• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
I'm really enjoying Cloud in Smash 4 and it's breaking my heart.
i feel you

until i started playing some fox for real in melee/pm i enjoyed fox in smash 4, with greninja slightly behind

since then, the only other character to ever give me that sort of feeling of "hey i wouldn't mind playing this" is cloud

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Cloud is fun because he has good frame data, feels powerful all around and is intuitive, which is quite rare for a Smash 4 character. Bonus points for having a recovery that isn't stupid. Thank God he's kept in check by having a relatively mediocre grab game, though.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Bayonetta is reeeeeeeeally tempting me to play smash4, not gonna lie. Her trailer made her look fun as all hell.

Fortunately, I don't have a wiiu, anyway, so that solves about 90% of that problem.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
>Implying there's anything wrong with lurking
There is, look at all these people you could be interacting and having fun with.

Bayonetta is reeeeeeeeally tempting me to play smash4, not gonna lie. Her trailer made her look fun as all hell.

Fortunately, I don't have a wiiu, anyway, so that solves about 90% of that problem.
Just hit up a local when they're playing Smash 4 and play some casual matches with her. No need to waste +$300 on a game you know you don't enjoy.

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
Just hit up a local when they're playing Smash 4 and play some casual matches with her. No need to waste +$300 on a game you know you don't enjoy.
this problem is also easily solved by having friends who run fests and have enough setups for everyone to play on/practice on so you never really have to solo-lab like ever

this is a little less common if you don't have mostly lab friends like i do

Jolteon Jolteon : agreed. he does have a couple followups off of i believe it's down throw? but they're not a huge deal and really most of your time is spent poking at them and limit cancelling until you can kill them dead

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
There is, look at all these people you could be interacting and having fun with.

But then I'd be impure...

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
all smash games that don't have wavedashing are inherently frustrating because I can't back up on the ground while facing the same direction

like it isn't hard to do in traditional fighting games, I just have to push back on the control stick
but this single limitation makes playing neutral in smash4/brawl just so frustrating and unintuitive

(also dashing is a giant commitment in smash4 and your momentum doesn't carry over when you do a running jump and a bunch of other things that make the game not fun. no matter how cool cloud/bayonetta looked the game just isn't fun to play)

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
all smash games that don't have wavedashing are inherently frustrating because I can't back up on the ground while facing the same direction

like it isn't hard to do in traditional fighting games, I just have to push back on the control stick
but this single limitation makes playing neutral in smash4/brawl just so frustrating and unintuitive
I know that you people think you know what the word "intuitive" means, but you don't, please stop using it

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

(also dashing is a giant commitment in smash4 and your momentum doesn't carry over when you do a running jump and a bunch of other things that make the game not fun. no matter how cool cloud/bayonetta looked the game just isn't fun to play)
Smash 4 is better because it doesn't need wave-cheating and other glitches to be good :^)

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Man why is rainbow six siege associated with ubisoft

It's such a good game, you can get really creative with kills and breaching methods creating a tense situation where the defenders attempt to defend all entrypoints but can't

The operator abilities are all very good by themselves, there's only one(doc) whose viability hinges completely on another operator(rook) being on his team. Aside from doc and probably iq they all seem competitively viable. There's only one operator who feels mandatory, everyone else is situational depending on what the opposing team's weakness is and what your team's playstyle is

And yet ubisoft's servers have been constantly ****ting on themselves since beta and the game has pretty subpar netcode, enjoy getting shot at before you can even see the enemy walk in and servers not recording stats, xp gain or progress towards unlocking a new operator ayyy lmao

CORY

wut
BRoomer
This is actually really disturbing those crickets probably flip **** the whole time.
that's where selective breeding comes in, though! you find your best performing crickets and mate them together and constantly do that until it can learn fury swipes or some ****!

Bazkip

Smash Master
Man why is rainbow six siege associated with ubisoft

It's such a good game, you can get really creative with kills and breaching methods creating a tense situation where the defenders attempt to defend all entrypoints but can't

The operator abilities are all very good by themselves, there's only one(doc) whose viability hinges completely on another operator(rook) being on his team. Aside from doc and probably iq they all seem competitively viable. There's only one operator who feels mandatory, everyone else is situational depending on what the opposing team's weakness is and what your team's playstyle is

And yet ubisoft's servers have been constantly ****ting on themselves since beta and the game has pretty subpar netcode, enjoy getting shot at before you can even see the enemy walk in and servers not recording stats, xp gain or progress towards unlocking a new operator ayyy lmao
Ubisoft is such a shame.
There's clearly lots of talent and great ideas among their developers, but the administration just seems to **** it over three quarters of the time.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
A friend of mine tried to get me into Homestuck and I was interested at first until I had to keep clicking right for years worth of content.

In the end, I made the mature decision and wrote it off like any competent human being would.

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
on the other side of the spectrum i ended up playing undertale and im scared to talk about it because the fans sperglord over it so much its just not worth it

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
on the other side of the spectrum i ended up playing undertale and im scared to talk about it because the fans sperglord over it so much its just not worth it
Every game has good places and bad places to talk about the game itself.

Why do you think we don't talk about PM in this thread

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
speaking of that, I actually really want a sort of chat to just talk about the damn game and spitball ideas and make myself less dumb about pm

the tierlist thread is the closest thing but that's unideal because well, it's the tierlist thread where no top players ever go.

basically I want a kind of running q and a chat that top players check that's open to discussion and questions idk that's probably impossible to get tbh

Lizalfos

Smash Master
That's a pretty strong word.
Which one.
Did you not like it? It wasn't amazing the whole time but the ending was good enough that it is magical whenever I think about it.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
After skipping like a billion pages homestuck is still ****
FTFY :V

speaking of that, I actually really want a sort of chat to just talk about the damn game and spitball ideas and make myself less dumb about pm

the tierlist thread is the closest thing but that's unideal because well, it's the tierlist thread where no top players ever go.

basically I want a kind of running q and a chat that top players check that's open to discussion and questions idk that's probably impossible to get tbh
I feel you'll have an easier time getting struck by lightning twice and winning the lottery

eideeiit

Smash Ace

It still has the occasional DF, Odds, Xyk, Gab, Oracle and Prof Pro (tho the last 2 mostly ****post). Maybe some others too. Yata's pretty often around the discord I think.

Bleck

Smash Master
homestuck is good

if you decide you don't like things because of other people who like it congratulations you're a dumb kid

Top Bottom