• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo- Mewtwo v1.00 - WHOA VERSION JUMP. Moveset complete! Touch-ups begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laharl's_Wrath

Smash Apprentice
I'm still in the chat in my free time, just find myself playing other things recently
but I'll go back to Brawl+ eventually, I always do

espio87

Smash Ace
ok, I've played with Mewtwo enough to do a little review and give you guys feedback. I'm using regular Brawl, not B+ btw.
His basic moves work well, specially his up+tilt which has almost no ending lag and makes it one of his main moves. His dair is, IMO, difficult to sweetspot and thus I don't use it to spike. His fair is good but I think it lasted a bit longer in melee. (I may be wrong)
My opinion of his specials is mixed. Teleport was done perfectly and the Shadow Ball too. But Psycho Cut, even though it's useful, requires practice. Everytime I tried to do it, I always missed by an inch and never got to fully damage my opponents. His down+b is the one move I don't understand what it does, If someone explained to me, I would be grateful.
Another thing that I noticed is that he has Lucario's ability to get stronger when damaged. Are you planning to keep that or remove it in the future?
So far, I'm happy that Mewtwo's back. I'm looking forward to see how his final version will be:)

BTW: When the game slows down (stopwatch, training mode), his tail shakes like crazy!:laugh:

Photos

Smash Journeyman
His down+b is the one move I don't understand what it does, If someone explained to me, I would be grateful.
It stuns whatever is in front of him. i believe that switches to below him if you're in the air but i can't remember. I believe it's kinda like ZSS's down-smash.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
It stuns whatever is in front of him. i believe that switches to below him if you're in the air but i can't remember. I believe it's kinda like ZSS's down-smash.
I agree, I don't really like the move. You have to exactly hit someone for it to do something and overall isn't very interesting. I know that in this stage you really don't want to majorly change things, but changing it to something like ice beam (yes I know that it wasn't in Melee, but it would make for an interesting move) or making the hitbox a little larger to make it a viable move would make a world of a difference, because right now I find it useless. EDIT: Wait, this is my 151 post, and it's in the Mewtwo thread. Yay coincidences! :bee:

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Well, Mewtwo is confirmed for Project:M, so all my work on Mewtwo will be put into that Mewtwo for now. :3 That Mewtwo will not be available for you guys to download until P:M is open to the public though, but I might update this Mewtwo with appropriate values and other fixes if I can.

-DD

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
(Hey guys what's up with Mewtwo?)
*Turns his back and leaves like a tree*
*Goes back and kills SAKURAAAAA for not putting Mewtwo into Brawl.*

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Umm, I think Mewtwo needs a new Final Smash. It doesn't cover much range.

espio87

Smash Ace
bad@ss-looking, which fits Mewtwo perfectly.
BTW: yesterday I had a birthday party and brought my wii to play. Everyone loved mewtwo and they are happy with it. Good job guys!

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
@sinistersnakesennin
That's nice. Can't wait for the recolors of it.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Hmm.. were the figures I gave for his weight and mobility and stuff ever modified? Funny fact: I don't even remember helping with this but apparently I did. XD
Bahahaha.
You gave the original values that stuck for like, ever. Until we ported the actual Melee values.

Also, I NEED someone who can vertex hack Mewtwo again with a properly workable tail for animation purposes.
Or just someone to make his current tail work. :|
-DD

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Bahahaha.
You gave the original values that stuck for like, ever. Until we ported the actual Melee values.

Also, I NEED someone who can vertex hack Mewtwo again with a properly workable tail for animation purposes.
Or just someone to make his current tail work. :|
-DD
Glad my values at least worked out to be good.

Also, unless he's being used in a more melee-like version... I don't see why using his exact melee values (unless they seem to be working with brawl's engine just fine and make him more mewtwo'ish) would be good. :confused:

Then again I'm a newb at all this hacking stuff, lost all my files, and couldn't update my hacks if I wanted to because I lost my camera cord (which means I can no longer edit my SD card)

And theres so much **** I want to/need to update. =[ **** my losing important stuff quality...

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Well from the looks of it I might have to do the vertex hack myself...which is loads easier than the last time I tried it at least...so we'll have to see where this leads...
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Yeah...all of them do.
I'll give it a shot though, see what happens.

Well, that was fast. I can't find 3DS Max 8.
>:[
-DD

Yeah...all of them do.
I'll give it a shot though, see what happens.

Well, that was fast. I can't find 3DS Max 8.
>:[
-DD
Im in the middle of DLing 3DS Max 2010, in preparation for making the Metal Gear Hangar stage. Do I not want the 2010 version for obj importing?

I have a feeling I'm doing it wrong. :(

Because whenever I even put my cursor over the mewtwo slot, the game instantly crashes.
The issue is with your CSPs. Import the original Lucario's portraits brres, then replace the textures with mewtwo's CSPs. You need a clean brres, is what Im trying to say.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Im in the middle of DLing 3DS Max 2010, in preparation for making the Metal Gear Hangar stage. Do I not want the 2010 version for obj importing?
I have 2010 already, but the stuff for vertex hacking only works with 8 evidently. :|

I don't know how obj importing works, I assume that works for anything saved as a .obj.
-DD

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Mewtwo/Lucario has 3 tail bones right?
Why not revert the tail back to Lucario's and use animations to make it longer and make the tip bigger??

Mewtwo/Lucario has 3 tail bones right?
Why not revert the tail back to Lucario's and use animations to make it longer and make the tip bigger??
That sounds good in theory, but somebody would have to morph the entire model all over again, minus the tail. And even if they vertex the tail, it probably still wont look as good as the original.

It works with 2010, I have gotten mdl0 files exported with AIS to import properly to 3DS MAX 2010.

Wonderful. If all goes well, look forward to brawling atop Metal Gear Rex (And/Or in front).

Roo525

Smash Ace
Alrighty, time to put in my 2 cents here.

1) I believe Mewtwo's final smash should be changed into something more strong/epic.

2) When will somebody remove the stupid aura from mewtwo's... in front of hands...? We know how to do it, so why havent we?

3) (Not actually a helpful remark...)
I'm making fan character Mewthree X as a costume for Mewtwo. (Am I allowed to do this with Credit to MarioKart?) I hope it works out. :/

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
That sounds good in theory, but somebody would have to morph the entire model all over again, minus the tail. And even if they vertex the tail, it probably still wont look as good as the original.
No you wouldn't, you can do that in like, 5 seconds, in fact, here I did it for you: http://www.mediafire.com/?ag2xexh2gkkq1ds

Not as good as you'd think, the tail itself is like the original, but the base still sticks out like it's Mewtwo's, fixing that makes his backside look like Lucario's

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
By the way, are you planning to re-do his walkfast animation?
Because right now he just kind of bends his neck down and his arms curl up. :(

And I take it the final smash isn't done either?

Roo525

Smash Ace
By the way, are you planning to re-do his walkfast animation?
Because right now he just kind of bends his neck down and his arms curl up. :(

And I take it the final smash isn't done either?
His walkmiddle is as good as it can get really. Reason being that his neck isnt very maluable due to it's irregular shape. I agree that we could fix the arms a bit though.

And no I'm pretty sure the final smash is not complete yet.

Giygue

Smash Journeyman
so, is there a file i could download that would give me everything i need to run this? i have the no palm aura mewtwo, but i can't find the fitmotion and I'm pretty sure i dont have the latest mewtwo model.

Roo525

Smash Ace
Wait a Second...

There's an issue for me with that aura-less Lucari-*Cough* Mewtwo. His moveset is kinds screwy. :/
Like, his foreward smash's effects dont work correctly (As in dont appear for that example) and there are MAJOR changes since the last version, not the "little changes" as stated were going to be made...

Am I just doing something stupid here? >_>
(Not that thats different than any OTHER moment of the day...)

carlpie

Smash Cadet
This is a great PSA- I'm very much enjoying it. My only irk is that I can't get the sound files to work using the patcher. I mean, the file is successfully patched, but Smashbros_sound.brsar wont work. Lemme guess: it doesn't work with Gecko?

Can't wait to see the final product! Doing great guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom