• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
that guy with the cowboy bebop dvds? that's a regular guy

that guy going to a con dressed up as his favorite hentai character and buying mousepads with little **** on them? you better believe that's a ****in' weeb
That's not a weeb, that's just your average Gamergater on their way to a Trump rally.

However, the two are pretty closely related, so I don't blame you for confusing them

Last edited:

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
That's not a weeb, that's just your average Gamergater on their way to a Trump rally.

However, the two are pretty closely related, so I don't blame you for confusing them
I haven't seen many full on weebs like that who uninronically like Trump

And like, how many people actually know of GG

like actually

Lizalfos

Smash Master

I actually personally know trump supporters and they are more 40k fans and people who used to be in the Tea Party.
I've known about, and still participate to it, since it first arised in August two years ago.
No, you don't. You don't

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Kurri ★ Kurri ★ Oh yeah, who's your new avatar?

I've also pretty much finished my team but no water Pokemon for surf :C I have a Lapras but nobody comes to mind for it
Same person I've been using for months, Maki.
I haven't seen many full on weebs like that who uninronically like Trump

And like, how many people actually know of GG

like actually
I know a few.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Oh.

Her hair is really brown in that picture and eyes are brown instead of purple

Are you sureeeee?

wait how does she have purple eyes
I'm super sure.

Here's the unedited image
Her hair and eyes are brown only because of how the artist did the lighting. I think it works really well.

I hate the internet. But I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or not.
I'm not. GamerGate is dumb.[/spoiler]

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
All opinion based, my friend. What you see it as has not at all made an impact towards the big picture it attempts to reach.
You're right. GamerGate has already done everything it can to make it one of the dumbest "movements" in history. Me pointing it out won't change anything because everyone already knows.

Helsong

Smash Ace
Gamergate very quickly changed from being about any issues to being a platform for some people to spout opinions and make a name for themselves on. Whatever the original issues it was about have been blurred over, replaced largely by a bunch of people arguing under some banner or another about how the other side sucks, with zero attention paid to what the arguments themselves originally were. And there were real tangible issues being talked about, but we can't have nice things.
So it basically went the way of popular politics in the US. Man, who could've seen that coming?
I just stopped paying attention to it after that, largely because it just wasn't a productive conversation anymore. And to be honest, it's rarely talked about within my usual social circles now either, even the ones who are actually involved in some form of games media(though they did get their fair share of hatemail initially when speaking out about it, so woo?).

Last edited:

Zynux

Smash Lord

Wait what does mousepads and cosplaying hentai stuff at cons have anything to do with any of those subjects, especially considering those have been done years far before any of them showed up?

Have you made them become such a scary boogieman that you unironically equate things you dislike as being Trump or twitter dot com # hashtags even far before they even existed?

Because that is ****ing hilarious but I'm not laughing with you.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Wait what does mousepads and cosplaying hentai stuff at cons have anything to do with any of those subjects, especially considering those have been done years far before any of them showed up?

Have you made them become such a scary boogieman that you unironically equate things you dislike as being Trump or twitter dot com # hashtags even far before they even existed?

Because that is ****ing hilarious but I'm not laughing with you.
Let's play "Find the Trump Supporter"

Found one!

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
What I learned from GG
  • Identity politics are dumb
  • Generalizing groups to a single identity falls under identity politics and they're dumb
  • Deflecting an argument in one sentence is dumb, especially if the argument wasn't just one sentence
  • Jumping to conclusions is dumb
  • Getting information about a debate and not thinking of any sort of bias is dumb
  • Debates over twitter are dumb
  • Reddit, 4chan, and tumblr are all equally garbage in different ways and saying one is not as bad as the others is dumb
  • I'm probably going to leave the country if Trump is elected
Journalism seems to be ****ed, it's more profitable to just make reviews/go over news instead of critical closeups(kinda like what matthewmatosis and joseph anderson put out) which I think is very bad.

..I guess getting hatemail from disagreers is a reason not to make that type of content though

Found one!
I'm not a Trump supporter in the slightest and I still think that post was kinda dumb

Like it's honestly ripping the dead from its grave

Last edited:

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
If you think it was just that and nothing else then I don't know what to tell you

This is obviously an impasse where no one here will change their opinion

Luckily we aren't politicians so dropping the subject is a possibility

Zynux

Smash Lord

Found one!

Ahahahaha you're actually serious.

>You will never, EVER be so butthurt over a presidential candidate or a hashtag that everything you dislike about weebs get associated to them for whatever reason.

>You will never, EVER be so entrenched in your own ideology that when you get called out on false and ridiculous equivalences you jump to make blanket accusations under some boogieman label.

I have no allegiances to any candidates, but I do know that equating Trump to weebs or blaming hashtags on twitter dot com for all my woes is going full ******.

This made my day, thank you for the laughs.

Helsong

Smash Ace
OK LETS TALK ABOUT BUTTS OR DRINKING OR HOW <insert character here> IS BULL**** OR SOMETHING

CUZ THAT'LL ACTUALLY BE A MORE PRODUCTIVE CONVERSATION

Top Bottom