• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

eideeiit

Smash Ace
Local monthly done.

Melee had only 10 guys, but we still did pools so that was cool. I ended in the same pool with the 2 guys I'd played friendlies with for an hour before the pools were announced, a pretty new player I gave the greatest spanking I've ever pulled off and the TO who I've gotten to know a bit these past 6 months. I was 3rd seed of the pool after one of the guys I played friendlies with and the TO.
I play to my level in pools, beating the 2 lower seeded guys and losing to the higher seeded ones. The newcomer I spanked in the Fall had settled on Sheik as his main and had improved a lot. The lower ranked friendly guy opted not to go Fox that I'd almost 4 stocked in the friendlies and went Marth against me. Like every match he went even or took a lead the first stock but then crumbled. I played both of them without a real plan, just relying on CC, patience and my superior (but still poopy lol) punish game. I 2-0ed both and felt p good.
Both of the higher seeds played Puff so I was a bit annoyed, but since I'm pretty good at the MU (I think), it was no big deal. After losing the 1st match against the friendly-Puff after having a lead until getting rested the last stock I switched off my Sheik I'd used up to this point. I went to FD with my new Falco. In the end I lost due to a missed DI on uthrow, but I'd kept it even and felt mostly in control. It gave me confidence.
Against the TO-Puff I started with Sheik but lost a close game 1. Game 2 I went FD Falco again and won and then lost game 3 with Sheik.

My first bracket opponent was this Fox main I'd lost to in the, I believe, 2 previous local monthlies. I'd known beating him was possible for me ever since my first time playing him in the regional monthly in August or something. He remembered me as "DI-guy", which was cool. Game 1 I went Falco and managed to hit my punishes. I think I 2-stocked him. I knew he liked to CP Yoshi's and Marth game 2, so I didn't ban the stage and when he went there I picked Sheik. I was a bit worried he might go Fox vs my Sheik, but since I'd taken a game off of him in that MU I knew I could handle it. He went Marth though, and I 2-stocked him. It felt so incredibly good. I just couldn't stop smiling. I felt I'd achieved something.
Next I played the friendly-Puff in Winner semis. Now my memory starts to get kinda hazy since I'd played Sheik vs Puff all day, but I win game 1 due to his SD, lose game 2 and then in game 3 on FoD airdodge off stage in a guaranteed kill ledgehog situation to lose the set.
In loser quarters I beat the TO-Puff and then in loser semis have a pretty close game 1 on FD with this Luigi main that won the one of the previous local monthlies. In game 2 on DL I get almost zero to deathed right off the bat and then SD twice to end my tournament with a 3-stock.

In the end I feel happy with my play and my mentality, after all I beat 2 players I'd never beat before in tournament and had one of my greatest Smash-highs yet. I only truly fell apart in one game and managed to make some comebacks, even if I still need to finish them. I also managed to have fun while losing and switch pretty well between Sheik and Falco midset. Also I was surprised by how well my Falco did considering it's still so new. OP character I guess. What needs work is thinking and being aware while playing. I managed to make a few reads, but still very little, mostly just throwing out stuff that I think will work and having some basic plans I didn't really alter as the sets went on (like platform camping vs the Puffs). I guess not remembering for sure which set had which event take place speaks for itself. Also my patience seems pretty good at least in the Puff MUs. Like all my Sheik games went on for at least 6 mins.

Pressing buttons is fun, not pressing buttons is fun.

Last edited:

migul

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0447-6664-6504
Local monthly done.

Melee had only 10 guys, but we still did pools so that was cool. I ended in the same pool with the 2 guys I'd played friendlies with for an hour before the pools were announced, a pretty new player I gave the greatest spanking I've ever pulled off and the TO who I've gotten to know a bit these past 6 months. I was 3rd seed of the pool after one of the guys I played friendlies with and the TO.
I play to my level in pools, beating the 2 lower seeded guys and losing to the higher seeded ones. The newcomer I spanked in the Fall had settled on Sheik as his main and had improved a lot. The lower ranked friendly guy opted not to go Fox that I'd almost 4 stocked in the friendlies and went Marth against me. Like every match he went even or took a lead the first stock but then crumbled. I played both of them without a real plan, just relying on CC, patience and my superior (but still poopy lol) punish game. I 2-0ed both and felt p good.
Both of the higher seeds played Puff so I was a bit annoyed, but since I'm pretty good at the MU (I think), it was no big deal. After losing the 1st match against the friendly-Puff after having a lead until getting rested the last stock I switched off my Sheik I'd used up to this point. I went to FD with my new Falco. In the end I lost due to a missed DI on uthrow, but I'd kept it even and felt mostly in control. It gave me confidence.
Against the TO-Puff I started with Sheik but lost a close game 1. Game 2 I went FD Falco again and won and then lost game 3 with Sheik.

My first bracket opponent was this Fox main I'd lost to in the, I believe, 2 previous local monthlies. I'd known beating him was possible for me ever since my first time playing him in the regional monthly in August or something. Game 1 I went Falco and managed to hit my punishes. I think I 2-stocked him. I knew he liked to CP Yoshi's and Marth game 2, so I didn't ban the stage and when he went there I picked Sheik. I was a bit worried he might go Fox vs my Sheik, but since I'd taken a game off of him in that MU I knew I could handle it. He went Marth though, and I 2-stocked him. It felt so incredibly good. I just couldn't stop smiling. I felt I'd achieved something.
Next I played the friendly-Puff in Winner semis. Now my memory starts to get kinda hazy since I'd played Sheik vs Puff all day, but I win game 1 due to his SD, lose game 2 and then in game 3 on FoD airdodge off stage in a guaranteed kill ledgehog situation to lose the set.
In loser quarters I beat the TO-Puff and then in loser semis have a pretty close game 1 on FD with this Luigi main that won the one of the previous local monthlies. In game 2 on DL I get almost zero to deathed right off the bat and then SD twice to end my tournament with a 3-stock.

In the end I feel happy with my play and my mentality, after all I beat 2 players I'd never beat before in tournament and had one of my greatest Smash-highs yet. I only truly fell apart in one game and managed to make some comebacks, even if I still need to finish them. I also managed to have fun while losing and switch pretty well between Sheik and Falco midset. Also I was surprised by how well my Falco did considering it's still so new. OP character I guess. What needs work is thinking and being aware while playing. I managed to make a few reads, but still very little, mostly just throwing out stuff that I think will work and having some basic plans I didn't really alter as the sets went on (like platform camping vs the Puffs). I guess not remembering for sure which set had which event take place speaks for itself. Also my patience seems pretty good at least in the Puff MUs. Like all my Sheik games went on for at least 6 mins.

Pressing buttons is fun, not pressing buttons is fun.
Rip in pieces.
Herein lies the dream of the girlfriend lyrical comment chain.
1/23/16-1/23/16
Gone, but not forgotten.

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
It's like a metaphorical bike rolling down a smooth hill, but then hitting a speed bump and then a little child, while being flung over twenty feet in the air.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I was gonna break the chain with
FLY AWAY NOW FLY AWAY NOW FLY AWAY NOW FLY AWAY NOW FLY AWAY NOW
But pikachu was way better.

I just played Blade and Soul some and I'm just here to confirm that MMOs are still bad.

Except for PS2. That one is just mediocre.

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
Last edited by a moderator:

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Jolteon Jolteon @Leafeon

I wanna love BnS but I feel like it's almost better to play the game on a controller than a keyboard. How is it for you guys?

Smooth Criminal
I haven't played it on controller so idk. *shrug* If the game's built for it though it's not necessarily bad, Leaf played XIV on a controller and that was fine.

Last edited:

Zynux

Smash Lord
Years since I followed Melty closely, but they were always the King of Poverty, holding full tournaments and friendlies in crowded hotel hallways on laptops, a mere Fire Alarm is nothing.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
hey the only reason why i'm not showing up tomorrow to actually show you people what falcon is all about is because i don't want to bike all the way to Plano

hopefully dmg does me justice
Falcon would RUN all the way to Plano. If you wanna show anyone what falcon is all about, that's the first step.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
so now that my capture card died, what do y'all recommend as far as recording and streaming in HD goes

Im thinking about trying the ElGato HD 60

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
When I say Melty Blood is poverty I never thought it was actually poverty, but I can't hate, they have pride and dedication
Free country I can hate as much as I want

Edit: oh lol you said "I can't"

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
Spiral Knights aka wait for energy so you can do more floors.

At least in Bae and Soul you have movement options.

I started like yesterday and it's interesting. Anyone wanna play? I made MaNgOaT on Gunma lol.

Bazkip

Smash Master
ill look into it, im too poor to afford anything rn
It's about the same price as the Elgato, and imo a better card made by a better company.

If you want super cheap you could always get a Dazzle/GV-USB2/similar device
Or the Roxio Gamecap, that's pretty cheap too and has component capture+pass through

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Spiral Knights is one of those games where I feel like it being an MMO makes it significantly worse

I'd probably play it constantly if it was paid title with couch/online co-op and PVP

As it is now I can't be bothered because you need incredibly high amounts of grind to get past the mid-game, grind that's there just so they can fill time and tempt you into buying your way through the game. It's probably the best example of a game that would work better if it would just drop the MMO act. When you remove that layer the game is actually fun to play

Blade and Soul is alright but I'm seriously sick of MMOs tying their good parts to the end game. Why should I have to sift through 45 levels of straight garbage to get to the good parts?

Anyways

WoW was the first MMO

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
im thinkin about getting it, but my computer is old as **** and doesnt have usb 3.0

might as well upgrade my whole computer now that i think about it rofl

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I failed the mantle of CF a bit today, but I beat Shokio Oli so suck it nerds

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Sounds like I need to try out spiral knights.
The MMO grind in that one probably isn't as bad as other games I've played.

Blade and soul looked interesting 3 years ago when it was supposed to kill Vindictus. After all that time of waiting for it I really lost a lot of interest in it.
Looking at the combat; it honestly doesn't look like it will be that fun, but that's how I felt looking at TERA's gameplay and that game surprised me quite a bit.

My bigger fear about blade and soul is that I'll like it a lot, but I know my computer is far too awful to play it.
When your game is going 12ish frames on the character creation, you know you shouldn't be playing that game.

Bleck

Smash Master
blade and soul is terrible

spiral knights is the only mmo-ish game that's ever come close to actually being good

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I main DFO and latest patch is bueno. *** blade n soul and anything else

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
Maplestory before the money hungry scheme of Potentials. Holy **** I spent so much time of my life playing that game.

Helsong

Smash Ace
Played PM again after over a month of not touching it.
Good news is, execution is still there. Then again, it's Ike and he's not that hard on the hands.
Bad news is, I apparently forgot everything about spacing, dash dancing, and footsies in general. How do I neutral this game?

Same deal with Soul Calibur V, but now I'm at that weird point where I'm actually trying to do stuff and thinking too hard. At least my brain-dead Siegfried still functions.

Top Bottom