• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Unbound : NEXT CHARACTER HAS BEEN DECIDED

Captain Hook

Smash Cadet
Wait, so is there a fix for the team battle freeze? And btw, whoever said you can play a game with just one team on team battle, that's implemented in the original PM for whatever reason, no bug!

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
Th
Further looking into made me notice these bugs,
you can start a team battle with only 1 team, Example here
When you start, the game auto ends, and this happens
Not a glitch it was something I added for fast testing

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
This is a bad idea. The reason P:M works so well is because it's being overseen by a dedicated team of Smashers. From what I've seen of P:M Unbound, it's just a poorly designed piggyback project. I mean, I get wanting to be able to add custom characters, but it works well and is hype because there are really good programmers working on it. What I've seen of your custom characters is kind of loose and uncomfortable.

No hard feelings, but this project shouldn't be.
Also I don't see what u mean by loose and uncomfortable characters I thought he characters worked well with the game

Kurth N

Smash Cadet
This is a bad idea. The reason P:M works so well is because it's being overseen by a dedicated team of Smashers. From what I've seen of P:M Unbound, it's just a poorly designed piggyback project. I mean, I get wanting to be able to add custom characters, but it works well and is hype because there are really good programmers working on it. What I've seen of your custom characters is kind of loose and uncomfortable.

No hard feelings, but this project shouldn't be.
Yeah, I get what you're saying and this point, I agree with you on the fact that it isn't a "game of its own" like P:M. It's based on and is predominantly Project M; heck, you even have a point that it's hardly organized enough to be called a "team". Nevertheless, it' is still a "milestone" in the sense that it's (basically) a fully functioning version of P:M that works with BrawlEx and it can of course be used by anyone who wants to add their own characters to the game.

Maybe it will be more than that or maybe it will just be one of those "packs" that shows up on the Brawl Vault: top downloaded for three days while people see if there's anything worth using in their personal packs and then never heard from again. Frankly either way I don't mind, because as a casual player I don't care if the PSAs are as perfect as the ones made by the PMBR (though that would be amazing), I'm just happy that my favourite game got even more fun to play.

Edit: Well it seems my couple sentences turned into a couple of paragraphs; sorry about that, it happens occasionally ;-)

Last edited:

SomeSmashBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JayTheTrainerGuy
3DS FC
2234-7163-8539
Froze when Peach used Final Smash against Lucina at Online Training Room.
And I barely tried today but why does Roy not have his sounds? That kind of stinks...
Does Mewtwo still have his sounds?

Last edited:

Mendelsin

Smash Cadet
I actually just made this account just to post a few bugs that I found while playing because I really like this project and want to help see it improve.

Anyways, for me I found that Lucina's alt. costume (the mask) froze my game, and some characters like Shadow and Ridley have some problems performing their jab combos. For example, I have to mash the attack button just to see the second attack of the combo with Shadow. Don't know if this is just a problem with me, or that's how the moveset was, but if it can be fixed that would be great.
Other than a few sound issues everything else is pretty good!

Keep up the good work!

GeZ

Smash Lord
Yeah, I get what you're saying and this point, I agree with you on the fact that it isn't a "game of its own" like P:M. It's based on and is predominantly Project M; heck, you even have a point that it's hardly organized enough to be called a "team". Nevertheless, it' is still a "milestone" in the sense that it's (basically) a fully functioning version of P:M that works with BrawlEx and it can of course be used by anyone who wants to add their own characters to the game.

Maybe it will be more than that or maybe it will just be one of those "packs" that shows up on the Brawl Vault: top downloaded for three days while people see if there's anything worth using in their personal packs and then never heard from again. Frankly either way I don't mind, because as a casual player I don't care if the PSAs are as perfect as the ones made by the PMBR (though that would be amazing), I'm just happy that my favourite game got even more fun to play.

Edit: Well it seems my couple sentences turned into a couple of paragraphs; sorry about that, it happens occasionally ;-)
I play mostly casually. I still like polish on the games I play, as do most players, which is why this'll be a lightly trafficked but ultimately forgotten footnote for Project M's life as a game.

Kurth N

Smash Cadet
I play mostly casually. I still like polish on the games I play, as do most players, which is why this'll be a lightly trafficked but ultimately forgotten footnote for Project M's life as a game.
Yep, a couple years ago I was even using the Tabuu PSA when only 3/4 of the moves actually worked and a couple were pretty overpowered. I may be a little different than most players and I'm fine with that, I was just explaining why I personally was interested in this.

Konuro Silver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Konuro Silver
3DS FC
0774-5097-4262
Not to be rude but..did you read the thread title? We are still in beta so everything you see and hear is still under construction so things are not 100% final.

REVENAUT1313

Smash Cadet
NNID
REVENAUT1313
Yeah, Gez it's the most unpolished thing out there. But this kid spent a very long time making two incompatible code sets work together so that other players can enjoy Project M and their favorite custom PSAs from the Vault. There are a lot of crappy hacks out there; this is not one of them.

In the nicest way possible, nobody asked your opinion. Please see yourself out.

Konuro Silver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Konuro Silver
3DS FC
0774-5097-4262
Yeah, Gez it's the most unpolished thing out there. But this kid spent a very long time making two incompatible code sets work together so that other players can enjoy Project M and their favorite custom PSAs from the Vault. There are a lot of crappy hacks out there; this is not one of them.

I felt the soft anger from this comment...i have goosebumps now

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032

Also I'm 14 not a kid

The_Giant_Peach

Smash Apprentice
Man you guys are young, I thought I was the youngest team member at 16. That's impressive you can do this jasgx. I don't think I'd manage to well

REVENAUT1313

Smash Cadet
NNID
REVENAUT1313
Good god, I'm twice your age... This is ruined for me now. I need to pick up a new hobby, like fishing... or shuffleboard...

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
Sad to see no one has requested any characters in a while

Last edited:

GeZ

Smash Lord

I'm just preempting newer players to the Project M scene's expectations.

And nobody asked your opinion is a weak argument in most situations, but especially worthless here. This is a forum, where the purpose of the medium is to give opinion unfiltered and unfettered.

Edit: Why am I explaining this to a 26 year old? You're old enough to understand how interaction, action, critique, and reaction work.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Zero over Link from Mega Man X. The PSA looked amazing.
Sora from Kingdom Hearts over Pit, don't know how the PSA is, I just like the character.
There was a Crono PSA from Chrono Trigger that looked interesting.
One of those nifty Fire Mario PSAs.
And hey, for the poop of it, Bomberman's got a few.
Tails and/or Knuckles are easy to find.

Anything you are kind enough to give me.

And Gez, how polished do you expect a Beta to be? If you're really concerned, call it an Alpha in your imagination, but demeaning these nice guy's for working hard for no pay solves little, just don't download it, I'm sure they've already noted your review by now.

Adonis

Smash Apprentice

Well said.

Last edited:

Master-GM

Smash Journeyman
Question! Will you use PW's stage expansion code to add new stages?

Edit: I have a list of stages from my custom PM build! They are balanced and have good graphics! :3

Last edited:

Mendelsin

Smash Cadet
Well I think you said he's been requested a bit so I would like to see Shulk in this project.
Again keep up the good work! Really enjoying it.

Pheonix5050

Smash Rookie
If there is a silver the hedghog (over falco), a megaman x (samus i think), megaman classic (ness), and zero (over link) that would be all I really want. I love those characters and would love to see them in pm. maybe goku and vegeta for fun. I know I have prbably already said this though. :p

Last edited:

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
Is Bomberman gonna be added in the next update? That's the one character I really want. (Which I've stated before. lol)

Bootortle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J-Dudd
3DS FC
0259-0284-1711
Switch FC
SW-4554-3900-0616
I would like to see a Zelda character added, specifically Skull Kid or Vaati. And, for alternate costumes, perhaps Louie for Olimar? I would also like to see another mage-type character in the game. Also, none of Pichu's costumes are working for me.

WalkingAngel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalkingAngel
3DS FC
1289-8866-4008
I would like to see a Zelda character added, specifically Skull Kid or Vaati. And, for alternate costumes, perhaps Louie for Olimar? I would also like to see another mage-type character in the game. Also, none of Pichu's costumes are working for me.
Ah do you mean pichu has only the default colour
Sorry for double post!!!!

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
woot weekend is here
i will be testing bomberman and lloyd irving tomorrow

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
I played Lucina, and I feel she is probably the best out of all the additions (excluding Pichu) would be great if someone could polish her up. She has potential but the animations are wonky and not fluid. That's expected. But I like her the most, I hope you continue to adapt her (and the rest) to fit in with Project M.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I have one! DEAR GOD DO I HAVE ONE.

Shulk. Using this PSA here, with credit to the creator of course.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=66105.0

I'd play that so hard if it was PM-ified.

With sounds.

Also, I have a few critiques that have probably been brought to your attention by now, but still think they're worth noting.

-Ridley, Lucina (for certain moves), and all the other new characters including Mewtwo and Roy don't seem to be able to l-cancel. It's a little disorienting espeiclaly when it's my like natural inclination to just hit the button. Probably an easy fix though, I hope.

- Shadow is super amazing. Holy crap dat recovery is way too good. (Why does it go so damn high? Bug?)

- Does Ridley's side-b have a sweetspot? Sometimes it seems to work really well, other times no one gets pushed anywhere. He's a little...unusual, but overall the design seems solid. Neutral B is weird though, fireballs being right on the floor is odd. And the down-b seems to go over everyone's head alot, maybe that's just me.

Lucina seems really good, but again, the lack of l-canceling on her is a little weird. What exactly does her side-b do on the ground, anyway? (I have the same question with Shadow's down-b on the ground. It's kinda weird cuz I'm not sure what's supposed to happen.)

Can Mewtwo and Roy's sounds, and Pichu's be imported from Project M/Melee? It's a little weird to hear robot sounds every time Roy does fire things.

Overall loving it though. It's very clearly a buggy beta stage, but I'm just trying to help out as best I can.

Top Bottom