• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Project M State Power Rankings

cheese619

Smash Ace
Historically the ACT has never been separate from NSW with their power rankings because of how small the ACT scene is. ACT's two best P:M players are on the ACT/NSW PR anyway so this new ACT PR seems completely pointless to me.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
joe pls

It's not a pointless list, it gives the ACT players a list to work towards and encourages player development. It also allows people unfamiliar with the ACT scene to get a quick insight into the scene from the list. There's no downside to having a list and there's only benefits to gain from it. I don't understand why you would call it completely pointless.

cheese619

Smash Ace
joe pls

It's not a pointless list, it gives the ACT players a list to work towards and encourages player development. It also allows people unfamiliar with the ACT scene to get a quick insight into the scene from the list. There's no downside to having a list and there's only benefits to gain from it. I don't understand why you would call it completely pointless.
Sure Tom, at the same time let's increase NSW's PR to include 40 people so that players have a way of gauging their improvement.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Stop being ridiculous, if you have issues with the PR list size compared to the size of the ACT scene, that's a valid concern, but the list existing itself is fine.

Last edited:

cheese619

Smash Ace
Yes Tom I have concerns about the size of the list in comparison to the size of the scene. I also have concerns about the list's existence given the size of the scene. What is the point of a two person list? The NSW/ACT PR has worked absolutely fine in the past (and the ACT's scene used to be bigger). Why change that now?

Last edited:

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
I think SA's PM PR would look something like
1. Oli
2. Nikes
3. Nick
4. Ghost/Flow Rats/Ivan/Muscat
5. Everyone else
List looks pretty good :awesome: Oli definitely deserves that top spot, wish he'd turn up to more events though. I'm not sure which order the others would go in as well, it's so hard to say.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord

Plaintext:

S: Ted (:pit:/:mewtwopm:), Zxv (:ganondorf:/:wolf:)
A+: Joe (:falco:)
A-: Shaya (:dedede:)
B: Lux (:zelda:), Seb (:ivysaur:), Star (:sonic:), Summoner (:dk2:), Unreon (:link2:), Zero (:kirby2:/:bowser2:)
C for Cunchy: Cunchy (:roypm:)

Last edited:

Russ The Love Muss

I just want to love you
NNID
RussellTLM
Suggestions for QLD

1: Cal
2: Toki
3: Karnu

Because lol we're the only ones who play PM in QLD :happysheep:
There are some guys in Townsville that are pretty decent. Possibly better than Toki according to them but I have no idea lol

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
NT player here. no jokes, I really am. Alice Springs.

My flatmate and I play Project M on a regular basis, but I'm not sure if we're what you'd call great at the game. 2 years in and we're still learning things. The remoteness kind of puts a damper on that, even with the net.

I'm pushing the game locally, already had a small local tourney and I have also set it up on a few other people's consoles. lots of young players too.

Last edited:

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
something something each tier is alphabetical

Plaintext:

S: Ted(AFK who knows :squirtle:prob), Zxv (:ganondorf:)
A+: Cunchy (:falcon:), Lux (:zelda:), Joe (:falco:/:fox:)
A-: Seb (:ivysaur:/:marth:), Star (:sonic:), Summoner (:dk2:)
B: RCJay (:marth:), Unreon (:link2:)

Last edited:

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
So I have a tier list for the Project M NT players

here it is

S: @Duskane (:fox: :falcon: :marth:)

A:
B: NovaAak (myself) (:ganondorf:, :bowser2:, :wolf:)

C: myself when I'm tired

and that's it really, all two of us. until some other parts of the NT want to speak up, that is.

I host weeklies with some enthusiasts who want to get into the competitiveness of smash and have also installed Project M for people to practice at their homes with, but (not to be mean, i'm being perfectly honest here) in terms of skill they really don't register on any sort of power ranking. not to say they aren't getting better, but they really have a long way to go. I've gone to interstate tourneys and have at least been able to hold my head above water for a few rounds so I know I have some staying power.

Last edited:

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
where do crocodiles rank on the NT PR? I can't see them on the list and I thought they'd make the cut.

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
Kaiza, I sort of met both you and Ghost at Avcon this year. Or, became aware of you at least. I did not do well on that occasion though.

someone was dressed as Kakyoin from Jojo.

where do crocodiles rank on the NT PR? I can't see them on the list and I thought they'd make the cut.
If the North of the NT ever speaks up, I'm sure they'll put in a word for them. Alice is 2dry4crocs.

Last edited:

Kaiza

Smash Journeyman
Kaiza, I sort of met both you and Ghost at Avcon this year. Or, became aware of you at least. I did not do well on that occasion though.

someone was dressed as Kakyoin from Jojo.

If the North of the NT ever speaks up, I'm sure they'll put in a word for them. Alice is 2dry4crocs.
WHOA you were at AVCon damn son
yeah that was me dressed as Kakyoin I heard some guy called NovaAK or something on the guy calling games
avcon tournament was a total hack but oh well, wish i knew you were a player from NT :|

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
WHOA you were at AVCon damn son
yeah that was me dressed as Kakyoin I heard some guy called NovaAK or something on the guy calling games
avcon tournament was a total hack but oh well, wish i knew you were a player from NT :|
> total hack

wow, mean, but not wrong... I'll totally concede I played like hot garbage that day.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
I blame Bryte :p I'll fix it up later

EDIT: Fixed. Also @Scarpian it would be awesome if you could put this PR on Qldsmash, also the NSW Smash 4 PR that was released last week as well :)

Last edited:

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow

Plaintext Version

S+
Equal 1st: Cunchy
@Cunchy~
Equal 1st: Lux
@luxingo
Equal 1st: Star
Star ☆ Star ☆

S
4th: Zxv
@Zxv
5th: Ventus
@Sora!
6th: Ryzuul
@Ryzuul

A
7th: Cole
Lex__ Lex__
8th: Ando

B
9th: Fruit :charizard::snake:
10th: Gabe :gw:@Gabe O'Reilly
At long last the new Sydney Project M Power Rankings are out! There have been a lot of big changes since last time because of an abundance of new top players. Everyone is a lot closer this time so we decided to sort each section into tiers to make the levels in skills more apparent.

The most notable example of this is S+ tier in which Cunchy, Lux and myself are tied for first place. This is due to a rock paper scissors conundrum that the three of us have experienced with only a few exceptions breaking this trend. The trend is Cunchy beats Lux, Lux beats Star and Star beats Cunchy. To support this, here's the set count between these players since the last PR.

Cunchy vs Lux - 3 - 0
Lux vs Star - 3 - 1
Star vs Cunchy - 9 - 4

All three players have achieved a first place result 3 or more times since the last PR and each at least once at a tournament where all three said players are in attendance.

Stay tuned everyone, there may be some video content coming soon in relation to this PR :D​

Last edited:
Top Bottom