• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Bazkip

Smash Master
Mfw get top 3 for the first time
Mfw 2nd ranked player in Quebec almost throws LFs against me

I'd like to thank Bazkip Bazkip and my 2-week old fox for making this possible
Congrats you can press left and right on the control stick and there's nothing my character can do about it

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Congrats you can press left and right on the control stick and there's nothing my character can do about it
you could try being better than terrible
maybe kage doesn't beat ALL foxes in melee, but he certainly beats the huge majority of them with a much worse version of your character, if you can't beat his 2 week old character the issue certainly isn't ganon or fox

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Fox is broken his boots are made of metal making all of his attacks super effective against rock types.

Bazkip

Smash Master
you could try being better than terrible
maybe kage doesn't beat ALL foxes in melee, but he certainly beats the huge majority of them with a much worse version of your character, if you can't beat his 2 week old character the issue certainly isn't ganon or fox
I rarely ever see Foxes play passively against Kage. They always go aggro which gives Ganon a chance. Kage wouldn't win **** if people just played patiently against him, but almost nobody is willing to do that.

Also yes, I do absolutely suck but come on man why you gotta be like that.
Do people actually think I'm serious when I entirely blame my losses on Ganon.
That's just salt talking and banter between friends.
DF pls

Last edited:

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Discord sucks. When I want to find information about Smash, isn't Smashboards the place to do it?

Discord is too "live." I want archives of information that I can go back and reference later. I hate scrolling for information that might not even exist because it's in a chat format.

Please PM people, come back to Smashboards :(

This comment brought to you by the fact that every character board is dead.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
well, i am.

or am i...
Discord sucks. When I want to find information about Smash, isn't Smashboards the place to do it?

Discord is too "live." I want archives of information that I can go back and reference later. I hate scrolling for information that might not even exist because it's in a chat format.

this is some real talk.

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings

If i remember correctly, @Shockbound does this on the GAW Discord. He has an entire channel on the techs he finds and is locked in to what i believe, so that means no one can add posts but him.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I rarely ever see Foxes play passively against Kage. They always go aggro which gives Ganon a chance. Kage wouldn't win **** if people just played patiently against him, but almost nobody is willing to do that.

DF pls
The only difference is really that I suck so much I have to DD for 2 mins until I spot an opportunity, but more experienced players can spot openings much earlier. Watch any set of Kage vs A fox, and you'll see the fox DD a bit, bait something out of Kage and run in preemptively to punish it. They play a lot closer than I did which allows you to get those tight punishes, but since I suck I have to DD halfway across the stage and wait for you to dash attack my shield or throw out a bad aerial then I run in, uthrow uair and make you feel bad for playing a low tier.

I'd probably get a hella lot more mileage if I played more "in your face". What you take as "aggro" is just really being a lot better at neutral than either of us lmfao

EDIT: Try to look at this set

Last edited:

Life

Smash Hero
I do think chat rooms make a terrible place for long-term information storage, which is why I tell people to post important stuff on Smashboards.

That said, people pay much closer attention to Discord and similar conversations, so if you need a question answered quickly it's faster to check it out there.

I haven't labbed stuff in a while, but when I did I kept stuff in a sticky note. I usually didn't feel like it was worth posting on Smashboards unless it was very good, highly applicable info. (I look up to Kadano.)

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
DF pls
If you're just ****ing around then it's cool but there's absolutely no way for me to infer tone across the internet and I don't know you particularly well to assume anything like that either so
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But people do seriously make statements like that and I'm not particularly fond of lazy johns

BobBulb

Smash Rookie
NNID
BobBulb
3DS FC
0576-3715-3352
Switch FC
5166-1806-3604
Ah well I'll take that into consideration for the end card. The end card is a video in itself and I only put on top the last video so there is that.

But other than that, yeah I do see the Alpharad similarities, him, Little Z, Lythero, and BobBulb are big inspirations that's why I tried to not use air horns or a lot of MLG stuff and I really tried to make jokes related to the Bayonetta games so it's something more than "lol smash jokes".

I have to see where do I go from here, but I had so much fun and I'm so happy at least that you seemed to enjoy it. Thanks for the criticism.

Yes, like I said, bayo is too stornk m8. I make sure to have witch time fully charged so I have time to do that.
WHAT
My friend linked me this bc my name was in there. It's insane to think people are taking inspiration from me, as I'm really not a good player. It's crazy to be mentioned in the same sentence as Alpharad, Little Z, and Lythero.
I'll watch the video when I get home, give my opinions
-Bulb

BobBulb

Smash Rookie
NNID
BobBulb
3DS FC
0576-3715-3352
Switch FC
5166-1806-3604
Alright so better now than never. Can you guys give me some criticism on this video I made? I just finished it so I'm off to SFV. But I'll keep an eye on this thread. Yes it's cringe but I loved doing it.

I thought you did a really nice job! One suggestion would be to make sure the text is a bit easier to see, it was hard to read against the darker backgrounds. I'll be looking forward to your next video!

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
in advance, if someone tags me and posts the recent GR smash video I'm blocking you

please, I replay that moment in my head like twice a week already.

Player -0

Smash Hero
I was about to mention I now understand why you had that picture as your avatar for a while now.

It was stylized before so I didn't know what it was from.

What program did you use to do that anyway?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I saw BvS today and every time Lex was on screen, I cried out "Not muh Lex". Also Wondy looked really unstrong which brought me much sadness.

It's already over. Stop making excuses.
**** that, keep the excuses flowing.
Screw that. Settle it in the ring. Loser gets fed to Matanza. Winner gets fed to Matanza last.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Anyone know why I might be having this problem? I have tried searching online but have not found anyone that has this same issue. This is obviously only an aesthetic annoyance but I have no idea why this is happening.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Anyone know why I might be having this problem? I have tried searching online but have not found anyone that has this same issue. This is obviously only an aesthetic annoyance but I have no idea why this is happening.
It's over already, stop making excuses and git gud.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Day 682: Still no sight of -what- exactly wavedash games plans to do

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I don't get apache ant. I just wanted to use this thing to make my life easier with tiled map editor and now I have to do and learn all these THINGS. It is installed I guess, but I don't know how to go about actually using it. There is lots of information about creating your own build.xml, but I just want what these people have already made and hopefully I can just do it all from eclipse.

Also "#1 platform fighter channel" lmao

Is miitomo in us now?

CORY

wut
BRoomer

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
"We're currently developing the 17th competition-driven platform fighter destined for failure due to the lack of focus on fundamentally good design outside of competitive design" probably should have been their mission statement. Only RoA seems to have been somewhat successful outside of smash, and only mildly so. Not really expecting much out of wavedash games. Just the name of the studio gives a pretty good indicator of how tunnel-visioned they could be. $50 says they introduce Melee-esque airdodges into their game strictly because they feel wavedashes are "necessary" rather than considering alternatives like reworking the dash/run/shield and platform-mounting mechanics

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Well, it is a glitch and sakurai didn't like it. Notice how he took it out of the rest of his games?
I can't really tell if you're serious.

"We're currently developing the 17th competition-driven platform fighter destined for failure due to the lack of focus on fundamentally good design outside of competitive design" probably should have been their mission statement. Only RoA seems to have been somewhat successful outside of smash, and only mildly so. Not really expecting much out of wavedash games. Just the name of the studio gives a pretty good indicator of how tunnel-visioned they could be. $50 says they introduce Melee-esque airdodges into their game strictly because they feel wavedashes are "necessary" rather than considering alternatives like reworking the dash/run/shield and platform-mounting mechanics
Considering that "wavedashing" is a thing in traditional fighters as well, I'd be more inclined to agree if they add L-canceling instead of just making the aerial attacks sufficiently good by default.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Lol
I can't really tell if you're serious.
Really?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Considering that "wavedashing" is a thing in traditional fighters as well, I'd be more inclined to agree if they add L-canceling instead of just making the aerial attacks sufficiently good by default.
it's not the existence of wavedashing, it's the way they'd likely force it in.

Top Bottom