• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I have a minor aesthetic suggestion if you guys are willing to do it.

I was watching a bunch of Zelda matches and was thinking how crazy Zelda dittos would be with all the din's going around when I thought it be a good idea to somehow make it noticeable which zeldas din's are out. Is there a way to change the color of din's depending on the costume color chosen? Or is that way too much work for what it's worth?

Vaerix

Smash Journeyman
@PurDi

Not really sure if that's possible at all. For any other character, every projectile/article thingy looks the same across costumes. I'm not a coder though, so I could be talking out my bum.

Revven

FrankerZ
You would be correct, articles cannot be attached to costumes. They are attached to the characters themselves, you can't separate and say "okay you're this color for this costume".

Plus it all goes back to that "being limited in editing articles" we talked about a few posts ago. ;)

foshio

Smash Journeyman
I have a noob learning curve question. In the Demo it was very very easy to wave shine backwards with fox when compared to melee. Has this been meleefied cause that is pretty much how I can tell if my fingers are ready for a match in melee...

Octorox

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
From the youtube vids, Toon Link is looking great. That said, the sex kick animation still looks off...Im sure theres something else that could be done with those hitboxes.

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
You would be correct, articles cannot be attached to costumes. They are attached to the characters themselves, you can't separate and say "okay you're this color for this costume".

Plus it all goes back to that "being limited in editing articles" we talked about a few posts ago. ;)
Yea, I figured that was the case :(

I don't think it'll be too much of an issue but and din's heavy dittos will get confusing... I guess that's all up to finding someone that has super wizard powers in articles.

Also, another thing my friend and I came across the other day. If one person picks Zelda and one picks Sheik. When one transforms, the look exactly the same... No light or dark costume. Has this been addressed?

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Also, another thing my friend and I came across the other day. If one person picks Zelda and one picks Sheik. When one transforms, the look exactly the same... No light or dark costume. Has this been addressed?
(5:53:16 PM) Dantarion: thats cuz of the zelda/shiek css slots
(5:53:20 PM) Dantarion: i dont know how to fix that

:/

iLink

Smash Champion
Lol @ toon link's new intro. I'm ok with this.

Also looks like he got Link's n64 fsmash but with a hop to it.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
@Falco400
Well it also depends on the article. Some articles are actually attached to costumes. An example would be Ike's second sword (the one he throws up for his Up B). However, this is a rare case. The majority of the time articles apply across every costume slot (since they're part of the moveset).

Just so you guys know, the new TL intro represents when he gets shot out of the cannon in Wind Waker (just without the cannon but believe me I did try to add a cannon). It was Shadic's rather ingenious idea and I had quite a bit of fun making it XD

:phone:

Octorox

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
@Falco400
Well it also depends on the article. Some articles are actually attached to costumes. An example would be Ike's second sword (the one he throws up for his Up B). However, this is a rare case. The majority of the time articles apply across every costume slot (since they're part of the moveset).

Just so you guys know, the new TL intro represents when he gets shot out of the cannon in Wind Waker (just without the cannon but believe me I did try to add a cannon). It was Shadic's rather ingenious idea and I had quite a bit of fun making it XD

:phone:
I definitely approve! It looks fantastic!

I think it's just that Toon Link normally just has short legs, but during Nair, his legs are extended.
Yeah, I know some characters like Mario have those stretchy animations but on TLink it just looks strange. Its his only attack that doesn't use a weapon, and its his only attack that involved any sort of stretched limbs. On top of that, Toon Link's legs frankly don't look like they should be kicking anything. His stubby legs are an essential aspect of the way the character is built, his legs work very fast when hes walking and he carries that oversized sword around for a reason.

Visually, Young Link has an extremely different build, his legs are noticeably larger, possibly even greater than normal proportions, the kicking animations look really good on Young Link but I don't think they fit at all on Toon Link.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
If one person picks Zelda and one picks Sheik. When one transforms, the look exactly the same... No light or dark costume. Has this been addressed?
Yeah, this needs to be fixed… It should be available to every character. :upsidedown:
After all, if you're really not able to remember who you are, even with the colored labels floating overhead, just don't use the option to choose the same color.
Personally, I get more confused (IE, rarely and to a small extent) when I'm forced to use a different color than usual because my opponent got to it first.
But that's assuming this is an easy thing to do.

Regarding TL's Nair, I suggested on SmashMods that it be made into the normal sword swing from The Adventure of Link. It reaches out vertically, so it could fit the kick's hitboxes, and it'd be a nice complement to his Uair and Dair.

Also, FFFF-yeah Jump Attack!

Alopex

Smash Ace

Is it possible, then, to attach the article to controller port, like with shields?

P1 gets red shield, gets red Din's. P2 gets blue shield, gets blue Din's. Etc?

Is that what you did with shields or was something totally different done to change shield color?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Is it possible, then, to attach the article to controller port, like with shields?

P1 gets red shield, gets red Din's. P2 gets blue shield, gets blue Din's. Etc?
No.

Is that what you did with shields or was something totally different done to change shield color?
No. Shield colors are all different in Brawl and in Melee. They each have their own textures, and the shield color code changes each texture. That's how it works.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I love your animation work Silent Doom! It's just great to see fresh animations, also great job P:M team, apparently you have fixed the issue with sound effects? =)

Man I wish I could code to contribute to this project

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
All vids from Teh Pwn Gaming are now up on my channel.

I love your animation work Silent Doom! It's just great to see fresh animations, also great job P:M team, apparently you have fixed the issue with sound effects? =)

Man I wish I could code to contribute to this project
I use a custom BRSAR made by ds22 that has melee hit sfx. It is not a part of Project M at all.

Starscream

Smash Ace
The new Toon Link animations look great. I'd still prefer his entrance be warping in with wind like Link's old entrance and him putting away the Wind Waker but this one is pretty great too.

nawgui

Smash Cadet
Just an idea, im not trying to suggest this as a buff/nerf or anything of the sort, but seeing as how TL is getting a bunch of cool animations that helps differ him from Link (not saying that the two were the same tho) would it be possible to give either him or Link the crouching sword poke they have in their respective games instead of the sword swipe as one of their DTilt?

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Hmmm I know its only a animation change but I think it would look cool however in melee I know young link had a meteor or is it a spike on his dtilt. I do admit it again as I said it would look cool but it would look wierd if TL had that still and a poke. I understand that human physics really don't play much a part in this game idk it just would look wierd. Not to say TL looks wierd enough already as it is lol. just my 2 cents or at least my humble opinion.

Question about TL though. I seen the moves on Standard's youtube channel. Is that going to remain the 64 smash or are you guys gonna revert it to a melee setting where he swings once and then a second time? Sorta like in Brawl or is the 64 smash move actually better? Well the reason I ask is because the animation well the start up looks like melee the only difference imo is the dash after the swing. I understand that it is experimental im guessing but Im fine with whichever you guys decide to choose to use.

btw the new animations for Link & TL Im absolutely love seeing. Just want to say thanks for making these Silentdoom. Keep up the awesome work. Can't wait for when this actually decides to come out.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Hmmm I know its only a animation change but I think it would look cool however in melee I know young link had a meteor or is it a spike on his dtilt. I do admit it again as I said it would look cool but it would look wierd if TL had that still and a poke. I understand that human physics really don't play much a part in this game idk it just would look wierd. Not to say TL looks wierd enough already as it is lol. just my 2 cents or at least my humble opinion.
It's a meteor.
Question about TL though. I seen the moves on Monk's youtube channel. Is that going to remain the 64 smash or are you guys gonna revert it to a melee setting where he swings once and then a second time? Sorta like in Brawl or is the 64 smash move actually better? Well the reason I ask is because the animation well the start up looks like melee the only difference imo is the dash after the swing. I understand that it is experimental im guessing but Im fine with whichever you guys decide to choose to use.
I am mad. It's my channel. :<

The fsmash is experimental. It's subject to change.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
errr Sorry Standard I'm on a lack of sleep and I apologize. Thank you both for the quick answer.

fixed above statement.

nawgui

Smash Cadet
Hmmm I know its only a animation change but I think it would look cool however in melee I know young link had a meteor or is it a spike on his dtilt. I do admit it again as I said it would look cool but it would look wierd if TL had that still and a poke.
I thought it would look better situated on Link imo, but then again just an idea

Beorn4200

Smash Apprentice
I thought it would look better situated on Link imo, but then again just an idea
I'd be up for it... As long as Dtilt keeps it's hit properties... kinda need that move to set up guaranteed dairs to get them kills... The fact that it's faster now makes this move much more useful for doing just that.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
so is reverse ledge grabbing range yet to be worked out? or has samus simply not been worked on?

Edit: nevermind Toasty: "Her ledgegrab range is still completely unedited. This will be taken care of."

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I have a small request to any of the closed alpha version streamers out there: could you guys use more counter-pick stages on streams and youtube?

I realize that neutrals are the most ideal to test balance changes, but the same 3 platform stages over and over gets stale after awhile. Seeing how characters do on some of the more interesting but still legal stages is also important for game balance. :cool:

PeachEater74

Smash Apprentice
Toon Links new Dash attack isn't the best idea unless it's just an animation change. In Melee it was a pretty important move for getting people off the stages after you hit them with a bomb or something because ledge guarding was one of his best ways to kill people. It's one of the few moves that I think had good enough power and KB to be considered good. Also changing his Fsmash is a silly idea unless you're keeping it the same strength as his old one. Otherwise it'll be too weak imo.

Haven't been here for ages.
Surprised to see Gimpyfish is still around. I thought he moved on from smash now.
Bowser looks promising. I hope for that v1.0 sometime early next year.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
YL's Fsmash was terrible. The first hit seems to have been specifically designed to move the opponent out of the way of the second hit, and the second hit wasn't all that good at killing, anyway.

@Xeylode
Project: M brought him back! :love:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I think Toon's new f smash looks great. Fast and smooth animation. Anything that makes Toon different from the norm is a good thing imho.

And that new intro, lol. Absolutely perfect! Any other characters getting new intros Doom?

PeachEater74

Smash Apprentice
YL's Fsmash was terrible. The first hit seems to have been specifically designed to move the opponent out of the way of the second hit, and the second hit wasn't all that good at killing, anyway.

@Xeylode
Project: M brought him back! :love:
The second hit was pretty strong, actually. The first hit was the problem unless you knew how to place yourself, then it becomes easy to hit both.

nawgui

Smash Cadet
I'd be up for it... As long as Dtilt keeps it's hit properties... kinda need that move to set up guaranteed dairs to get them kills... The fact that it's faster now makes this move much more useful for doing just that.
almost like roy's dtilt then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom