• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oshtoby

Smash Apprentice
Burholme, Philadelphia, PA, USA, North America, Ea
off-topic,

but who do you want the most ?
Yoshi Story, Melee Fox or Pichu ?

i m working on them all of course !
GameWatching, "Yoshi's Story" is a stage that so many people want back in Brawl. Please release it, or even just give us a few updates. I haven't heard word one about it in weeks, and it's my most anticipated thing on this site. I'm all about retro stages.

In my opinion, you should put all other projects aside, and work on one thing for a bit. Working on too many things at once usually makes none of those things get done.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Wavedashing, airdashing, and triangle jumping would actually be more comparable to melee wavedashing or GT/AGT, not L canceling.
Movement techniques serve a definite purpose, and there are situations where you would not want to perform them, instead opting for another form of movement. There is very little reason to not L cancel when playing at a high level, aside from some very limited mix-up potential. That form of a cancel doesn't exist in most other fighters, since lag is auto canceled upon landing.

Not trying to start up a debate, by the way. Just saying you might want to use a different analogy next time. That one actually kind of hurts your argument.
It doesn't hurt the arguement at all. I wasn't comparing what they do and either way you look at it, its all about execution. You mess up you execution and you get punished. There are many times especially as a spacie player where you miss an L cancel and it would be your stock. You take out L cancelling and say hello to a billion near perfect foxes never getting shield grabbed ever.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
It doesn't hurt the arguement at all. I wasn't comparing what they do and either way you look at it, its all about execution. You mess up you execution and you get punished. There are many times especially as a spacie player where you miss an L cancel and it would be your stock. You take out L cancelling and say hello to a billion near perfect foxes never getting shield grabbed ever.
this. one of the reason why spacies aren't stupidly homo (imo) is because they actually take a lot of practice and skill to master. not anyone can use them. if L-cancelling is gone, EVERYONE will be able to use them and win. why the hell should we make the best characters easier to use? the best chars should be the hardest to use. this isn't bwarl where you can pick up top tier and practice 5 minutes to suddenly be a threat.

ICHIGOBLEACH

Smash Apprentice
this. one of the reason why spacies aren't stupidly homo (imo) is because they actually take a lot of practice and skill to master. not anyone can use them. if L-cancelling is gone, EVERYONE will be able to use them and win. why the hell should we make the best characters easier to use? the best chars should be the hardest to use. this isn't bwarl where you can pick up top tier and practice 5 minutes to suddenly be a threat.
if you think l canceling is the only thing that makes spacies hard to use then you're a total idiot
have you ever played melee before?

Revven

FrankerZ
No, if there was the topic title would have changed and this thread would have gone up 100+ pages more with complaints about stupid **** and arguments left and right (yes that's what I predict will happen when we actually DO have it released).

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
if you think l canceling is the only thing that makes spacies hard to use then you're a total idiot
Insulting people makes it very hard to take you seriously.

Courtesy = Respect. =]

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Hmm... not to sound impatient or angry but my prior question wasn't addressed so I'll post it again.

I don't mean to bug you guys but do you know when the next character dojo (or possibly stage dojo) will be?

Are any top/high tiers such as Fox, Falcon, or Marth finished yet? Or is it just Falco and Lucas?

ICHIGOBLEACH

Smash Apprentice
Insulting people makes it very hard to take you seriously.

Courtesy = Respect. =]
here's the g-rated one for you: if you think l canceling is the only thing that makes spacies hard to use then you're wrong
glad i could help you:):):)

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
you can stfu son. obviously i know there's more to it. however, consistently L-cancelling adds to the technical demand required to use spacies.
go troll someone else. i'm not interested in your stupidity.

ICHIGOBLEACH

Smash Apprentice
you can stfu son. obviously i know there's more to it. however, consistently L-cancelling adds to the technical demand required to use spacies.
go troll someone else. i'm not interested in your stupidity.
i'm not trolling you
what you said wrong, at least in the way you phrased it. it made you seem like you don't know what you're talking about.
also consistent l-canceliing is part of everyone's game
so don't tell me to stfu

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Hmm... not to sound impatient or angry but my prior question wasn't addressed so I'll post it again.
If any big breakthroughs are made with characters, we'll probably say something, which will result in 50 pages of pointless discussion and arguments about it.

Dojo updates are coming, but we're all busy.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
here's the g-rated one for you: if you think l canceling is the only thing that makes spacies hard to use then you're wrong
glad i could help you:):):)
Well there you go. See? Direct, and non-condescending. Now, is it relevant to Project M? Debatable.

And Sora, you should relax a little too. Remember, we're here to hype and discuss a project, not argue about each other's skill.

I agree with Marf. I would think Snake is almost complete, right? Even if the exact stats and moveset aren't set in stone, you could make a 'Dojo' post about a couple new techs/strats/combos that are sure to stay around, and update about him later when more things are confirmed. It would bring more attention to Sneak's sick videos. =P

shanus

Smash Hero
we have a lot of characters we have that are very well progressed. however, we dont have a lot of time. We'll try and get you more reading related content instead of all those sexy vids JCz uploaded.

ICHIGOBLEACH

Smash Apprentice
Well there you go. See? Direct, and non-condescending. Now, is it relevant to Project M? Debatable.
talking to me as if i'm a little kid is extremely condescending, think about it
question: how's young toon link coming along? can we expect vids of him soon?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
we have a lot of characters we have that are very well progressed. however, we dont have a lot of time. We'll try and get you more reading related content instead of all those sexy vids JCz uploaded.
*currently uploading more :bee:

I R MarF

Smash Ace
If any big breakthroughs are made with characters, we'll probably say something, which will result in 50 pages of pointless discussion and arguments about it.

Dojo updates are coming, but we're all busy.
Thank you for answering.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
i'm not trolling you
what you said wrong, at least in the way you phrased it. it made you seem like you don't know what you're talking about.
also consistent l-canceliing is part of everyone's game
so don't tell me to stfu
i can tell you to stfu if i want. don't call me an idiot or act like i'm just some random *** wifi scrub. did i once say in that post "OMG L CANCELLING IS THE ONLY THING FOKX MUST KNO SO DUN GET RID OF IT" i said we shouldn't make them easier to use and SHFFL'ing with fox is takes more skill because of his jump speed and fast fall speed which goes without saying obviously. lrn2readingcomprehension. i don't need to rephrase it for idiots who take it out of context and attack every little thing they see.

And Sora, you should relax a little too. Remember, we're here to hype and discuss a project, not argue about each other's skill.
idc. don't start **** and there won't be ****. simple as that. i never said anything about his skill and i wasn't arguing until he had to start calling names like an 11 year old. then suddenly i'm in the wrong for defending myself? nice. also, i'm only reading this topic because i have nothing else to do. no one's hyping the **** project and everyone's just arguing over ******** **** like how L cancelling is arbitrary and pointless and how AGT is OMGSOSTUPID even though it's been in project for the past what 9 or so months now? why not say something about it earlier? and *****ing about a freikin tech that's been in since 64 just bcuz you think it's pointless (AKA you suck at it) is not very constructive and is NOT hype'ing this project.

w/e i'm out. i'm sure you'll live without me for a few days. troll gets what he wants and i'm not insulting people who insulted me first. everyone's happy.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Wow dude, like every regular in this thread has a problem with taking things waaaaaaaaaay too personally...chill out, it's just the internet.

ICHIGOBLEACH

Smash Apprentice
ok i win i guess
chillax its teh internet
don't worry we'll live without you

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
It's Powerglove yo. You don't even have to look it up. It says it at the beginning of the video, like it does in EVERY MATCH I UPLOAD.

G

genkaku

Accidental leak is impossible/extremely impractical because of how Dantarion has access set up. Well, one with access to updates, anyway.
I know because I'm awesome.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Random thought here, but is it possible to add a "Knee Counter" that displays next to your percentage when playing as captain falcon? It would enhance some of the game's depth and elaborate on Falcon's meta game, IMO.

/tenobviouslyjokingandpointlesspost

Blitzkrieg98

Smash Apprentice
In one of the videos, would it be right to assume that one of the stages -the Metal Mario 64 stage to be exact- replaces Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1?

It's a shame, because I made these for replacements, if wanted:

They work wonders, but requires a Final Destination rel as a straight replacement doesn't do the camera any favors.

The only differences between the two are the animation paths of the sideways lifts (Simply the reverse of one going up at the beginning and the other going down at the beginning) and cosmetics.

Any critique anyways?

EDIT: Ignore "Nothing Here" and "Useless :3" in the pictures. I grow bored of having a model simply named "Static". Also, I haven't put them up for download yet; you'd need to PM me for them as I'm not yet ready to put them up on KC:MM or something, for lack of up-to-date gameplay pics.

UltyBomber77

Smash Cadet
In one of the videos, would it be right to assume that one of the stages -the Metal Mario 64 stage to be exact- replaces Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1?

It's a shame, because I made these for replacements, if wanted:
Metal Mario 64 replaces Port Town Aero Dive iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom