• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Translucent

Smash Journeyman
I think that Squirtle should just always have shades all the time, because he's always going to win, therfore he is THE badass and needs them... always

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
It's like another form of Wesker's shades to me. In UMvC3, if Wesker removes his sunglasses, he gets a strength and speed increase (really dumb, I know), but if you taunt with him, he puts them back on (cutting his stats in the process). It's like he's saying, "I'm holding back just for you, weakling!" Squirt's shades are kinda like another form of that. You practically scream "Just try and hit me!", and if they do, you go beast on 'em as punishment. :p

#AnalysisOfTaunts:smash:

Edit: Guys, Squirtle's gonna die in a couple of hits anyway. He's so light! If you got hit and lost your shades (and you probably didn't put them on at 0%), then the next stock will come soon enough. You shouldn't be getting "tapped" anyway. :smirk:

Avalancer

Smash Journeyman
Is here a good place to give (constructive) criticism to the game? :bee:
Ivysaur:
I really like him. I play him a lot, together with ZSS. Although I do think solar beam charge is a bit too easy and safe to do. Idea: When he gets hit while he's charging his solar beam, he loses all his charge. This will make it easy for fast characters and characters with projectiles to punish Ivysaur players that charge a lot. It would make it a bit more exciting.
Secondly, Ivysaur's down-b is a bit easy to spam. It would be better (or worse, in a good way) if you could only have 1 seed bomb in the air at once, still doing the animation but not launching a second nut when there's already one in play. It'd take more strategy to use it this way.
I also think Sonic's (neutral-B) homing attack has too much range, it outranges defensive characters like Ivysaur, and shielding against it doesn't really help. :urg:

Regardless, I really like the new 2.5 P:M. The input lag was a real nitpick for me, and now it's fixed I can enjoy it way more. Everything feels very fast and fluent, and every match is a lot of fun.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
You can always post about characters in the character subforums.

Which we have now.

Which are awesome... If a bit lonely.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'd actually appreciate your guys' idea behind the frailness of the shades if they were just more durable (think like Kirby's copy hats). But rather to break them once someone hits you just kills the coolness of them. Also Bubba Squirtle doesn't get any stat buffs while putting 'em on so I dunno if that comparison really works for everyone.

Avalancer

Smash Journeyman
Charging is not that easy. You're lucky if you get it more than twice a match.
I found it pretty easy to charge, and it can be very annoying for the opponents when the Ivysaur keeps running/jumping away and charging. The risk of getting hit and resetting charge will (hopefully) make Ivysaur players more careful with charging, and make them charge more in safe moments like when someone's knocked of the stage or killed.

Kizzu-kun

Smash Journeyman
@Yobolight

We are choosing to keep our backroom at Smashmods for control and privacy reasons. It's also important for us that we don't lose any previous post data. PMBR applications will remain there as well.

We may get our own unique name colors though :p
Lightgreeeeeeeeeeen~
Forget it.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Does the PMBR have any members that can't actually code, but who are there solely because of their competitive knowledge with a character?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people in there for skill and not coding: wouldn't make much sense otherwise lol.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Ivysaur:

Secondly, Ivysaur's down-b is a bit easy to spam. It would be better (or worse, in a good way) if you could only have 1 seed bomb in the air at once, still doing the animation but not launching a second nut when there's already one in play. It'd take more strategy to use it this way.
It was like this at one point in the preview. The result of only having one really just made it kind of a bad move. It's really not that big a deal if spammed, if you're getting hit by constantly, it or your opponent is getting hit by it constantly then really something is being done wrong.

It can help with keepaway to an extent, but it's really not that hard to get past.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Not to be nitpicky but shouldn't the Project M character page have the new purple PM character portraits instead of the old Brawl dojo ones?

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Has anyone tried out the B-Stick with melee physics?

Can peach still do a turnip freepull and stuff like that?

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
True. I think they did a great job getting out small kinks like that, but it was such an underutilized part of brawl, and nobody ever figured out why it happens. That makes me think it is possible that things like that might've stayed in.

My original intention in asking about it is I'm wondering if there is anything that wasn't possible in Melee that is possible now with the addition of customizable controls. Specifically the B-Stick. I know in Brawl it allowed for some weird stuff to happen. I'm especially interested in how it might interact with things like Lucas's or Ivy's forward b.

G

genkaku

I'm about 80% sure that I saw some talk about B-sticking a long time ago. From what I remember you can still do it but it's hard and the new physics make it behave even more situationally.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I have no idea what you're talking about. They're clearly purple. :awesome:
Thanks, now we can finally tell which characters are clickable more easily. I know we already knew the characters, but some of them were hard to see (and Mr. Game & Watch could pass as unreleased).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom