• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
u guys are just giving the leaks more attention........just ignore them, you can't stop something thats already out there.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
universal AT's improve everyone. yeah, Fox can now RAR bair, but so can Ness and Pikachu. universal AT's add layers of depth to the game and restricting them to certain characters for the purpose of balancing is silly when we can balance in other ways without messing with the game's competitive depth.
You completely lack any insight as to game balance if you think that everyone is improved in a static fashion and you need to be kicked off the team immediately.

Also, you guys need to go on a save-face campaign if you want to stop people from thinking those leaks reflect the real project =D

Ulevo

Smash Master
You completely lack any insight as to game balance if you think that everyone is improved in a static fashion and you need to be kicked off the team immediately.
Given how rude this post is, I honestly can't tell if this is a legitimate post or if you lack any tactical humor whatsoever and I simply can't tell the difference.

As much as I'd like to give my input here and there and listen to developments, do you guys really need this thread open? It feels like you put up with a lot of unnecessary commentary for basically no reason.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Did he ever say that? No.

You accuse others of putting words in your mouth, then you run off and do the exact same thing that you're complaining about.

shanus

Smash Hero
Stop talking about leaks. They all suck.

I actually played some of r1, AKA revision 1, the oldest version of Project M inside our change tracking software, and BOY have we come a long way.
i still have the pre svn versions :)

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Random idea to make DK's recovery a wee bit better. When you diagnol up and B, he should turn his body so that he's going in an upward and diagnol direction, but not as much in both, or if he just presses ^B, then he goes more vertical, than horizontal...or does that not sound like it makes sense?

Vigilante

Smash Lord
You're telling us you want his recovery to be slightly tilted so the front of his recovery is a positioned a little higher on a Y axis?

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
You're telling us you want his recovery to be slightly tilted so the front of his recovery is a positioned a little higher on a Y axis?
I think were on the same page, think of him like a disc. He moves almost straight up. Think of that disc changing to either a 45 degree and a -45 degree angle. It could help DK's recover, but not breaking his recorvery, and players still being able to induce a spike. Maybe not the best idea, but DK players get rather frustrated at his recovery, so I'm just pitching some ideas to maybe help.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Fixing weight dependent throws, slippery slopes, AGT distance has been reduced, L cancel during hitlag, etc. Many small fixes as well.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
You should check Boss' Wario on youtube. He's the character that got changed most. The build is looking sharper. They still hav eissues with landing detection and some more balancing to do. And some characters, like Pit, haven't been completed. The clone engine hasn,t moved, but that is because Dantarion is working on other things in Project M. You could say that if they resolve the landing detection problem, they would get a huge leap. I'm not part of the team and I'm not sure how near completion they are, but I'm going to take a guess and say probably a good few months. I mean even when the alpha will be done, there's probably going to be a beta, which could later be updated.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Wut's a.. "life"? .-.
Apparently, it's that thingy where we interact with other members of our species. Heck, sometimes we even mate with some of them.

it involves leaving our natural habitat, the room where our video game consoles and computers consoles lie, and to dive into the unknown.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
I think were on the same page, think of him like a disc. He moves almost straight up. Think of that disc changing to either a 45 degree and a -45 degree angle. It could help DK's recover, but not breaking his recorvery, and players still being able to induce a spike. Maybe not the best idea, but DK players get rather frustrated at his recovery, so I'm just pitching some ideas to maybe help.
Thoughts? Sorry to quote myself, but this thread gets lots of posts fast, just wondering what you guys think. ^-^

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Apparently, it's that thingy where we interact with other members of our species. Heck, sometimes we even mate with some of them.

it involves leaving our natural habitat, the room where our video game consoles and computers consoles lie, and to dive into the unknown.
Oh ****...
that's scary D: -clings to my controller-

inb4peoplethinkingimsrs

I think the DK thing could work, but he might not even need it. It's ultimately up to the devs.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Oh ****...
that's scary D: -clings to my controller-

inb4peoplethinkingimsrs

I think the DK thing could work, but he might not even need it. It's ultimately up to the devs.
"Hasnt seen anything on DK"
We don't even know for sure what they might be doing, so they might have already tweaked it. =p

Locke3

Smash Rookie
So how are they doing this? Are they working on it character by character, or what?
From what I've seen so far, it looks like they have just been bringing characters up to their P:M standards, and then moving on to the next, and then they're going to refine everything later.
Basically, what I'm wondering is if they've done something with all the characters so far, or just half the cast or so?

kaizo13

Smash Champion
has DI during non-tumble been fixed? and if not, how possible is it looking?

*hyped for this weekend 4 some reason

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Melee veterans have had the most work on them. You can expect Melee top and high tier characters to be the most complete while anyone else below has had either moderate to little progress (Link and Game&Watch being examples of very well-progressed and now viable characters). The well-progressed Brawl newcomers include Lucas, Snake, Ike, and I believe Wario. They're quite nice additions under P:M's engine.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
So how are they doing this? Are they working on it character by character, or what?
From what I've seen so far, it looks like they have just been bringing characters up to their P:M standards, and then moving on to the next, and then they're going to refine everything later.
Basically, what I'm wondering is if they've done something with all the characters so far, or just half the cast or so?
A lot of chars have been worked on but no one is finished afaik. I'd say Ivysaur, Olimar, Squirtle, King DDD, Ness, and (kinda) ROB have received the least amount of work.

Hopefully, once throws are fixed and some aspects are tweaked (like Fox/Falco's recoveries) there will be some more dojo posts.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
The best way's to go on Youtube and search "Project M Brawl" to avoid getting Metroid other M videos and setting search options to most recent. My Youtube's in French, so I can't tell you the exact terms.

Just avoid the videos from that Ken-something guy. He sucks and is using a very old build.

NxtGenFalco93

Smash Apprentice
A lot of chars have been worked on but no one is finished afaik. I'd say Ivysaur, Olimar, Squirtle, King DDD, Ness, and (kinda) ROB have received the least amount of work.

Hopefully, once throws are fixed and some aspects are tweaked (like Fox/Falco's recoveries) there will be some more dojo posts.
you forgot pit, he hasnt recieved alot of attention... but i think ROB has seen a decent amout, but he could still be changed alot

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Commonly known as "stocks". We play the game with 4 of them per match.
Ooooh I c wut you did thar.
Brilliant. 10/10.
I'll brb. I'm about to 4 life my brother's Marth <_<

Ivy hasn't recieved a lot of attention either. Or ICs. Or Oli.
I think the others have all had stuff done to them.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Ice Climbers will be the last Melee character to be worked on because in addition to their physics, they have to deal with (or work around) their AI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom