
besides, look at the movesets to "bring back" other dropped melee characters, they do not have the melee airdodge
at the very least you should go with the hybrid airdodge (see Fox in Brawl- )
although since none of the other characters that were in Melee and brought to Brawl still have the melee airdodge, there is no reason mewtwo should have the melee airdodge when he is brought into brawl

To be honest, I was gonna remove it, but seeing as you guys like it, (I like it too.) I'm gonna keep it.
But of course, a little fix won't hurt.
Yayyyy!!

My only issue is that when he's charging it, the Shadow Ball itself seems to be at face level, rather than ABOVE his head. In the old PSA, it seemed to be above his head, but not anymore.

Could this be because of the Mewtwo model, and not the PSA?

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
that's what im worried about, it would be work put in that isn't necessary and makes the character stand out that its a psa and not a real fighter

taronmcgee

Smash Apprentice
i live in the 2D world well me and MrG@W That is
a few ideas

1. if u do make it so mewtwo goes into a special fall, in melee when he did he had his arms crossed and his tailwas straight up
1.(animation idea)welll in ganon's win 3 he crosses his arms and laugh and in hes win 3 wait he just has his arms crossed for a while maybe u can use that? as for the tail i think u go have to do sum custom editing

http://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu248/taronmcgee/7-14-20104-45-54AM.png
(just me poorly editing mewtwo to show where im geting at)

2.nvm i notice the problem

3.for sum odd reason in melee when mewtwo use his f-air it has a slash sound like if he was doing shadow claw or sumthing but the thing is shadow claw wazent a move back then it sounded like when bowser uses his over b(melee)
3.(idea)maybe u can aadd that sound affect? lol

hope this helps in anyway

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
a few ideas

1. if u do make it so mewtwo goes into a special fall, in melee when he did he had his arms crossed and his tailwas straight up
1.(animation idea)welll in ganon's win 3 he crosses his arms and laugh and in hes win 3 wait he just has his arms crossed for a while maybe u can use that? as for the tail i think u go have to do sum custom editing

http://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu248/taronmcgee/7-14-20104-45-54AM.png
(just me poorly editing mewtwo to show where im geting at)

2.nvm i notice the problem

3.for sum odd reason in melee when mewtwo use his f-air it has a slash sound like if he was doing shadow claw or sumthing but the thing is shadow claw wazent a move back then it sounded like when bowser uses his over b(melee)
3.(idea)maybe u can aadd that sound affect? lol

hope this helps in anyway
TBH, I've already done lots of cool stuff, but it still needs a little editing on my side so it can be 95% Mewtwo, the other 5% is left for DS22 and AGFP to complete, cause I'm not that good at PSA.
And I've done all the fall and jump animations, they look more original now.
Now to do some other stuff.

taronmcgee

Smash Apprentice
i live in the 2D world well me and MrG@W That is
TBH, I've already done lots of cool stuff, but it still needs a little editing on my side so it can be 95% Mewtwo, the other 5% is left for DS22 and AGFP to complete, cause I'm not that good at PSA.

oooh ok ok its nice to know thats its comeing along good and it seem like yall r almost done
cant wait to see the results :)

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
BEHOLD PEOPLE!!!
I've near-perfected Mewtwo's Fthrow...
Now to fix common stuff that you guys have complained about, mostly his Up Smash...

AGFanProduction

Smash Journeyman
Yes,
Working on Dash Animation..... :)
Just Wait.....
;)

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
so what is his airdodge going to be, i don't see much enthusiasm for it(i know a lot of it's me lol)

ds22

Smash Lord
I think a version with Melee airdodge will be made when Project Melee gets released (which I don't see happening in at least a few months).
But it is easy to give a PSA Melee airdodge (I got it working on Mewtwo and CoN Naruto).

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
i play brawl+, idc if it's not exactly the way it should be but something like airdodge i want the same, you made it sound like i wanted it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom