• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Ningildo

Smash Journeyman
So, guys, hotel roommates having a drinkover post beast, it sucks cause I don't drink alcohol.

How's it going her- oh...

Guys, SB thinks Squirtle's design is garbo trash tier (although in his own, probably biased view) and probably called out others for no reason. Has nothing to do really with learning the mu or w/e from what I can gather, so telling him to do so just makes the flames hotter. You're all kind of stuck in your own view without really considering those of others cause you think you're right from the start.

And before you ask, yes. I know I sound like a pretenious **** right about now.

But uh, can we go back to ****posting and waifugasming and OMG calling waifus dumb? Maybe?

interpunct

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EliteInterpunct
3DS FC
3110-5751-3360
I'm gonna highly suggest that you hit up anther's ladder and reach out to more people in order to get more variety of clips with many different players with more stage variety as well. It'll help both your videos and your skills as well.

If you've got a friend, doing doubles might be a good way to get some nice clips too. Team combos can bring a lot of hype + potential for humor. for glory doubles is harder to do this with though in my experience because it's not stock.

Keep at it though. I'll be watching.
Might even be in a video possibly lol.

Off topic but that was pretty bold to go for a witch time counter on KO punch.
I'll do the Anther's Ladder thing, I did a few months ago but never went too far in it because I didn't feel like I was ready to play at a more competitive setting. I'm mostly a P:M guy and although lately I've gotten very interested in the Smash 4 scene my heart belongs to P:M. I should try it, it's true what you say, I could get way better and be able to do riskier things more often.

I had a friend over the other day but we never went online, I actually was going to include double Bayonetta footage but since we never went online that went down the drain. Once he gets his own copy I'll have someone decent to fight against too in case I grow bored of just FG, plus I will definitely check out Anther's Ladder. I do these things for fun though, I'm not particularly good nor do I really aspire to be the next ZeRo or something, I just want to take some silly clips and make a video about it, joke a bit and have fun for the most part. It would be fun to have you on a video if we fight on Anther's though lol.

Fun fact about that witch time kill, that little mac didn't know how to combo into KO punch, and I already had fought him 2 rounds before that kill happens, so I noticed he had this bad habit of running towards me as soon as he got the KO punch and shielding, then he would wait till I hit his shield and he would punish with KO punch. He never landed them but since I knew this already I just waited until he got another KO punch in that game, and waited, surely enough I reacted as he dropped shield (thank God for the slight FG lag) and the rest is history, I wanna get more things like that, I'm kinda tired of the usual back throw gimp that little macs get in every combo video so I'll for the most part add little mac kills as long as I can consider them unique.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
You jabronis should take this up in the squared circle. Best way to settle disputes.

...I'm gonna post the new killer instinct character trailer 'cuz he looks cool

okay, right there you go. I'll, uh, go, now. pleasedon'tkillme
Someone give me an XBONE. I wanna try out KI so bad but I don't want to buy a whole console just to play 1 game.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
But uh, can we go back to ****posting and waifugasming and OMG calling waifus dumb? Maybe?
I'm mostly here because I'm taking a break from FE: Fates after going an hour in a chapter and getting crit'd at the boss who had a 1% chance of getting a critical.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
Just get off the internet, go work out, drink, and do something fun that's not related to whatever you're having a silly internet argument about. Works 100% of the time. Social media is dumb yo.

I'm mostly here because I'm taking a break from FE: Fates after going an hour in and getting crit'd at the boss who had a 1% chance of getting a critical.
You were indeed playing Fire Emblem. Even through the Awaifuning, some things can't change.

Anyone know their japanese alcohol really well? I already sent a boatload of chocolates for Valentine's Day, but I figure some alcohol might be needed to wash it all down.

Last edited:

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
I'm mostly here because I'm taking a break from FE: Fates after going an hour in and getting crit'd at the boss who had a 1% chance of getting a critical.
Ahh good old xcom tier rng

Related

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
I'm mostly here because I'm taking a break from FE: Fates after going an hour in a chapter and getting crit'd at the boss who had a 1% chance of getting a critical.
How is the game anyway? You went Conquest or Birthright?

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Ewww. Why would you waste your time playing Waifu: The Game when you could be spending $9.99 on the WWE Network© and watch the upset of the century when Roman "One Vs All" Reigns defeats Brock Lesnar and Dean Ambrose to face the super sexy rebel badass that started the Attitude Era, Triple H at the grandest stage of them, Wrestlemania?

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
How is the game anyway? You went Conquest or Birthright?
I'm starting with Birthright and going into Conquest. Based on the advertising, I'm just assuming that Conquest is more fun, so I'm saving the best for last. Plus, I want to get familiar with any of the new mechanics, so I wanted to use Birthright as more of a stepping stone.

As for how I feel about it, I'm not sure. I finished Radiant Dawn for the first like a week ago, and going from that to Fates is pretty jarring. (I also haven't watched any trailers besides the first two for Fates, so if I say anything that sounds like old news... well then)

I don't want to spoil too much, but I will say this: the mechanics feel very Awakening inspired. Also the infinite uses on the weapons do get rid of a bit of the challenge, but they do attempt to balance it out by giving better weapons (ex. Steel over Iron) stat debuffs (ex. -1 defense). The debuffs haven't affected me too much, but I'm also fairly early in-game and I assume it'll matter more, especially when I get to Conquest. There are also ****tons of classes and abilities that it's hard to keep track of everything.

If I were to rank all the FE games I've played including Fates, it would probably go like this:

1. Path of Radiance
2. Rekka no Ken
3. Radiant Dawn
4. Binding Blade/Awakening
5. Fates/Sacred Stones
6. Shadow Dragon (DS remake)

This list also probably doesn't mean much since I think highly of all games in the series for the most part (I don't dislike Sacred Stones. I enjoyed it a lot), so I'm not saying Fates is bad by any means. In fact, I'm definitely liking/occasionally loving what it has to offer. But I do think that PoR was the pinnacle of FE, and I don't think that Fates will ever reach that level based on what I've seen so far. (I do think there's a bit of a gap between 3 and 4).

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
Somebody is missing a certain someone.

...seriously though, I don't know much about Japanese alcohol, but stay the hell away from the Kirin Ichiban stuff. It's gross.

Smooth Criminal
A little bit. A lot. Long distance is working out for now, I just wish Japan trips weren't so expensive. Maybe I'll compromise and meet in the middle. Hawaii is a nice place.

Kirin Ichiban I tried while I was over there, definitely not impressed. Not gross, but definitely tasted...less than meh.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Anyone know their japanese alcohol really well? I already sent a boatload of chocolates for Valentine's Day, but I figure some alcohol might be needed to wash it all down.
I wouldn't call myself an alcohol expert, but I'll try. When it comes to Japanese beer, there are three main brands: Asahi, Sapporo, and Kirin. You can't really go wrong with anything from Asahi and Sapporo is pretty good on average too. Kirin is weird because they have some good stuff and then some budweiser-tier stuff. I can't give specific beers from their brands, but just google Asahi/Sapporo and you should get some consistent results.

As for sake, they're almost always good, so you can never go wrong. There are some that are better than others, but even some of the cheaper sakes still taste decent.

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
Speaking of Fire Emblem (old cool games) I'm playing my first Final Fantasy game right now (just started).

yayyyy, break open the alcohol.

It's legal in my state as long as there's adult consent.

also going for the default names route.

Let's go Terra!

Helsong

Smash Ace
I wouldn't call myself an alcohol expert, but I'll try. When it comes to Japanese beer, there are three main brands: Asahi, Sapporo, and Kirin. You can't really go wrong with anything from Asahi and Sapporo is pretty good on average too. Kirin is weird because they have some good stuff and then some budweiser-tier stuff. I can't give specific beers from their brands, but just google Asahi/Sapporo and you should get some consistent results.

As for sake, they're almost always good, so you can never go wrong. There are some that are better than others, but even some of the cheaper sakes still taste decent.
I've heard of those, as well. I suppose I'm kind of looking for something special, though I feel a touch uncomfortable asking my family about this even if they'd know something. Probably best to not overthink it too much and just buy something generally regarded as "good".

Speaking of Fire Emblem (old cool games) I'm playing my first Final Fantasy game right now (just started).

yayyyy, break open the alcohol.

It's legal in my state as long as there's adult consent.

also going for the default names route.

Let's go Terra!

FFVI is my personal favorite FF, I liked it a lot. Other good ones are V, IX, and IV.
Terra is godlike, btw. Use her well, especially endgame.

Jonyc128

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jonnyc64
Sure am glad I took that break from Smashboards so I can talk to my girlfriend, though a bit bummed I missed all the salty action here.

Although it did make for an excellent read

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
...an easy way to remember the scope of this thread's arguments is to accidentally stumble into a section of twitter based entirely around communism getting mad at people for saying cuba was an awful place to live in

the internet is a very strange place

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I just got a random Smashboards hit up from another person from the Valley about starting a weekly/bi weekly here.

BRAWL REVIVAL HERE WE COME

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Should watch a Michigan stream sometime. There is a reason Dirtboy isn't the undisputed best in the region. Why players like eyeheartlovetap beat him pretty consistently. Because they grab the ledge and abuse the invincibility on this "unedgeguardable" character.
That's the reason? Because they edgeguard him? That's the only place dirtboy's game is lacking? Couldn't be not-perfect decision making, not-perfect punish game, or not-perfect neutral? They beat him consistently because they grab the ledge? Not by outplaying him in any other capacity? My eyes have been opened.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
you guys are all *******

im outta here forever hmu on twitter fam

Last edited by a moderator:

Kerfuffle

Smash Apprentice
DrinkingFood DrinkingFood Guess that just means Michigan is better than Strongbad and all them huh? /s

In all seriousness, complaining about Squirtle is pretty laughable. His weaknesses are incredibly exploitable and his burst movement and other annoying things everybody complains about are incredibly commital. To say he's not a smash character and be talking about it this long after you played 2 games against him, then call literally everybody making a refuting argument ********, is hilarious to a lot of people, myself included. Just kind of trying to put my thoughts about it in there. You want to see how to deal with Squirtle? Tune into GLS sometime. And maybe play more than 2 games against him.

Kerfuffle

Smash Apprentice
DrinkingFood DrinkingFood And it all starts with learning to edgeguard him. Which does, in fact, start at grabbing the ledge and limiting his options. Not saying that's all there is to it, but it actually is a major part in killing him, seeing he can recover from about any blast zone with side b and up b only.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Kerfuffle Kerfuffle I feel you have attached some kind of statement to me that I never said, such as "squirtle doesn't have exploitable weaknesses" or "squirtle is a good character" or "squirtle can't be edgeguarded" . Why are you tagging me and then posting arguments against things I never said?

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
why would i go to that big of a nerd convention.
Because once I body you, you'll have that epiphany you've been seeking and realize your life long goal: becoming an Elvis impersonator.

So show some gratitude cause I'm doing you a favor.

Top Bottom