• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Played PM again after over a month of not touching it.
Good news is, execution is still there. Then again, it's Ike and he's not that hard on the hands.
Bad news is, I apparently forgot everything about spacing, dash dancing, and footsies in general. How do I neutral this game?

Same deal with Soul Calibur V, but now I'm at that weird point where I'm actually trying to do stuff and thinking too hard. At least my brain-dead Siegfried still functions.
Dance with your movement and use yo giant sword and hit folks till you corner them then make them hate life. SCV Sieg 3B at tip, aGa and it's aG:A JF version tip range, 1k, 66K, 3k, flap jack grabs and stance mixups. Don't worry i'm in a similar boat with PM as well it takes me a good bit to get the feel back in my system before I get the groove again.

how was your time in japan, Helsong Helsong ?
^This

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
Dance with your movement and use yo giant sword and hit folks till you corner them then make them hate life. SCV Sieg 3B at tip, aGa and it's aG:A JF version tip range, 1k, 66K, 3k, flap jack grabs and stance mixups. Don't worry i'm in a similar boat with PM as well it takes me a good bit to get the feel back in my system before I get the groove again.
SIegfried is one of those characters that I just use when I need to not think about options and just space. I auto-pilot too much, but...no one in my play group gets past it most of the time, so I'm just gonna keep dishing out salt, I guess. Maybe I should bring out Mitsurugi, too, and just do the same old SC2 stuff.
Also I'm slowly teaching them about wakeup options. They've stopped blocking on wakeup every time, thankfully. The funniest thing is throw->punish wakeup block with throw->stompstompstomp. They don't like me playing Sieg anymore.

Natsu is too much fun, but she's got a lot of options to think about and I can't seem to get her neutral down. I need to sit down and actually learn her moves. So far I've just been pushing buttons and finding out what works.

how was your time in japan, Helsong Helsong ?
Overall pretty sweet. My grandma is still incredibly old and ornery, but also a blast to be around. She's still trying to get me married off and stuff, it'd be really funny if it weren't happening to me. I'm still the favorite grandchild. Literally the only one she'll drink with.
Met a really nice guy who apparently does woman cosplays for fun...and pulls it off incredibly well. We hung out a lot. He's gorgeous. We have shared interests. He's not a nerd.
He's also across an entire goddamn ocean, so:drsad:.
But yeah, Japan was more "see relatives again" than it was "see Japan again". Still, got to eat a lot of good food and generally relax, which was nice. Went shopping, got some nice clothes, a few kimonos, etc.
Arcades are really nice over there, and I played a lot of fighting games. Lots of fun, if you can handle losing every single match.

Vashimus

Smash Master
I've only really dabbled in the Soul Calibur games fooling around with friends and scrubbing it out. I didn't learn the games enough to have a dedicated main, but I remember I played Talim, Setsuka (in SC3), and Seung Mina.

None of them made it in 5 so it killed all my interest for that game, but I honestly wouldn't known what to make of it with all the criticism it got at the time.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
I mean, I'm by no means at a competitive professional level in Soul Calibur. Mostly it was me and friends throwing ourselves at each other in SC2(Talim hype) and hitting buttons and finding out what worked until we hit a ceiling, then sitting down and actually learning moves. End result being that our technical knowledge was lacking entirely, but we did odd things that threw people off. I'm also terrible at remembering actual inputs, I just think "do this move" and then my fingers move in some macabre motion that does the move.

In 5, I'm trying to learn moves properly, but I'm doing worse as a result. I think going scrub first is probably the better way for me to learn fighting games. Forget thinking about tech or hard inputs and just find what works and what moves seem to be successful before studying deep into neutral or combos or any higher level stuff.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
SIegfried is one of those characters that I just use when I need to not think about options and just space. I auto-pilot too much, but...no one in my play group gets past it most of the time, so I'm just gonna keep dishing out salt, I guess. Maybe I should bring out Mitsurugi, too, and just do the same old SC2 stuff.
Also I'm slowly teaching them about wakeup options. They've stopped blocking on wakeup every time, thankfully. The funniest thing is throw->punish wakeup block with throw->stompstompstomp. They don't like me playing Sieg anymore.

Natsu is too much fun, but she's got a lot of options to think about and I can't seem to get her neutral down. I need to sit down and actually learn her moves. So far I've just been pushing buttons and finding out what works.

Overall pretty sweet. My grandma is still incredibly old and ornery, but also a blast to be around. She's still trying to get me married off and stuff, it'd be really funny if it weren't happening to me. I'm still the favorite grandchild. Literally the only one she'll drink with.
Met a really nice guy who apparently does woman cosplays for fun...and pulls it off incredibly well. We hung out a lot. He's gorgeous. We have shared interests. He's not a nerd.
He's also across an entire goddamn ocean, so:drsad:.
But yeah, Japan was more "see relatives again" than it was "see Japan again". Still, got to eat a lot of good food and generally relax, which was nice. Went shopping, got some nice clothes, a few kimonos, etc.
Arcades are really nice over there, and I played a lot of fighting games. Lots of fun, if you can handle losing every single match.
but did you get with enough waifu hunnies for all of us like your promised?

Helsong

Smash Ace
pics please
I'm not that kind of person, sorry! You'll have to make do with your imagination and assurances from me that he had pretty hair, a cute face, and some seriously sexy legs. I didn't think I was a leg gal, but he made me re-think that stance.

Unless you want pics of Hakone and Kyoto, in which case just use Google ya dingus.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
pics please
bruh
y u got PMS STILL!?
prob maining scrubs???

Helsong Helsong tinkierinkipoo always wants pics. just do what i do, send him a pic of your finger tips really close up and say its your butt

@Saxophoneoftime y u still riolu
i will low key sell a hand full of these to you next major

its time to grow up

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
"Came to Japan for food and friends

Stayed for dat A$$" -Helsong

Player -0

Smash Hero
That reminds me. I saw stuff at places during winter break and took some pictures. If I can figure out how to get them off my phone I'll put some on here lol.

Also finished Your Lie in April.

sadface.

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
Too bad we SFW in here. The topic of butts & japan sparked a meme in my head that I'd totally do if I knew basic Photoshop.
That idea being nice butts with anime reaction images on the cheeks.
The one I'd want for myself.
I'd be down to send a booty shot to whoever could help me accomplish this goal.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
finished the HenNeko anime

go to find translated light novels

only 1 is translated out of 10 because it got licenced

licencers only released the first volume

hate life a bit more now

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
I switched over to project fi and let my grandma make a call on my phone

About like 5 minutes later(I'm on my computer with my headset on) I hear this loud beeping noise and I'm like "what the ****" I almost **** my pants

Took me a solid 10 minutes to realize that if you have gmail open with their service it tells you and makes a sound

In other news I bought a pair of IEMs and am now considering picking up a clip on mic and dropping the headset deal entirely. Massdrop has a modmic for like $35 on it but idk my friend had a bad experience when he tried a clip on

CORY

wut
BRoomer
: o just finished my vegetables for the day (on top of all the other food i'm trying to eat).

2 bell peppers and half a cucumber doesn't seem too daunting until you make it your goal to eat all of it, along with 3 servings of shepherd's pie and a cup of kale.

and 2 grilled chicken sourdough sandwiches. and a bunch of little pastries. and a cup of yogurt. and several handfuls of dark chocolate almonds. and 3 eggs with cheese.

i ****ing hope i hit my calorie count today. **** all this eating ;x

Bleck

Smash Master
someone just told me that SF4 has always had a mechanic that shows you how long your hitstun is and I'm so pissed

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i actually ****ing got hungry and finished the pastries and remembered that i also ate half a carton of strawberries. the other half is not long for this world.

and i finished that damned flareon tail, finally!

IMG_20160124_201759373[1].jpg IMG_20160124_201826476_HDR[1].jpg IMG_20160124_201852592_HDR[1].jpg

it'll probably need a bit of shaping out, mostly just thinning out the middle and end part to give it a better form. i had to cute the base i sewed all the wefts onto down a lot. like, probably close to 90% of it. and the thing is still huge af.

but i can actually move around with it, so that's good. might take out small children nearby if i turn too quickly though. it'll probably also consume small birds that get caught up in it.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Still need butt shots here.
Also SonicFox won ESL for MKX and won like 60K WTF this kid is a flipping fiend.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

i actually ****ing got hungry and finished the pastries and remembered that i also ate half a carton of strawberries. the other half is not long for this world.

and i finished that damned flareon tail, finally!

View attachment 93746 View attachment 93747 View attachment 93748

it'll probably need a bit of shaping out, mostly just thinning out the middle and end part to give it a better form. i had to cute the base i sewed all the wefts onto down a lot. like, probably close to 90% of it. and the thing is still huge af.

but i can actually move around with it, so that's good. might take out small children nearby if i turn too quickly though. it'll probably also consume small birds that get caught up in it.
the **** man u ain't cosplaying as da bes eeveelution Espeon maaaan come on bruh

CORY

wut
BRoomer
the **** man u ain't cosplaying as da bes eeveelution Espeon maaaan come on bruh
it was more of a whim. i felt like flareon wasn't done by a lot of people, i really like the design (super fluffy, etc...), and i have space in the future to expand the concept (like buy some goofy ass robe and be the false prophet, spreading the word of dome fossil).

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Man...My gal Becky was screwed from winning the championship. I got worked yo.

: o just finished my vegetables for the day (on top of all the other food i'm trying to eat).

2 bell peppers and half a cucumber doesn't seem too daunting until you make it your goal to eat all of it, along with 3 servings of shepherd's pie and a cup of kale.

and 2 grilled chicken sourdough sandwiches. and a bunch of little pastries. and a cup of yogurt. and several handfuls of dark chocolate almonds. and 3 eggs with cheese.

i ****ing hope i hit my calorie count today. **** all this eating ;x
GOTTA EAT SMALL TO GET SMALL

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
EVO'S line-up is being announced tomorrow! Can't wait to see reddit when either of the Smash games are dropped. If both are dropped it'll be even more delicious.

Top Bottom