• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M : What we know (Combo Video Added)

Evil Iggy

Smash Cadet
don't forget that you can absorb din's fire with PSI mag
That's part of what makes the matchup annoying... the Zelda can't really force an approach because of Lucas's downb (if you decide to play a camping game), and Lucas doesn't have too many options to approach Zelda (if you go on the offensive). Since Zelda is all about forcing an attack, well... it just sucks. Coming from experience, shffling will get a Zelda fsmash in the face, PK freezes won't land too often, and coming from above (as always) gets a lot of punishment.

I haven't really fooled around with it too much, but it may be possible to pivot/WD grab past Zelda's fsmash, which would help a lot. Anyone looked into this?

Zodiac

Smash Master
Dont worry kage, ganon is a certifible nightmare for any who fights him. I've decided to main ganon, and let me tell you he is incredible, this game emphasizes tech chasing a lot and ganon can do it like a pro. I'll update the first post sometime soon

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Also, @ Kage, if you feel like some of ganon's hitboxes are off from melee, check this post. http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12277268&postcount=30670 That should clear some stuff up. Also, using aerials with ganon is not as good as it is in melee due to landing detection. Example: You can't dair through a platform or short hop bair -> double jump bair like you can in melee.

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
I really want this thread to pick back up. I would really like to see more of this MU and character discussion. The stickied P:M thread is a little to cluttered to gather any real information.

Yay for Kage's avatar. You've already given Ganon a good name just through that.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I suppose I can offer a little input on Link vs Mario.

This is a pretty even match up I guess, 55:45 in Mario's favor but only slightly. Mario is a combo beast and that dthrow can be nasty if it's not DI'd. His spacing/approach with the fireballs is superb because he can chase with them now, a la Dr. Mario's pills. When spacing, bombs are usually a bit more effective than the rang because of the flexibility of its uses as a throwable item. Throwing up a shield against the fireballs isn't recommended because it's usually followed by a grab so be wary of that.

Ftilt is pretty handy in this match up as it is indeed your "general GTFO move." Just space and approach carefully and this match up shouldn't be so bad.

Top Bottom