• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Before I start I'm explaining my think process, I'm not trying to excuse myself , I fully appreciate the time you took to watch the video and the criticisms you made, I'm just saying these things to see what you think and how I could maybe change this thought process of mine when making videos like these in order to be more unique and be able to be myself I guess brainstorming, instead of just another copy of the formula someone like Alpharad, Little Z, StylesX2, etc, might have.

The typo was a definitive oversight, it's a bit embarrassing too since I re-watched the video like 15 times before rendering it. :chuckle:

I did use hell jokes a lot, I didn't want to resort to smash jokes most of the time, and if I keep doing more videos in this style I tried to fit in some more jokes related to the characters rather than smash alone. This is the reason why I resorted to being smug, Bayonetta is that way in her games. Plus when I see the Alpharad/LittleZ videos they aren't heavy on character jokes. So I wanted to give my videos that treatment. In this case, insult, be cocky and belittle since she's that way, however I see that there can still be space to put in some more wit in there.

About channeling Alpharad, I guess I'll learn more about being more original the more I edit and practice brainstorming for jokes. I tried to stay away from things like air horns, smoke weed, 420, black and white sad violin, etc jokes and a lot of the usual smash puns like back air jiggs jokes or saying stuff like better nerf greninja, which is used widely in the smash community, for me it's ok to use them every once in a while of course, I'm not saying I won't do them from time to time but I still want to stay away from it when it's not necessary for me to use em. That for me is what I'm reminded of when I think of Alpharad. I really don't want to copy his sort of "awkward" humor that's full of puns (that's the best was I can describe it) which is of course spectacular and very funny, and if I do one of those awkward jokes, or puns then it's just one joke per video at most. Since Alpharad does them quite a lot and I don't want to have anything close to that in order to distance myself, which is also the reason why 2:04 is there, took a slight gamble to see if it's funny ya know? I gotta see in what other ways I do this though, I'll learn as I go on making more videos I'm sure.

I can assure you no clips were staged however, when you spend a week recording you find a lot of good and bad players in FG. I still have all the replays stating where they come from (FG), all of them was for glory being for glory, I got a lot of bad players and went for it because at least these guys were playing different characters, a lot of the decent players were playing lots of Corrin and Bayonetta, and you can only do so many jokes against Bayo's or Corrin's. I also have no clue about fire emblem fates so I can't do character jokes about her. I do have to say some of the clips in there are from fights that I had a really hard time against. I tried to balance bad players with good players but I do see where you're coming from, and instead of doing a 50/50 split of good and bad players, maybe 75/25 split of good vs bad players is a better balance of clips, thankfully the DLC hype has died down a bit so maybe I'll see more variety of characters online and I won't have to resort to maybe sticking with bad players to get character variety. No johns though.

I am very grateful of these things you've pointed out. I'll definitely take them into consideration for the next video and I'll try to keep expanding the humor and try to create more of my own jokes.:denzel:
I'm gonna highly suggest that you hit up anther's ladder and reach out to more people in order to get more variety of clips with many different players with more stage variety as well. It'll help both your videos and your skills as well.

If you've got a friend, doing doubles might be a good way to get some nice clips too. Team combos can bring a lot of hype + potential for humor. for glory doubles is harder to do this with though in my experience because it's not stock.

Keep at it though. I'll be watching.
Might even be in a video possibly lol.

Off topic but that was pretty bold to go for a witch time counter on KO punch.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
you sound like a 3.0 tether main, both in content and how absolutely absurd your notion is. you're asking someone to "simply grab the ledge" against a character whose upb has huge multi-hit crouch-proof hitboxes, low landlag, long distance, and an atypically low fall speed with which to wait out ledge invincibility. that's even assuming that with correct DI, his very high aerial mobility and sideb that he doesn't just go over you to center stage and has any desire for the ledge itself. you are suggesting counterplay that works exclusively when the squirtle player sucks.
"Huge Hitboxes"

lmfao

why are you trying to cc up b when you should be grabbing ledge

"low landing lag"
see this quote :
Um, since when is 30 frames of up b landing lag "low"?
also frame data if you wanna say it's not 30 frames : http://smashboards.com/threads/squirtle-hitboxes-and-frame-data-3-6.395456/

"atypically slow falling speed"
falls about the same speed as marth , i'm pretty sure with you being such a big important smasher with all these acomplishments you can edgehog a marth. For that matter squirtle's up b is literally a slower marth up b and anyone who can edgehog a marth out of up b has no excuse as to why they cant do the same against squirtle other than being inept

"long distance": you arent wrong

"correct di and other nonsense" if a squirtle is above the stage, you know they arent gonna up b to the ledge because they'll be side bing or moving towards the stage, where up bing to ledge would be a really ballsy/******** move due to having to drop a while in special fall.

So what you should do is :
just learn the matchup
and

G R A B L E D G E
R
A
B
L
E
D
G
E

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
is this the part where I point out that I am good at a video game and as such my juvenile behavior should be tolerated
I do care much less about your opinion about the game as a result of your lack of skill, but that's neither here nor there. Umbreon received an infraction just like anyone else would have, when I saw his posts after spending over an hour on my phone writing my own. There are no conspiracy theories here, stop trolling people and there won't be an issue.

EDIT: plate, squirtle does not fall at the same speed as marth. his terminal velocity is 1.7 and Marth's is 2.2. Lmfao

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yo what the **** happened to this god damn thread? We're hating on squirtle/snake/whatever and I missed out?!?

I'm really tempted to make this thread a lot more chaotic, but I'll pass for now. You've been warned, Plate Prop.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Squirtle is almost never in a position where his only option is to sweet spot the ledge.

Saying that's all you have to do to edge guards squirtle is grab the ledge is extremely asinine

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
falls about the same speed as marth , i'm pretty sure with you being such a big important smasher with all these acomplishments you can edgehog a marth. For that matter squirtle's up b is literally a slower marth up b and anyone who can edgehog a marth out of up b has no excuse as to why they cant do the same against squirtle other than being inept
To be fair, being a slower marth up-b actually benefits squirtle in this case since it means his hitboxes stay out for longer, making the timing for grabbing edge more strict.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Yo what the **** happened to this god damn thread? We're hating on squirtle/snake/whatever and I missed out?!?

I'm really tempted to make this thread a lot more chaotic, but I'll pass for now. You've been warned, Plate Prop.
pls, you'd just walk up, say "**** you" five times, meme and ignore the kid with the legitimate question then eat some pizza

I do care much less about your opinion about the game as a result of your lack of skill, but that's neither here nor there. Umbreon received an infraction just like anyone else would have, when I saw his posts after spending over an hour on my phone writing my own. There are no conspiracy theories here, stop trolling people and there won't be an issue.

EDIT: plate, squirtle does not fall at the same speed as marth. his terminal velocity is 1.7 and Marth's is 2.2. Lmfao
you dont start at max terminal velocity when you fall lmfao

Squirtle is almost never in a position where his only option is to sweet spot the ledge.

Saying that's all you have to do to edge guards squirtle is grab the ledge is extremely asinine
if a squirtle is coming from below stage you should always grab ledge because it cuts off sweetspots, and he has 30 frames of endlag if he does land on stage.

To be fair, being a slower marth up-b actually benefits squirtle in this case since it means his hitboxes stay out for longer, making the timing for grabbing edge more strict.
ledge invincibility lasts like 5 billion hours and you can refresh
also invincible aerials from the ledge

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
if a squirtle is coming from below stage you should always grab ledge because it cuts off sweetspots, and he has 30 frames of endlag if he does land on stage.
Yeah, OK, except for the fact that he's almost never in that position ever.

It's like you quoted me, then just felt like repeating everything you've said already without understanding

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

All you've done is derail a social thread into your little ***** fest about squirtle with a bunch of salty high level players. You know what we've accomplished here? Nothing. This happens every god damn time you've involved with a conversation.

I don't care if I get a warning for making this post but all you do is start arguments while having absolutely no grounds to do so. If you're going to be a little **** stain, take it to some other thread where people actually want to negotiate your horse ****.

**** ROB

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
...I'm gonna post the new killer instinct character trailer 'cuz he looks cool

okay, right there you go. I'll, uh, go, now. pleasedon'tkillme

Kipcom

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kipcom
3DS FC
4725-7977-1418

I don't play KI but god damn this would be a good reason for me to try it out.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Yeah, OK, except for the fact that he's almost never in that position ever.

It's like you quoted me, then just felt like repeating everything you've said already without understanding
so you're saying this character is never below stage level ever
k

All you've done is derail a social thread into your little ***** fest about squirtle with a bunch of salty high level players. You know what we've accomplished here? Nothing. This happens every god damn time you've involved with a conversation.

I don't care if I get a warning for making this post but all you do is start arguments while having absolutely no grounds to do so. If you're going to be a little **** stain, take it to some other thread where people actually want to negotiate your horse ****.

**** ROB
sorry that your city gets **** on by a mid tier turtle, maybe if you guys spent less time circlejerking each other and learned mus instead this wouldnt happen ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

D

Deleted member

ok it's official he's ********, @Umbreon change my smashboards password again I have decided I didn't want to come back

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

Think I may actually give this game a try now. Got season 1 for free but never tried it.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer

**** ROB
Can we not pretend that Plate isn't the only ****head derailing this thread

Last edited:

Shellfire

Smash Apprentice
Like every other ****ing post is someone unsubtly attempting to lower the level of dialog with backhanded remarks and bull**** exaggerations while having the audacity to think they can put themselves on some kind of moral high ground. This catty bull**** is just sad, and I can't believe I'm watching a group of what are supposed to be mostly adults having a "discussion", right now.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Like every other ****ing post is someone unsubtly attempting to lower the level of dialog with backhanded remarks and bull**** exaggerations while having the audacity to think they can put themselves on some kind of moral high ground. This catty bull**** is just sad, and I can't believe I'm watching a group of what are supposed to be mostly adults having a "discussion", right now.
I'm like, 16.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
He's human too and it was hilarious.
It really wasn't though. This whole conversation started off typical and manageable, but it's quickly derailing into who can spit more derogatory comments. This thread is getting more and more awkward to read.

Last edited:

Shellfire

Smash Apprentice
You could say he is very mad, he might even make a post on Melee hell about it. It's clear that this has definitely ruined his day.

Edit to prevent a double-post: You know what? How about you guys all shut the **** up for now, sleep on it, lab for a few days, and then see how you feel about all this crap.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Anyway normally the thread isn't this tense b/c we don't talk about the game.
Talking about the game is lame. Like there are a group of kids who play Melee here and the conversation is always toxic.
saying really assholey things like "I can 4 stock you all with my Mew2" "Your Marth is the worst" "you play like a jew"
and everyone is salty and desperate.

So in FE8 I almost beat Ephraim's ch 10.
But I got greedy and threw it all away. Whhhhy.
It really wasn't though. This whole conversation started off typical and manageable, but it's quickly derailing into who can spit more derogatory comments. This thread is getting more and more awkward to read.
Well, just hopping in, I found it funny. I mostly think it is still people are getting infractions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom