• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Except for when I fought Eli, cmart, ryoko and chillin, nobody knows wtf to do lol. Easy $.

Sigh
Aren't you forgetting M2K on that list? :p

Just play Falcon and dash dance camp. You even get free grabs, reaction-based techchases, and random knees at 60% from it.
Got totally ninja'd by Scarr. :facepalm:

Kink-Link: master of segueing ANYTHING into his weird obsessive hate of a video game character
+1

Just play Fox, he can do anything and you never have to ban a stage.
FD against Marth other Foxes.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
@bubba because my brother who lives in a psychiatric center upstate wants to borrow it. i want to buy a ps3 or something else to give it to him but if i cant rip project m for me

Rikana

Smash Champion
@bubba because my brother who lives in a psychiatric center upstate wants to borrow it. i want to buy a ps3 or something else to give it to him but if i cant rip project m for me
Isn't a brand new Wii a lot less than a brand new ps3? Even a second hand wii will be significantly cheaper.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
I'm definitely willing to use Ganon against any Lucarios that want to test that theory
Yeah, but who plays Lucario in NY? I think I was the only 'true' Lucario on LI (and I'm gone now). :p

Isn't a brand new Wii a lot less than a brand new ps3? Even a second hand wii will be significantly cheaper.
Isn't a brand new WiiU less than a brand new PS3? Not that you'd want it, just speculating.....

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
Isn't a brand new WiiU less than a brand new PS3? Not that you'd want it, just speculating.....
On Black Friday I bought a 250GB PS3 with Uncharted 1/2 and Infamous 1/ collections for $200 so no, not really.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
That was Black Friday, though, and the WiiU is new so it obviously wouldn't get a sale discount when it was already selling out even with its full price.

Also, why'd you say "Infamous 1/"? Did you get Infamous 2? That was most definitely the better of the two games, a true successor in every way. I hope Project M turns out to be like that. :awesome:

NNID
dansalvato
inb4 >okay with brawl
A quick word, aimed at no one specifically. It bothers me heavily when I see Project M players openly trashing Brawl. Not only does it alienate an audience of Brawl players because they feel disrespected, but it's outright unprofessional and offensive to players who play Brawl competitively.

It's okay to not like a game, but if you have the inclination to give hateful or disrespectful remarks then please keep to yourself.

edit: To clarify, it's OKAY to joke about games once in a while. This goes for Brawl and Melee. Jokes are funny. But if you're outright putting someone down for playing Brawl then that's where the line is crossed. Please don't alienate players, especially when they show interest in getting along with the rest of the community.

NNID
dansalvato
I don't frequent the boards/chat often enough to know specifically who is repeatedly responsible, but if you are one of those people then I encourage you to think twice.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
I find all Smash games to be fun simply because they all have such a common theme in their control schemes and how they are played. The very shared goal of knocking opponents out of boundaries instead of draining a "life bar" makes them like a 'glorified fighting sport' instead of just an average FG.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Yea. Ever since certain things happened I felt the need to be far less helpful. I don't really feel like being bitter is really my fault. Like imagine if you offer a helping hand to someone and they spit in your face. Pretty much sums up my thoughts.

But anyways...
I'm still on the fence about attending tournaments in the future, but I certainly want my vengeance vs M2K so I won't rest until I get it.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Yea. Ever since certain things happened I felt the need to be far less helpful. I don't really feel like being bitter is really my fault. Like imagine if you offer a helping hand to someone and they spit in your face. Pretty much sums up my thoughts.

But anyways...
I'm still on the fence about attending tournaments in the future, but I certainly want my vengeance vs M2K so I won't rest until I get it.
Project M makes up for my salt.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
On the subject of Blast Attack. It does attack much faster than Homing Attack, IASA is also available earlier.

When you first see it, it doesn't seem to be exactly useful. But as you start exploring it, you seem multiple situations were it can be used in battle, sometimes to extend a combo for 1 or more hits, sometimes as a surprise attack, pick up a failed tech, it has many little uses.

Depending on the opponents's DI, it can even combo into itself in air, much like how homing attack functions on sonic's games.

Due to being extremely fast, it can also hit people before a certain counter attack hits you. It's still punishable though. It can't home, so, to use it properly, you have to also remember that it can be reversed like other neutral Bs, and aim well.

It's a function that's worth exploring, be sure to get to the lab once the new version is released to see how that option fits on your playstyle.

Rikana

Smash Champion
That was Black Friday, though, and the WiiU is new so it obviously wouldn't get a sale discount when it was already selling out even with its full price.[/SIZE]
I just bought 2 Wii U's (basic model) for $225 each brand new from Future Shop. I had to do some price matching though. Gonna be reselling them. :D

But anyways...
Still waiting for those off-screen videos.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
They were taken on D1's phone
You're welcome to ask him for the vids

Guaranteed if it had been metroid's Ike or Prof's Snake they would've beaten him. I just suck vs Fox right now.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
That was Black Friday, though, and the WiiU is new so it obviously wouldn't get a sale discount when it was already selling out even with its full price.

Also, why'd you say "Infamous 1/"? Did you get Infamous 2? That was most definitely the better of the two games, a true successor in every way. I hope Project M turns out to be like that. :awesome:
Yeah it was Infamous 1/2, my bad.

So... PMBR's nerfing Sonic's rolling just like in his recent games huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom