• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Well, Link can kill earleir, but RAQU uses a heavily projectile-dependent stiyle for lLnk. Heck, he kills at the top of the screen with bombs, lol. His style doesn't lend himself to early kills. Not that it's bad or anything, but he plays it very safe.

@ Neko:: Come to Quebec, we can get Lucario dittos :p

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
Will the next version have a nicely organized stage selection screen like the demo? I liked how all the melee neutrals (Marth Story, Mango Land, FD, ect.) were on the bottom row, it was convenient. In the streams it looked like it was the Brawl layout; Is this because those versions are WIP and the layout isn't of importance yet?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Will the next version have a nicely organized stage selection screen like the demo? I liked how all the melee neutrals (Marth Story, Mango Land, FD, ect.) were on the bottom row, it was convenient. In the streams it looked like it was the Brawl layout; I am hoping this is because those versions are WIP and the layout isn't of importance yet?
You are correct.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Pit will be as homo as Falco, when it comes to spamming a projectile. Now if only pit could SH double arrow................

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
He never indicated Link was his best character soo calm the **** down

JCz has publicized the majority of the P:M footage out there and keeps us up to date with the latest builds so be thankful for that.
Assuming I'm mad, AGAIN

What is wrong with you guys? Or is it really just how I type? If it is I'm sorry but that's just how I write things out, I don't mean any harm by it

So no, YOU need to chill out

I'm thankful for what he does, but I talk to people on here how I talk to my friends, maybe it's a circle thing but we poke fun at each other like that, so when you read my comments, keep that in mind, I mean no offense and I think anyone older than 5 can take a comment like that and not cry, but really his Link is bad

THE CALLOUT

JC's Link obviously isn't the best in the BR, but he sure as hell has a better Link than you.
JC would probably wreck your ****, even if you had P:M day once son.

***** trashes organic meatbags like you.

</pmbr****ride>

Haha... yea no

I honestly hope that you're badly trolling as usual, because judging another player based off of what you've set as a bar is really bad judgement and far from anything close to good logic.
I've seen him play many times, his Link is sloppy at best, no offense

I would love to go on about your post, but Shadic and RAQU also play competent Links. Look them up if you really wish to be that judgmental about JC's playstyle
I've tried, come up on nothing, help me out?

completely disregarding the fact that P:M vids aren't for the purpose of showing off each player's skill
Never said it was

Beggars can't be ****ing choosers you ungrateful *****

You people are way too cereal here

Sorry I try to play a lot of characters for you guys ...?

My Link may be sloppy but it wins. I beat Azen with that Link :p
No by all means continue, I hope you get better with Link, I don't know how to explain how to do things better, but bombjumping is incredibly easy, AGT up wait 1/2 a second, shift the control stick towards the death boundary, then up B slightly backwards toward the bomb, that 1 hit should send you flying backwards toward the stage rather than away from it.

I don't even know who Azen is, got any videos?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
How the hell do you not know who Azen is?

Are you just bad at life or what? Because your unnecessarily rude and blunt behavior seems to support this.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
How the hell do you not know who Azen is?

Are you just bad at life or what? Because your unnecessarily rude and blunt behavior seems to support this.
Bad at life...

Not being indulged in every fiber of the smash community makes me bad at life? I'm sorry but just LOL

Anyways, I'm terrible with names, I mean, as in I have to meet a person 8 times before I remember their names, I never forget a face though

It sounds familiar but I probably forgot since there's much more useful information to be stored in my head, I'm just finishing up with finals

Vaerix

Smash Journeyman
Azen is one of the premier melee players and a competent brawl player. Known for playing many characters. Search on youtube, you'll find plenty.

Also, a lot of things that you expect to get across on the Internet will fail, so comments have to be worded a bit more matter-of-factly rather than with unwritten subtext.

On-topic-ish:
Does the current build for pit feature as much arrow control as before? I don't remember seeing much.

EDIT: typing on a phone is so zetta slow
:phone:

L7Junkie

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to be the best pit when this is released. I could've been the best vbrawl pit but...well that would not be fun at all.
Then it's a race! I'm sure your Pit is better now because you probably play more, but whatever.
You mean nspec /troll
lololol.
Not being indulged in every fiber of the smash community makes me bad at life? I'm sorry but just LOL
Obviously, he was just joking. It's just weird for someone who follows Smash to not know who Azen is.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
I'm unsure of whether or not to take that post seriously. Either way, Akuma, you seem to be a poor troll, a very naive person with pretty bad morals, or just an incredibly stupid individual. If you're really desperate to find better Links, then don't ask in the rude, arrogant attitude you normally have when posting; otherwise, you're asking for drama, which this thread doesn't need. If you can't find anyone on your own, then there are a few things that you can do:

• Search harder
  • Lurk this thread for whatever information you were trying to gather
  • Play Melee
If you search harder for footage of other -- in your opinion -- better Link players, then chances are that you'll at least get some noteworthy information on where to look or better sources to ask. It's very likely that you're looking for vids of Link in order to get a grasp of how much better he's gotten -- more specifically, the buffs he's gotten in order to compete with the higher tiered characters -- or to see if he's changed any since the last time you managed to catch footage of him. If you can't get that information from the videos currently floating around, then ask specific questions about Link, in this thread. You will get an answer in a timely manner. Now, you can also play Melee -- something that I highly recommend -- in order to get a better grasp of Link and start brainstorming ideas to apply to his Project: M counterpart. Project: M and Melee have their obvious differences, granted, but it it's very likely that you can apply Melee shenanigans to P:M. Even then, working on your main in Melee is a lot better than speculating what they'll be like in P:M. Don't approach a valuable member of the BR like that just because you're being impatient. Acting like that makes you seem like an immature and cocky person, as you can't really bring about any proof that you are indeed better; your skill isn't really relevant at all to wanting better players, but you did point out specific things about his playstyle, comparing it to what you can do.

Furthermore, Azen is one of veteran professional players best known for his Marth in Melee and Lucario in vBrawl. He's been around for a very long time and has inspired multiple playstyles for both of the aforementioned characters. He also plays a very good Falco and Meta Knight in Melee and Brawl, respectively. For that reason, even many beginners know about Azen and his accomplishments. Saying that you don't know who he is after insulting a player with significantly more experience than you will cause a lot of people to scratch their heads. You basically said, "hey guys, come at me because imma scrub!" with that post.
Does the current build for pit feature as much arrow control as before? I don't remember seeing much.
I recall asking this a while ago as well and apparently arrow control is as flexible as it is in vBrawl, if not more. Although, it's just as difficult iirc

cmart

Smash Lord
Re: Pit's arrow control: I would have to dig up and compare the floats directly, but it's not a big difference if there is any. People don't do complicated arrow maneuvers much in P: M because Pit's arrows lose damage and kb the longer they're out, reducing the payoff for such tricks.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I'm going to be the best pit when this is released. I could've been the best vbrawl pit but...well that would not be fun at all.
You will not surpass my Pit.

Also.
The#Jay also plays Link and you should probably watch it if you want to see a Link that orients on spacing and not just endlessly throwing projectiles.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
No by all means continue, I hope you get better with Link, I don't know how to explain how to do things better, but bombjumping is incredibly easy, AGT up wait 1/2 a second, shift the control stick towards the death boundary, then up B slightly backwards toward the bomb, that 1 hit should send you flying backwards toward the stage rather than away from it.

I don't even know who Azen is, got any videos?
Bombjumping works differently now than it did in the demo fyi. I haven't bothered to learn the new timing because I don't take Link that seriously.

And are you trolling about that last part or are you just that oblivious to competitive Smash?

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
I have a question!

How can I add Samus to the character select menu of the Project M public beta? I know it won't be the same as using Project M's Samus, but I want to use her in the Brawl+ environment and it's better than nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom