• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Oh yeah, what was the reasoning of making Snake's grenades a shorter timer and the limit of one grenade. While, I do understand the one grenade thing, I feel it takes a lot away from the whole Snake strategy that he had in Brawl. He just doesn't feel the same at all.

But, what is the reasoning for the shorter timer? I swear that is the hardest thing to remember transitioning between games.

Vwins

Smash Ace
lol at kage's posts, where's the warrior spirit for never giving up? :( I think lucario might be a bit too strong but for now we should wait until the metagame progress and people get use to DI out of his combo before nerfing anything. If i would nerf one thing right now on lucario is probably his walljump after his Up B. His recovery is already good enough without it and with all his combo potential I think he should only have a decent recovery not a very good one. Tommorow I might go buy some equipment to record my lucario so you guys can see why kage was complaining so much lol.

leelue

Smash Lord
I have no idea why he has a walljump out of upB. I don't care for it, design-wise. Then again, I don't particularly care for Ike's either (His recovery could have been a lot cleaner and intuitive if you ask me), and to a lesser extent for mario's.

Revven

FrankerZ
I have no idea why he has a walljump out of upB. I don't care for it, design-wise. Then again, I don't particularly care for Ike's either (His recovery could have been a lot cleaner and intuitive if you ask me), and to a lesser extent for mario's.
To be clear, it's not a wall jump. Lucario has to wall cling first, then he has access to wall jump. And technically, it's not meant to be there... we weren't able to remove it before putting the demo out there. :V

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Z will not catch an item if you recently threw or dropped one. Airdodge is the only thing that will, hence the need to clarify between an "instant" item catch and a normal one. Snake shield drops a grenade then wavedashes to grab it instantly.

Saying you can AGT out of Instant Throw is like saying Wolf can use blaster out of air dodge, Or Ness can Double Jump out of his aerials.
I get what you're saying and I'm not saying that one can AGT after instant throw. I'm simply saying AD + Instant throw = AGT for all intents and purposes. Same actions, same results. Also, Snake wavedashing to pick up a grenade is not truly 'instantaneous' because the lag of the AD was simply cancelled by landing. Catching with Z never has any lag whatsoever.

Can't you just press A to instant catch something as well? And why won't Z catch an item you dropped recently o.O IIRC it did in brawl.
I'm actually not sure. Part of me wants to say that using A would cause you to perform your nair while catching the item, but then again, Z should also be performing some other action in the air, so I don't know how it actually manages to catch stuff without doing anything else.

did you know you can downsmash and side-smash while holding a bomb? Bet you didn't
Who didn't know this by now? :rolleyes:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
What is the reasoning behind shortening the grenade timer?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The old grenade timer would have been too long, especially for a 1 grenade setup. Shorter timer means he can pull and explode grenades faster, which would probably fit Melee more.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Everyone is much faster in this game, so attacking and getting out of the way of the grenade would've been a trivial thing without shortening the timer.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
How much extra distance can you get by just agtUp-ing over and over while coming back?
Quite a bit, enough that I felt it was important to learn since the spin attack stales so early now that even getting 3-4 hits from the spin attack on the bomb isn't enough :/

Just gotta be careful pulling out the second bomb, it's a little hard not to fast-fall in the heat of the moment

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Snake's P:M design is really awesome imo.
The only real negative I can think of is that his dash attack is kinda wack, but still not terrible. I suppose an argument could be made about his up-b being "over-centralizing", but I'm fine with it.

:phone:

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Oh yeah, what was the reasoning of making Snake's grenades a shorter timer and the limit of one grenade. While, I do understand the one grenade thing, I feel it takes a lot away from the whole Snake strategy that he had in Brawl. He just doesn't feel the same at all.

But, what is the reasoning for the shorter timer? I swear that is the hardest thing to remember transitioning between games.
Quoted straight from Strong Bad:
"So uh
Our project goals are quite clear. They can be read here and have been public for something like 2 years now. For clarification, in character design, a character's vBrawl representation is very rarely held in very high regard, and liberties are taken to "Meleefy" them to ensure they fit well in the new, very Melee-like environment that is Project M. How good the character is competitively is also never based on the character's vBrawl incarnation, and is more based on who is designing the character and simple chance."

Important sections are bolded, obviously.

As far as I can tell, Mario's recovery is just like it was in Melee except for the Brawl cape. What do you not like about Mario's recovery?

Bubbaking where those tournaments at

:phone:
We're on it, man. :embarrass: We're looking at a possible date 5-8 weeks from now. We need a date that doesn't conflict with other tourneys in the region that is also open for SBU.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
He was talking specifically about walljump recoveries. Mario can reliably walljump out of Upb in this.

DARN YOU ELI, DARN YOU AND IKE!

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Technically, Mario could walljump out of his sjp in Melee, too, although it was more limited.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Exaggerating obviously, but there's not many of us. I don't lose really so I can't account losses I haven't had, I lost twice to the guy who won the P:M tourny in Framingham, but we were both on 1 stock both times, and I beat him 3 times, one loss was determined by who reach the death boundary first, unfortunately his C. Falcon got the star KO so it took more time for him to die :/

Link is not bad, I'm not saying that, I'm saying he's not up there with Fox, Falco and Zelda, I still feel like he's mid-tier in P:M, like he's in the same spot he was in Melee, because everyone else also got so much better.

He does have a ridiculous recovery, I usually AGT up and then Bomb Jump now to assure my distance back to the stage, unfortunately I was still trying it out and fast falled in my last video which I'm gonna post in a bit

Watch my videos and tell me what you think I don't use effectively(besides f-tilt), I'd love some real criticism instead of people just ******* assuming I'm playing him wrong.

Watched you're video, it's awesome, tbh you're the only other good Link I've ever seen for P:M, subscribed just for that

My latest Link video, like I said, screwed up majorly and fastfalled on the 2nd bomb pull-out cause I was still trying this technique out:

(Vs Fox)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9r4LU43ffY&list=PL54DD4B4BF0D008A3&index=29&feature=plpp_video
It's really hard to critique you off this video. I'm not trying to be mean/harsh but the fox looks pretty new to smash. Either that or he has absolutely no tech skill heh. You shouldn't be able to just stand still and shoot things while he's on the stage, ever. It's easier to critique a video where you are fighting someone better than yourself, or close to your skill level at least. I don't see any baiting and a lack of good movement in this video from both you and your opponent, where are the wavelands to mindgame, dashdancing, crossups..etc I don't see any high level play there :/ and I can only assume it's because the fox is very new to smash/melee.

Stevo

Smash Champion
snakes up b is redic.
but in a good way.
just leave it.
I think it does slightly too much damage personally, but otherwise, it seems fine.

at low percents it can hit twice really easily.

with a quick out of shield combo you can hit for 40+ damage.
(such as 2 electric hits into up air into whatever)

I think the electric hits are 8% each? could be lowered I think.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
snake kind of needs that option though, his approach is rather linear so having a strong defensive game is important. being able to confirm a shield punish into big damage is rather unique (not many chars can start powerful combos as an OoS punish) and even nerfing his damage would just make it even harder for Snake to win, when nothings been done by any Snake mains in tourney yet to suggest theres any reason for that.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
No one is trying to nerf Snake stingers.

At least as of now.

The only people who would even have the SLIGHTEST of grounds to being such an argument is UK.

And they dont post here. The talk on FB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom