• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Behold the quality of my phone's frontal camera
Me, Zman and Baz

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Behold the quality of my phone's frontal camera
Me, Zman and Baz
Nerds I can dig it.

I drew my waifu in the midst of class. Love has no limits, not even in Calc
Needs more Serra.

Also I got a ps4 finally with sfv so I be messing with that soon after I'm done with fe fates.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I decided to get Pokken in the interim. Sorry bruh, but I'll be seeing you in SFV once I get a job

Smooth Criminal
Understandable I'm still deciding if I wanna grab the game or not and I'm in the boat of needing a new job as well but I have some irl family stuff going on that I have to take care of before anything else atm.

Helsong

Smash Ace
mfw phone doesn't auto shut down while in emulator and fell asleep while playing. Made conscious decision while playing to save later and phone became kill while sleep.

rip like 45 minutes of progress. I think I just remembered I fell asleep in Erika's gym.

Update though on pkmn adventure. I now have a Machop Grey Belnades Grey Belnades except it's OldManGr(a/e)y and not a fraud.

Helsong Helsong Hitmonchan or Nidorina/Nidoqueen/whatev?

I still have 3 spots on my team not including Hels. I actively try to think of people while seeing Pokemon about people so suggestions might help
Are you asking me what pokemon I want to be?
I'm way more partial to the Nido line than I am to a sweaty, muscled boxer with rippling muscles and arms that move as fast a lightning and....

Nidorina/Nidoqueen.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Are you asking me what pokemon I want to be?
I'm way more partial to the Nido line than I am to a sweaty, muscled boxer with rippling muscles and arms that move as fast a lightning and....

Nidorina/Nidoqueen.
Hitmonchan isn't really muscular .-.

I was thinking Nidoqueen would be a better roundout to my terrible lineup so cool

but before we get anywhere near there. We have to start small

this small

idk either way my lineup is still terrible. I have 0 grass or water types lol.

@PlateProp You're like level 28, 8 more to go or something iirc.

Helsong

Smash Ace
Hitmonchan isn't really muscular .-.

I was thinking Nidoqueen would be a better roundout to my terrible lineup so cool

but before we get anywhere near there. We have to start small

this small

idk either way my lineup is still terrible. I have 0 grass or water types lol.

@PlateProp You're like level 28, 8 more to go or something iirc.
Lean muscle is still muscle.

Nidoqueen is super cool. Nidoran(F) is adorable.
Maybe I should do a Emerald 386 Randomized Nuzlocke with PMS nicknames. It'd be fun.

D e l t a

That one guy who does the thing with a camera.

good morning, thread
YO I love Brasshouse!!! I actually saw them live in NYC when I went there for a week vacation with the fam. As a trumpet player, this band gets me going lol

Post the selfie we took and I'll fix your name. ;)
speaking of pictures, I should have some of you & TKM commentating along with a bunch more pics from FP. Will be up later this week once I finish editing them :)

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
mfw phone doesn't auto shut down while in emulator and fell asleep while playing. Made conscious decision while playing to save later and phone became kill while sleep.

rip like 45 minutes of progress. I think I just remembered I fell asleep in Erika's gym.

Update though on pkmn adventure. I now have a Machop Grey Belnades Grey Belnades except it's OldManGr(a/e)y and not a fraud.

Helsong Helsong Hitmonchan or Nidorina/Nidoqueen/whatev?

I still have 3 spots on my team not including Hels. I actively try to think of people while seeing Pokemon about people so suggestions might help
If he doesn't have at least Strength and Submission, then he's a jabroni anime nerd and you must abandon him at the nearest forest.

Last edited:

1FD

Smash Ace
1FD 1FD which region are you in because I feel like you're from canada somewhere
yeah BC but not really BC it's a lil complicated
I could draw you a map and it would make more sense than me explaining. I've already lived in 3 places in 2016 and soon 4 that cover more area than all of the state of Oregon but it's the same region you could say
Maybe I'll just do a map
I moved the day I posted that last thing and I should have internet for a while so that's cool
my whole region is pretty messed up logistically

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I just had the worst ****ing dry lab and it would have been easy af if only the stupid girl in our group got the right values from the table the first time.

Last edited:

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
A story from last weekend:

While we attended Frozen Phoenix, my carpool and I were supposed to stay at a motel for a pretty good rate of 65$ per night for a room for 4 people, and we had he reservation made out so the owner would know we could only arrive at 2 AM at the earliest and we could arrange late check-in. They never called us, but from past experience doing late check-in the others in my group agreed they'd probably just drop us the key somewhere.

So we get there at 2 in the morning, we're hella tired, and walk up to the front door where a sign hung: "Closed". Fair enough, as it seems the reception desk closes at 23:30, so we look around a bit to see if there's anything for us before we just decide to ring up the owner. So we wake him up, try to explain to him we had a reservation and that we had opted for late check-in, but he just tells us they're closed and hangs up. We sat there for a while, a bit dumbfounded, before ringing him again to ask him if here's nothing he can do or whatever. Hangs up on us again. We tried to talk to him a third time before deciding we'd probably better let him sleep.

Now it's half past 2 in the morning and we have no where to stay and it's pretty chilly, despite the great weather we'd had all day. No way we were going to sleep in the van, so we got one of the guys to hop on his 4G and find us another motel nearby. Thankfully, there was another about a 5min drive away. We get there, ring up the reception, and wait. A good minute or two passes without any stirring inside (there's no interphone at this one) so we get a bit nervous and a bit tired. But, lo and behold, an old indian man shows up. We explain our situation through the door, and he begrudgingly lets us in. We agreed to take his last two single rooms at 65$ each, twice the rate we expected to pay at the other place.

The next morning, we drive to the first motel t have a talk with the owner. We walk into the reception and explain our situation to the lady behind the desk, who is pretty understanding and says we wouldn't have to pay for last night, so that's nice. Then we ask if we can still get the other two nights at the pice we were offered online, and she's not sure, so she calls up the owner and brings him up to speed. Then he wanted to talk to the guy who made the reservation, who's a pretty blunt guy.

So, he hops on the phone and starts talking to the owner for a bit. In the meantime, I spot a keurig and the lady tells us the coffee is free so I pour myself one while we get this sorted. Our friend then turns to us and tells us the owner wants 80$ per night, which isn't totally unreasonable, but kinda pissed us off. I'm paraphrasing, but he basically told us that he was "doing us a favor". Our friend tells him he doesn't feel like that's doing us a favor, and that probably made the owner mad because he told us he doesn't have time to play games with us and that he's "refusing [our] business", in his own words.

We all stand there for a few seconds, even the receptionist, as we're not sure what comes after that. She hangs up the phone and apologizes to us, but we sort of laugh it off and I apologize for stealing their coffee. Not that I felt sorry - quite the opposite, in fact - but she was nice. We decided to wrap this p and go to the tourney and deal with the housing during the day.

As it turns out, through a chain of relations, a staff member housed us, so we got to save some money on that night, and he was an absolute bro. His housemate walked into the living room where we were staying and offered us tea and water. The following day, we booked a room at a youth hostel for 65$ for 4. The place was great, the receptionist was amazingly nice and helpful, and overall our experience there was a million times better than the other two places.

Long story short, don't stay in motels, find a youth hostel.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
A story from last weekend:

While we attended Frozen Phoenix, my carpool and I were supposed to stay at a motel for a pretty good rate of 65$ per night for a room for 4 people, and we had he reservation made out so the owner would know we could only arrive at 2 AM at the earliest and we could arrange late check-in. They never called us, but from past experience doing late check-in the others in my group agreed they'd probably just drop us the key somewhere.

So we get there at 2 in the morning, we're hella tired, and walk up to the front door where a sign hung: "Closed". Fair enough, as it seems the reception desk closes at 23:30, so we look around a bit to see if there's anything for us before we just decide to ring up the owner. So we wake him up, try to explain to him we had a reservation and that we had opted for late check-in, but he just tells us they're closed and hangs up. We sat there for a while, a bit dumbfounded, before ringing him again to ask him if here's nothing he can do or whatever. Hangs up on us again. We tried to talk to him a third time before deciding we'd probably better let him sleep.

Now it's half past 2 in the morning and we have no where to stay and it's pretty chilly, despite the great weather we'd had all day. No way we were going to sleep in the van, so we got one of the guys to hop on his 4G and find us another motel nearby. Thankfully, there was another about a 5min drive away. We get there, ring up the reception, and wait. A good minute or two passes without any stirring inside (there's no interphone at this one) so we get a bit nervous and a bit tired. But, lo and behold, an old indian man shows up. We explain our situation through the door, and he begrudgingly lets us in. We agreed to take his last two single rooms at 65$ each, twice the rate we expected to pay at the other place.

The next morning, we drive to the first motel t have a talk with the owner. We walk into the reception and explain our situation to the lady behind the desk, who is pretty understanding and says we wouldn't have to pay for last night, so that's nice. Then we ask if we can still get the other two nights at the pice we were offered online, and she's not sure, so she calls up the owner and brings him up to speed. Then he wanted to talk to the guy who made the reservation, who's a pretty blunt guy.

So, he hops on the phone and starts talking to the owner for a bit. In the meantime, I spot a keurig and the lady tells us the coffee is free so I pour myself one while we get this sorted. Our friend then turns to us and tells us the owner wants 80$ per night, which isn't totally unreasonable, but kinda pissed us off. I'm paraphrasing, but he basically told us that he was "doing us a favor". Our friend tells him he doesn't feel like that's doing us a favor, and that probably made the owner mad because he told us he doesn't have time to play games with us and that he's "refusing [our] business", in his own words.

We all stand there for a few seconds, even the receptionist, as we're not sure what comes after that. She hangs up the phone and apologizes to us, but we sort of laugh it off and I apologize for stealing their coffee. Not that I felt sorry - quite the opposite, in fact - but she was nice. We decided to wrap this p and go to the tourney and deal with the housing during the day.

As it turns out, through a chain of relations, a staff member housed us, so we got to save some money on that night, and he was an absolute bro. His housemate walked into the living room where we were staying and offered us tea and water. The following day, we booked a room at a youth hostel for 65$ for 4. The place was great, the receptionist was amazingly nice and helpful, and overall our experience there was a million times better than the other two places.

Long story short, don't stay in motels, find a youth hostel.
Nerd

Vashimus

Smash Master
:034::097::085::094::139::143:

Finished a Yellow Nuzlocke for the heck of it. Never really bothered with them because the rules seemed a little stupid to me, but at least I can say I completed one and feel pretty proud of it. Pikachu's so freaking frail and weak, it was gone before Misty, which really sucked. Screw the anime, box that thing and get a Jolteon, it isn't worth it.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
good evening, thread, I just got a tooth pulled out because nobody actually bothered to check for my coverage until like ten minutes to the appointment, and they were telling me I'd be covered for a root canal up until then

canada's got a lot of good things going for it right in the health care department, dentistry is not one of them. there's only one cure: annotated and explained TAS runs

and also painkillers
jesus christ so many painkillers

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
that's basically there so you're forced into using pokemon 99% of people would never use like rattata

but obviously it's just a bunch of made-up rules anyways, so if you want it to be something else then go nuts (plus, I feel like it inevitably locks you into always having to play with whatever's common instead of having a potential mixture of different pokemon)

Bazkip

Smash Master
My trip to Frozen Phoenix was also bit interesting too, was supposed to take the bus with another player, but he never showed (he forgot to bring his tickets and only realized when he was travelling to the bus terminal, rebooked for a later bus, but apparently that second one never showed up, which is...weird). After some 10 hours of travelling (driving only takes around 5.5, never busing again x_x) I finally arrived to find that I was staying with Junebug, the MI squad (Yata, Dirtboy, lain, D e l t a D e l t a and some Yoshi main) and zman804 zman804 , so that was p cool.

Last edited:

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
How did it feel knowing your Ganon would be a disappointment to Junebug-senpai

Top Bottom