• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPDP

Smash Ace
I see you decided against giving Mario the Doc electric fsmash hitbox after all. I'm a little sad about that, since having both Mario's and Doc's fsmashes in one would've been complete ****, but, well... yeah, it would've been TOO much ****. This is probably for the best.

I see Link still can't cancel his ledge tether with a jump. Have you not been able to fix that much like wall tethers, or did you not try to?

Also, I know this is a demo and all, but why wasn't Ike included? I was under the impression that he was very, very solid. If it was because you deemed 14 characters to be enough for a demo, then that's fair enough. Unless he just wasn't ready, which seems to be the case since I hear Peach would've been in were it not for her turnips. So what's Ike's issue?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Got to play some matches against my friend to whom I've mentioned this a few times. He went into it not knowing what to think, but by the end of the very first match he was already impressed by how much like Melee Sheik was. He liked all the other characters he tried too.

Of course, I've been having great fun as well ^_^ My favorite BS combo with Ganondorf is Flame Choke -> Wizard's Foot, which surprisingly works on most characters lolol

I'm gonna work on customizing this with some character textures and a lot of music on the stages. I've been maining Pig Ganon and it's awesome.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Random Stage Switch
To unlock random stage switch under the rules option, you need to unlock all the stages with additional rules enabled.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Of course, I've been having great fun as well ^_^ My favorite BS combo with Ganondorf is Flame Choke -> Wizard's Foot, which surprisingly works on most characters lolol
Pfft. Try Wizard's Foot into offstage Ganoncide. THAT is how you roll with the Manondorf.

Or Wizard's Foot into offstage DJ'ed Wizard's Foot spike. Damn son.

cooler1339

Smash Apprentice
Hey, Haven't we spoken before? Anyway, glad to see some Cali people giving the game a try, it's too bad your crew doesn't dig it.

But yeah, landing detection takes a big hit on Ganon. It really interferes with wavedashing/wavelanding/waveetcing so it's no surprise that someone expecting Marth or whoever to play just like Melee will be dissapointed. But, we are hard at work looking for fixes to landing detection among other big things, so just stay tuned for the months to come. We've come this far! We're not stopping now.
Yeah we have played a little in B+. I was playing with Kaizo last night and it was pretty fun even though it was lagging.

I'm looking forward to those fixes! Maybe because the game feels similar to melee all the little things that I notice just throws me off.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
The best thing about that, is that at low percents it leaves you right next to your opponent, allowing you follow up with a flame choke tech chase.

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
Hye i just installed the demo of Project M into my SD card after formatting it, but the game doesn't want to load up the gecko when I go to the stage builder (I deleted all stages). This is on an hackless wii. Anyone knows how to fix this?

shanus

Smash Hero
Hye i just installed the demo of Project M into my SD card after formatting it, but the game doesn't want to load up the gecko when I go to the stage builder (I deleted all stages). This is on an hackless wii. Anyone knows how to fix this?
Hop on the irc, irc is for problem solving!

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Can somebody do this for me?

Go to the installer, pick the "Riivolution Online Option", install it, etc

Open up Riivolution, switch "Code Set" to "Project M [Demo]", launch it and make sure it works

M!nt

Smash Champion
The demos lookin great guys, really impressive stuff. Is this going to the only demo like DEMO--->RELEASE or wil there be other demos as well?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Demo to Release. I think the only exception would be if a major bug was found and needed to be fixed A.S.A.P.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
You guys overloaded my website.

if you do it again, I'll be forced to upgrade to a better hosting package.

And I'd have to start paying 250$ bi-annually instead of my puny 65$.

Mother ****ers better start donating.

GreatFalco

Smash Apprentice
Finally played the demo. Really, really amazing overall, guys :)

Landing detection is very noticeable though, I hope you manage to break through it as soon as possible. Looks like wavedash must be performed slowly in general, or is it just my impression? Haven't played much anyway, but I'm not done to it at all.

The redone characters are ****, this feels just like a new game. I'm sure I'll be enjoying all your work for years.

Also, love the new aesthetics!

M!nt

Smash Champion
If it gets to that point you guys can just put it on mediafire or megaupload or something.

Revven

FrankerZ
By the way Zef, you don't need to turn on buffer to have it on 0. The buffer is defaulted to 0 if you have the settings off.

Blackadder

Smash Master
custom textures should work without an issue
Hmmm, I think it's got something to do with the "brawlmods" folder. I only know how to texture hack via pf/fighter/whatever, and the demo pack doesn't contain the pf folder. Guess I have to research "brawlmods" now.

Also, the demo is fantastic. Amazing work.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Add the texture refernces to the XML.
See how Sonic's color costume references are added.
That's all.

Stage Builder was disabled.

yourface191

Smash Apprentice
I JUST WANNA SAY I LOVE THIS HACK!!!!......... but anyone know where i can get the melee ganondorf texture, and GOOD fox and Falco textures..... any other texture suggestions would be appreciated :)... GREAT HACK GUYS. this is gonna hold me off for awhile once i get all the music/textures up

Seikishidan Soru

Smash Journeyman
So yeah this demo is sexy and it feels like you guys injected a drug into brawl's fat self and got it supercharged to be a upcoming champ anyway thanks for the demo.
I sometimes refer to Project M as Super Smash Bros STEROIDS to get the point across. xD

Ecks

Smash Lord
I gotta say I love the new camera. When the pm team said to treat this as a new game they weren't joking.

Can't wait to see the likes of mk, ike and wolf in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom