• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Mystletaynn

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mystletaynn
3DS FC
3909-8402-8213
I read your description of Skullgirls and thought that basically the same thing can be applied to Guilty Gear, except GG outclasses SG in art, animation, music, (story I'd say is 50-50 and they both outclass Blazblue), gameplay, etc.

I just feel like trying to compare those games to RoA is not even trying to compares apples and oranges, its more like apples and raspberries or something because RoA has a much different dev direction and aim for the game.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
>animu games outclassing skullgirls in animation and music
>and gameplay

really

because you can be better animated than the game that literally has a world record for frames of animation per character
also skullgirls is better balanced and has the most interesting mechanics/combo systems of literally any fighter out there right now

monstersbane

Smash Apprentice
Incoming wave of "TOO MANY ANIME SWORDSMEN!"

EDIT: maybe not, he/she actually looks pretty diferent.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I'm kind of tuning out of the direct cause I feel like its giving a bit too much information about Fates and I want to play that game raw.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
oh is it direct time

I guess I'll tune in

sigh: sometimes I wish sm4sh was a good game so I would be able to play these interesting characters but then I remember that they're wasted by being in sm4sh

Last edited:

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
Edit: Have you taken Garcinia Cambogia? What's been your experience with it?
Late response, was in San Diego visiting my homies who just got back from deployment. Anyway normally people might develop an incosistent cough for the first week or two but you notice it take effect right away. The increased speed felt on your metabolism is immediate and you won't want to defecit too low otherwise you might feel like complete ****. For the first week I was on it I dropped down from maintenance 3kcal a day to 1,300 no cardio just lifting and felt like garbage. I upped to 2k solid and still saw pleasing results. Muscular loss isn't devasting if you're consistent on the protein you're getting.

Helsong

Smash Ace
I actually really liked Bayonetta 1 and 2, so this is kinda cool. They definitely captured her personality with those animations. I don't really like Smash4, but if she plays well I might give it a shot again, at least casually with friends.

Overall though, I'm disappointed at yet another FE rep. This just feels like a general "we need to market the new FE more" rather than a proper release of a wanted character or trying to represent the Nintendo library. But I think Smash became a marketing vehicle ever since Melee, so it's whatever.

Bazkip

Smash Master
pls tell me our favourite game wasn't kill for a ****ing Mii costume

Bayonetta tho
Might actually have to start playing Smash 4
And by "Might" I mean try it out cause I'm hype for the character, and then remember after a few minutes remember that I'm playing Smash 4

zen-bz-

I'm having a main identity crisis.
NNID
Valkauv
Bayonetta looks insanely broken.
New maaaaain!
I really need to get into sm4sh again. She, along with Corrin, look amazingly complex and I love it

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Bayonetta is cool but I have a really hard time believing she was the most requested character?

I guess unless you consider horny little boys.
Sakurai said that she was top in regards to characters that are realistically applicable.

Meaning there were probably a hand full of characters that topped her, but for buisness/realistic reasons, cannot be added to smash.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
6 Fire Emblem characters, it's the Pokemon of Sm4sh. I'm mostly disappointed that it's a character from a game that isn't even released yet, I know they did that in Melee with Roy, but they already had 5 FE representatives, did they really need another?

Can't say that I'm not really disappointed in a lack of Dixie Kong in this game despite her being in Tropical Freeze, but I guess Bayonetta is kind of neat.

Bleck

Smash Master
Number One Realistic Chance in Japan, but Number Five behind Goku, Super Saiyan Goku, Super Saiyan 3 Goku, and Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
****sakes I was gonna
Meh, at least yours looks better.

Also, totally hyped for these characters. Shame Sm4sh isn't as thrilling as PM gameplay wise. It's fun enough to kill time with, though.

SunJester

Smash Ace
Straight up: Geno mii was a masterful troll. My heart jumped up when I heard Beware the Forest Mushrooms, then I just ended up laughing.

Also not upset about Bayonetta, she's awesome.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Remember when there was some concern that giving Snake a tranquilizer gun and a knife was too mature for Smash?

Ah, more innocent times.

Last edited:

Fortress

Smash Master
Who in 3rd strike has the easiest and lag-friendliest punishes?
If you call it 'lag' and not 'recovery' I'm going to DP your teeth out.

As an aside, you're approaching the game in fundamentally flawed way that a lot of newer players do. Don't approach the game understanding "okay, these are my safest things, these are what I'll always use, this is what I will always do at this range"-- stop. You're going to seriously limit your ability approaching the game on frame data alone. To punish buttons in Street Fighter (or anything in general), you need to push buttons, which in itself presents a risk. Lights, heavies, they all carry them. Yeah, you can try to punish things with a jab, but, will you? Do you have the range? Does it have the effect you want? Will a jab that only puts 60 stun on the opponent discourage them like that stand fierce that drops 200 on them? Don't think of your punishes as needing to be as safe as possible. When standing in very specific spaces on the screen relative to your opponent, you can seriously scare them into not pressing their favorite buttons.

Watch this. Yes, in its entirety. This is your homework. I'm serous, watch this. This will give you an infinitely higher understanding than the frame data or local champ's explanation ever could. I'm not joking. You will be a million-drillion miles ahead of where you were after watching and applying this lesson.

Watch it all, but what I was referring to specifically is at 12:20. Again, you'll need this all to make sense of it.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I bought bayonetta 2 on release day and I never got around to playing it.

Now I've got plenty of reasons to actually play it.

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
It's unfathomably ****ing stupid that members of the PMDT could have had their lives ruined because of an ugly ****ing Mii Costume that no one gives a flying **** about except for furries.

Top Bottom