• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
people complained about ivysaur because it having solarbeam shoot out of her mouth didnt make any sense at all. Lets see lucario shoot Aura Storm out of his mouth
Most Pokemon have solar beam shoot out of their mouths. It makes sense in that universe.

If only the bulb solarbeam would shoot at an angle slightly closer to the ground.

B.W.

Smash Champion
In the anime and manga, which most of the Pokemon are based off of in Smash, the Bulbasaur family always shot Solarbeam from the bulb.

I suggested that Solarbeam could have a burst hitbox that was closer to the bulb and wider (but weaker) than Solarbeam itself be made on the frame the move came out so it could cover Ivysaur's face and some of his back and would pop people upward so if you hit with the front of the burst it'd pop people into the beam, but if you hit with the back it's still just pop up the opponent up and nothing special would come out of it.

I suggested it in a stream a while ago, but my guess is they decided against it. Oh well.

Also on the case of Diddy, some people were kind of upset that the Hat Flip taunt was moved from being a taunt to an idle animation and a lot of people wanted it to be turned into a taunt and have it replace his overhead clap taunt giving him Hat Flip, Juggling, and his troll laugh. We also suggested his overhead clap be turned into an idle animation so it's also not completely gone.

Reasoning being the Hat Flip resembles victory for Diddy since it's what he does when defeating a boss in Donkey Kong Country 1 and not being able to have more control a victory Hat Flip when you take stocks is kind of a shame.

Juggle taunt and laugh taunt are still too pro.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Welp, guess we are gonna have to delay 2.5 to switch this taunt business around!

:alakadoof:

Seriously though, I think the juggle taunt has got to be one of the coolest taunts in smash history :O

B.W.

Smash Champion
It really is, everyone loved it. I'm pretty sure I heard Guru say you can act out of it immediately too as if it was an idle animation.

Which means I'm gonna juggle with Diddy all day.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
In the anime and manga, which most of the Pokemon are based off of in Smash, the Bulbasaur family always shot Solarbeam from the bulb.

I suggested that Solarbeam could have a burst hitbox that was closer to the bulb and wider (but weaker) than Solarbeam itself be made on the frame the move came out so it could cover Ivysaur's face and some of his back and would pop people upward so if you hit with the front of the burst it'd pop people into the beam, but if you hit with the back it's still just pop up the opponent up and nothing special would come out of it.

I suggested it in a stream a while ago, but my guess is they decided against it. Oh well.

Also on the case of Diddy, some people were kind of upset that the Hat Flip taunt was moved from being a taunt to an idle animation and a lot of people wanted it to be turned into a taunt and have it replace his overhead clap taunt giving him Hat Flip, Juggling, and his troll laugh. We also suggested his overhead clap be turned into an idle animation so it's also not completely gone.

Reasoning being the Hat Flip resembles victory for Diddy since it's what he does when defeating a boss in Donkey Kong Country 1 and not being able to have more control a victory Hat Flip when you take stocks is kind of a shame.

Juggle taunt and laugh taunt are still too pro.
All this. But glad to hear it's taken on consideration. Thanks very much guys.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I got three responses saying that you can't do it via the hackless method (using GeckO OS) and that was it. I figured I could make the changes myself using Riivolution.
*sigh* You guys DO know that you can run Riivolution off of Stack Smash (aka hackless), and thus can change the SFX just fine, right?

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Most Pokemon have solar beam shoot out of their mouths. It makes sense in that universe.

If only the bulb solarbeam would shoot at an angle slightly closer to the ground.
most pokemon aren't bulbasaur and its evolution line, where most attacks come out of the bulb. Ivysaur uses solarbeam in Pokemon Trainers final smash right? i havent played with items in so long, but im absolutely sure that solarbeam comes out of the bulb there too

ALSO, leafbarrett, tell me more ive tried setting that up before and it always failed

FRENUM

Smash Cadet
Frenum have you entered a tournament yet? Lololol

Where you been yo?

Edit: squad shades are a win animation ;)
I haven't -__- as far as I know there haven't been too many socal tourneys... But I could be wrong. And I never got around to a TL tech vid/montage. Too lazy LOL

:phone:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
there are definitely ways for you to customize your own SFX. My buddy uses Riivolution to run PM and he has custom music, a different announcer voice, and he replaced the sound when you hit the blast zone with Ganon saying "DIE!"

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It's not possible with Gecko OS, PrivateJoker, which is what's necessary before we consider including it officially in Project M.

Yung Mei

So yeah, i was never able to get riivolution running, if anyone remembers that episode from a while back

tears.exe

Revven

FrankerZ
We can't. DK and Diddy share the same victory screen music. If you replaced it, DK's victory screen music would be the same and... really out of place. Remember, Brawl's victory screen music is by franchise not individual characters (exception being Meta Knight, where I guess Sakurai originally planned the music to be done individually but then realized how much work that would really be).

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
most pokemon aren't bulbasaur and its evolution line, where most attacks come out of the bulb. Ivysaur uses solarbeam in Pokemon Trainers final smash right? i havent played with items in so long, but im absolutely sure that solarbeam comes out of the bulb there too
In Pokemon Stadiums 1 & 2, Venusaur shot Solarbeam from his mouth. I believe Ivysaur may have as well, but I'm not sure about that one.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Should I just upload a .zip with my SD card's files in it? It's not vanilla PM, but it's at least proof of concept.

Yung Mei

sombody upload their riivolution setup, because i just tried it again and it idnt work l0l

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
So this known issue:
In Training Mode, if you have a controller in any other port besides Port 1 and enter Training with that controller, you will be able to control when the CPU shields. (e.g Controller in Port 2, enter Training Mode, when you shield the CPU will shield also despite being set to Stand)

What's going on is there is a mixup in the lightshield input.
If you enter training mode as anything other than P1, the game sets you to P1, (it swaps your inputs back to P1, and over your characters head a P1 displays.) Every input gets mapped back to your P1 character, except for lightshield/partial shoulder button presses--which are recognized for the controller port the controller is actually in.)

You can only shield with the one computer your controller port is actually in (so in P3, you shield only with the second computer on lightshield.) You cannot airdodge with the computers (full presses are registered correctly.) You can't Lcancel with a light press with the human character--the corresponding CPU just lightshields. Similarly, set the computer to "Control" and the port 1 computer will lightshield for the human character.

Seems like just a matter of identifying the code that swaps it over for the other inputs and duplicating it for the new partial press. Also y'all probably knew these details already, or definitely would have been able to figure them out quickly.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
Since when? I've always heard that Riivolution doesn't work hackless but I have HBC so idk
If you can run it from bannerbomb/letterbomb (Wiibrew page says you can) then there's no reason you shouldn't be able to run from smash stack. It's not like you need a cIOS like some older homebrew.

Diddy hype!

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
These supposed experts of what is and isn't possible in Pokemon physiology got her attack nerfed, so good going guys.

Anyway new topic: I wish there was a stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom