• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Unbound : NEXT CHARACTER HAS BEEN DECIDED

PM666

Smash Cadet
Question, im not sure if i did something or not but i played a few 4 player matches, had pichu in maybe 2 and everything worked fine but after a few(maybe7) rounds it froze at beginning of the match. never had this problem before...i feel like such a n00b asking.

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Question, im not sure if i did something or not but i played a few 4 player matches, had pichu in maybe 2 and everything worked fine but after a few(maybe7) rounds it froze at beginning of the match. never had this problem before...i feel like such a n00b asking.
Were the CPU's on random? It could be a possibility that a faulty costume or strange event occurred that might have been fixed in this upcoming patch. If you are using random, I would be weary; we can't guarantee all those bugs have been ironed out of build 0.2. If the game freezes, don't hesitate to report it! Be detailed, however, so we can get to the root of the problem and avoid future freezes. Thanks!

PM666

Smash Cadet
Were the CPU's on random? It could be a possibility that a faulty costume or strange event occurred that might have been fixed in this upcoming patch. If you are using random, I would be weary; we can't guarantee all those bugs have been ironed out of build 0.2. If the game freezes, don't hesitate to report it! Be detailed, however, so we can get to the root of the problem and avoid future freezes. Thanks!
Thanks man i actually think i might have picked random!!!

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
Ya the website is down for me. I've never been able to get on it. I use safari and chrome

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
To all of those who would like to join the beta program, please follow the instructions on the 1st page of this forum and post on the website (not this forum post, although you can tell us you posted an application on the website here). Please tell us your smashboards name on the application so we can contact you further about beta testing! If you do not post on this forum page or on the website about the beta test, then we cannot contact you any further. There is no time limit, but the sooner we get testers, the sooner we can get 0.3 rolling out to the public! We hope you have enjoyed our work so far, and we look forward to the oodles of feedback we will be receiving from you all!

Thanks, SmashAmass.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
I have followed your instruction and posted an application on the site. I'm interested to the progress of Unbound thus far, so I eagerly await your decision.

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
I would love to beta test but your website still isn't working for me. Can I just not beta test?

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
beta testing is just u send me a message on smashboards showing ur skill while playing project m
the original project m so i need a video it can be recorded on phone or any recording device u have

DeathChaos

Smash Rookie
So, I was messing around testing some things in Dolphin (I wanted to install the melee link remastered mod), and I found something funny/interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVxLcu0MLy8

As you can see, Link actually has 4 Taunts :V

If you press Side Taunt multiple times really fast, his old side taunt (the one where he takes out Navi) will actually come out for some reason.

lol

Also, if you still need beta testers I'd be happy to apply jasgx

Your website doesn't work for me for some reason, so I take it I can pm you here about this should you need me?

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
So, I was messing around testing some things in Dolphin (I wanted to install the melee link remastered mod), and I found something funny/interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVxLcu0MLy8

As you can see, Link actually has 4 Taunts :V

If you press Side Taunt multiple times really fast, his old side taunt (the one where he takes out Navi) will actually come out for some reason.

lol

Also, if you still need beta testers I'd be happy to apply jasgx

Your website doesn't work for me for some reason, so I take it I can pm you here about this should you need me?
Yep u can pm me

Last edited:

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
New Addition to The Unbound Team
Welcome FriesnChips

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
we r all working our hardest to push out builds fast and good quality

WalkingAngel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalkingAngel
3DS FC
1289-8866-4008
beta testing is just u send me a message on smashboards showing ur skill while playing project m
the original project m so i need a video it can be recorded on phone or any recording device u have
I'll get my video up by tomorrow
(Time to wavedash, l-cancel, and dash dance like a boss!)

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Do you know/have you revealed who will be in the game? Are you just filling up the clone character slots remaining and finishing? Or are you trying out all kinds of characters just to get them in-engine?

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Do you know/have you revealed who will be in the game? Are you just filling up the clone character slots remaining and finishing? Or are you trying out all kinds of characters just to get them in-engine?
Good question! Sadly I can't answer them quite as accurately as you'd like, but I'll try my best:
Currently, we are finalizing the 2nd newcomer in the game, Lucina. She was revealed early on to be in this mod far before development started, but this pattern will not be consistent in the future. Characters will be announced later on when the team feels confident enough to reveal the character through another medium. There is no limit to the amount of characters we can add, but the amount of sound effects for the characters could vary depending on each character. However, all the characters are fully functional and have unique and interesting movesets. The goal is simply to add more characters to the game without taking away from the Project M experience.

Hope that answered your questions man! Try it out if you're curious enough!

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Thanks for answering. I think that clears things up as much as it could be cleared up.

Would you guys consider Quote from Cave Story as an option? Feel free to answer in a PM either way. I can't help all the time, but I'd be willing to do as much as I can. At the very least I could modify textures, move properties, etc and would be very interested in helping with such a project.

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
Project M Unbound beta 3 Planned to be released Sunday the 16th

Kalvin with a k

Smash Rookie
Also I would like to report on the website that there is only one download, for the homebrew version. I found the hackless version, but I think it would be helpful to add more downloads.

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
website is not up to date yet and yes there will be a hackless version

Kalvin with a k

Smash Rookie
website is not up to date yet and yes there will be a hackless version
Thanks for responding so quickly. I'm a huge fan of this project and I am looking forward to the update. On a similar note, will you be adding new characters?

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
yes we are in the middle of adding a new character right now
lucina

Top Bottom