• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvengingTheKnight

Smash Apprentice
We shouldn't have to wait this long!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why are you devs so dumb that you can't see that playing P:M is a right! not a privilege!

This is so annoying!!!

/done

PropaneTankHank

Smash Rookie
Though he's probably trolling, I could've swore when I woke up a few hours ago I saw this thread's title changed to "Demo 2 released!". Was the most depressing.

Tigertenaka

Smash Rookie
Aw, it's not out yet. I hope it's out by the time I get back home from work at about 7:00 tonight.

Stunts

Smash Journeyman
Question regaurding Pikachu M.

did you adapt him with some of Pichu's traits? (eg. dair trajectory or walljump?)
cause lets be honest *flameshield* Pichu wasnt TOTAL crap.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Game of Thrones and Legend of Korra
I'm really not liking some parts of the show so far. Part of Avatar was watching Aang master the elements- Korra's already mastered 3 of them, she just sucks hardcore at air bending. Also I fail to see how masked man is threatening or what he's planning. At least the first show had a concrete enemy (the Fire Nation) set up from the first episode. I'll reserve further judgements until the end of the season.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
How much polish does this demo need? Is it really that much different from the version the devs use?

:phone:

Jeyfar

Smash Apprentice
How much polish does this demo need? Is it really that much different from the version the devs use?

:phone:
The devs version is completely different and constatly updated for further playtesting. Our Demo version will be on older build but perfected and established.

Revven

FrankerZ
you're making the demo 2 build to sound completely outdated
Demo 2 will be what our current dev version winds up being when we release. We'll probably take a short break but then go back to working on the game again, but that doesn't mean you guys should stop playing demo 2. There's 29 characters for you guys to mess with and lots of stages to play on, it's chock full of stuff.

Pretty much we've halted any progress on the game (as far as adding more content/big changes) to make sure the demo is up to snuff and works how we want it to be for your enjoyment.

There's no way we could simultaneously work on two versions, lol.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I'm really not liking some parts of the show so far. Part of Avatar was watching Aang master the elements- Korra's already mastered 3 of them, she just sucks hardcore at air bending. Also I fail to see how masked man is threatening or what he's planning. At least the first show had a concrete enemy (the Fire Nation) set up from the first episode. I'll reserve further judgements until the end of the season.
I disagree with all of this. I really like the fact that Korra isn't just repeating the same training as the first show. Air bending should be tough because she ain't a monk and she doesn't think like one. How she finds a practical use for the air fighting stance in episode 2 is brilliant,

Firelord Ozai wasn't set up as the big bad for a while. Amon hasn't revealed himself yet so your really jumping the gun on judging him as a villian.

Jeyfar

Smash Apprentice
you're making the demo 2 build to sound completely outdated
No that was not my intent. What I meant by older is something that is not what the devs have (after all they use the version with all characters ;) ) Anyway it's a pretty fresh build.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Aww, it's not out yet. Bummer! Hopefully it'll be out today? Don't be pulling a Reggie on us, folks. That's just not cool. :c

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Uhhh any news for Riivolution?

Watching a person master those 3 again would be repetitive and unneeded, we never actually got to see how airbending is mastered so it's new material, and the masked man can stop chi flow like Ty Lee could in the first series, do that, slash someone up with a sword and he could kill any bender out there, I think that's enough of a threat.

D

Deleted member

Why don't you all just wait for the remaining 12 hours of today to pass before you all start whining about how demo 2 isn't out yet?

12 hours

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Dude, use a more readable text O.O
Yellow isn't readable? (I know it's auto set to black and I keep forgetting about that, but I changed to yellow before your post, so I'm confused.

jalued

Smash Lord
Demo 2 will be what our current dev version winds up being when we release. We'll probably take a short break but then go back to working on the game again, but that doesn't mean you guys should stop playing demo 2. There's 29 characters for you guys to mess with and lots of stages to play on, it's chock full of stuff.

Pretty much we've halted any progress on the game (as far as adding more content/big changes) to make sure the demo is up to snuff and works how we want it to be for your enjoyment.

Thanks for the reply, that's what i thought. The demo 2 just means that there are a few characters missing, and if any developments are made with the engine then we'll have to wait for demo 3 before we can enjoy them.

Having said that, demo 2 seems to have 95% of the meleeness, so close enough :D

Think demo 1 was about 60% melee feel (yes i just made that statistic out of thin air but it sounds about right), so I'm sure demo 2 will be a massive improvement.

Best of luck with the rest of the project, and i'll check back tomorrow to see if the demo is released (seeing the gf this evening, I do have some priorities other than PM :p )

PEEF!

Smash Hero
No that was not my intent. What I meant by older is something that is not what the devs have (after all they use the version with all characters ;) ) Anyway it's a pretty fresh build.
This isn't really right. The playable characters will be the same playable characters that the devs have. Just because we have some extra characters that don't work properly/aren't completed at all or freeze the game doesn't mean that anything else is outdated. 29 characters (which are the ones that have received serious playtesting) will be the same for you as it is for the PMBR. It won't be a "pretty fresh" build, it will be THE FRESHEST STABLE BUILD for those 29 characters. We will all be playing the same stuff for the next while.

ChronicleX

Smash Cadet

Out of curiosity, when you guys get back to working on it what is your priority? Metaknight, Kirby, Olimar, etc. Is there anything you almost included in demo2 but decided against?

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Resume your lives everybody.
If I were them, I'd use the full 24hours of April.15 to work out absolutely as MANY possible kinks as possible before releasing it to the public. Like, think about it:
THIS is what everyone's been waiting for, might as well make it as best as it could possibly be since it's the build people will be playing until who the hell knows when. I'm not holding my breath for a release until monday.

Though, I'm really glad there are so many people are hyped for Project:M
onday

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom