• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

eideeiit

Smash Ace
I entered my first S4 weekly the day before yesterday. First match I went Villager and won game 1, was like "ez" second and 3rd games I lost to Ryu and Cloud.
Then I played Ness. Again won first game, but then lost the 2 next when the opponent remembered not to jump in literally every time.
In maylay I went Fox. I got second and almost made a 3-0 comeback against the TO-puff. I hadn't touched this character in like months, wtf.

Yesterday I played PM netplay. First My DK and Wario got rekt by this Ivy, but at least I beat his falcon. Then this other guys Diddy went p even with my Samus. Then he went Bowser and after a few games started 3- and 4-stocking me. The salt was real.

I don't really know why I play anymore. Did I ever? It feels good to win and have fun, but having a goal is something I just can't seem to pull off, or at least working towards one. And just thinking about a goal is meaningless if you do nothing for it. This kind of has a small connection with what I want to ask of you all:

How do you have fun?

Is it just something that happens and then you find it fun, or are there things you do to make a thing fun for you? Can you choose to have fun, or is it just about putting yourself in a spot where having fun is likely to happen? What even is having fun? I guess these are really grey and person dependent questions, but idk.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Im a tr4sh player that has fun against every type of cancer that game offers, I really wish I could get salty or emotional, I barely hae any motivation to win/improve

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Im a tr4sh player that has fun against every type of cancer that game offers, I really wish I could get salty or emotional, I barely hae any motivation to win/improve
That's is a horrible way to lose. I'm sorry. Although that's what you get for choosing Diddy.
Edit: Okay but you redeemed yourself with this set

Last edited:

Nixie

Smash Journeyman
>People taking me seriously are fun to mess around with!
is the same thing as
>Ha, jokes on them, I was only pretending to be ********!
well yes, deceptive naivety and being disingenuous are things

there is even an idiomatic term for it known as "playing dumb"

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I like smash 4
gross
I entered my first S4 weekly the day before yesterday. First match I went Villager and won game 1, was like "ez" second and 3rd games I lost to Ryu and Cloud.
Then I played Ness. Again won first game, but then lost the 2 next when the opponent remembered not to jump in literally every time.
In maylay I went Fox. I got second and almost made a 3-0 comeback against the TO-puff. I hadn't touched this character in like months, wtf.

Yesterday I played PM netplay. First My DK and Wario got rekt by this Ivy, but at least I beat his falcon. Then this other guys Diddy went p even with my Samus. Then he went Bowser and after a few games started 3- and 4-stocking me. The salt was real.

I don't really know why I play anymore. Did I ever? It feels good to win and have fun, but having a goal is something I just can't seem to pull off, or at least working towards one. And just thinking about a goal is meaningless if you do nothing for it. This kind of has a small connection with what I want to ask of you all:

How do you have fun?

Is it just something that happens and then you find it fun, or are there things you do to make a thing fun for you? Can you choose to have fun, or is it just about putting yourself in a spot where having fun is likely to happen? What even is having fun? I guess these are really grey and person dependent questions, but idk.
in smash, it's more of a people thing. so, as long as the people i'm hanging out with are cool, i'll have fun playing the game, for the most part. when i get totally outclassed that drops off a lot, so it only goes so far, but it's a general basis for me.

i also like landing good aerial flame chokes as ganon, then getting the read after with something that's not another flame choke. that's the most fun.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Because everyone needs to see your beautiful play.

shairn shairn is your avatar purposefully jagged and blurry like that or did you just not care about cleaning it up? I'm just curious
It's a compromise between having the entire upper body, image quality and my terrible cut-out skills
Maybe I should change it

1FD

Smash Ace

How do you have fun?

That's a goddam giant bag of stuff you're opening there and I'm gonna post something in reply but donno what yet but this is the kind of stuff I talk about with locals all the time and it's the coolest
I will get back to you for this

The last few pages are hilarious too btw

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
I got a job tutoring people taking physics, calculus and digital logic and I go to work again tomorrow and I'm in full panic mode that they're going to ask a question and I don't know the answer and **** up or something AAAAAAAAAAAA

Helsong

Smash Ace
I got a job tutoring people taking physics, calculus and digital logic and I go to work again tomorrow and I'm in full panic mode that they're going to ask a question and I don't know the answer and **** up or something AAAAAAAAAAAA
Hey, don't worry too much! You got the job, which counts for your knowledge to some extent. Even if you need to turn to Google to fill a random gap in knowledge, students won't mind so much. The most important part is that you can explain it to them in a reasonable way that's easy to understand, while also demonstrating knowledge and capability. It's not always about giving the answer, most people gain more by figuring out the process, and getting the right answer that way.

And if you don't know something, it's ok to say so. Just don't beat yourself up about it.

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I'm in university (maths and physics) and my professors make mistakes all the time doing basic ****
So don't worry about ****ing up basic ****

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Going through Project X Zone 2. Was trying to figure out exactly what it is about the encounters in these games that makes me like them so much.

I now realize that it's because out of context, every awkward line in this game, intentional or not, reminds me of this thread and all of it's regulars.

Especially two people whose names start with an "S" and a "C". ¦D

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Smooth Criminal?

Also I just spent like 3h grinding my melee Fox holy **** this caffeine high

CORY

wut
BRoomer
drakargx drakargx You're not omnipotent. Don't beat yourself up for not knowing everything.
For once I don't have some snark to throw back at mech's advice.

And helsong's expansion on it is solid, too.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Looks good, but I'm not sure it'll look much different from what I have right now (ugly border aside) due to the maximum avatar size
Try it and find out, I'm pretty sure it'll look fine

Got this mock-up and it looks alright. Gotta fix a few things here and there but it looks fine
Smashboards Icon Mockup Shairn.png

Edit: Cleaned it up a bit more. I still think there's a few things I can fix, particularly the white lines around the hair, but honestly this looks a lot cleaner than your current avatar.
Edit 2: Here's the original for easier comparison
Shairn Original.png

Last edited:

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Hey, don't worry too much! You got the job, which counts for your knowledge to some extent. Even if you need to turn to Google to fill a random gap in knowledge, students won't mind so much. The most important part is that you can explain it to them in a reasonable way that's easy to understand, while also demonstrating knowledge and capability. It's not always about giving the answer, most people gain more by figuring out the process, and getting the right answer that way.

And if you don't know something, it's ok to say so. Just don't beat yourself up about it.
The hart part is explaining stuff in a reasonable way ;_;

teach me how to dougie

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
i was like 10 days behind but pms has been dead so it only took me like 40 minutes to skim through it
With SFV out and it being pretty amazing gameplay-wise, I find it hard to drudge up the will to even play friendlies for PM. It makes me sad because I've spent 2 and a half years playing PM and it just feels like wasted time with how my scene has ended up.

;-;
the spot was a little sad for me w/o you n kev :'<

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
PMS I need your help coming up with an idea for my third person game project. It needs to have some autonomous navigation system like enemies following a player, you moving with point and click, etc. It also needs to incorporate some different lighting system than just the standard world lighting. These are the only restrictions for it. Any ideas? It's due April 8

Top Bottom