• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
how the **** does sakurai trick me into thinking sm4sh is good every ****ing direct?

Last edited:

SunJester

Smash Ace
I really doubt PM was targeted due to the knuckles mii costume.

I'm still betting it was Konami becoming aware of PM and mounting a legal case against them.

Vashimus

Smash Master
The character I voted for made it in....I thought she was would be a bit too risqué and someone like Shovel Knight would win for sure but she actually ****ing made it in...

I really don't know whether to ****ing shout to heavens or cry right now

Last edited:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599

I'm still betting it was Konami becoming aware of PM and mounting a legal case against them.
many think it was either that or Square forcing Nintendo to take action in exchange for Cloud. But it's not my place to talk on such things so yeah.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Psuedo-Omnipotent God? That wasn't part of Subspace Emissary, but I guess DOJO did state that he has no concept of good or evil morality so he'd just go where ever.

I'm still gonna say it's cause he's black though. Why you gotta do a GnW like that Nintendo?

SunJester

Smash Ace
Konami has to protect Snake's assets for when they release Metal Gear Solid 6 : War of the Pachinko.

Only then can we truly say "PM died for THIS"

*disclaimer PM not actually dead

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I don't care about much else from the direct, but...

Elise's localization is foxtrotting whack, yo.

My purchase of Fates depends on how hard NoA beefs it with the localization, and it looks to be going in the 'really beefed it' direction.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
My purchase of Fates depends on how close to the untouchable PoR and Genealogy it can get.

Spoiler Alert: Not close enough.
Whenever me and my friend (UnderPreshr is his tag) play Genealogy, we pretend that our units are converted to a new religion every time they enter a chapel in-map.

Lex: ("Hello sir, would you like to hear of the trials and victories of Jesus Christ during his time in the United States?")
Sigurd: ("Lex? You Ok? This isn't quite normal for you...")
Lex: ("Don't worry about me brother, but please take this book...")
Sigurd: ("Lex stahp")
Lex: ("Would you like to subscribe to your local Latter Day Saints Community Newsletter?")
Sigurd: ("LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!")

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Heard decent things about Fates but one of the extremely offputting things that bothers me is there's apparently an amie thing like the one in Pokemon X/Y except with your units.

Ick.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard

On second thought, it would look really bad for Nintendo / Japanese pride if they get shown up with a full, polished character compared to a paltry mii costume. Also the competition for the Knuckles Fans™ market.
But yeah probably the latter, and even Konami wouldn't want to deal with the PR backlash of coming out against Project M.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
FE:Fates is gonna be a whole lot like Awakening, I imagine. Fun, but not really living up the unnecesary standards I've held the series to since FE7. I think the whole "choose your side" thing seems interesting enough though I wish it wasn't just "good vs. evil and you're actually always good even if you pick evil". Something closer to Peace and Tradition vs. Progress and War would be far more interesting. I'm hoping the Nohr side sells more or gets better praise compared to Hoshido, if only to send a message to IntSys that yes, people want a decently challenging FE and not something watered down which is what the Hoshido side sounds like.

The amie thing is off-putting, but whatever. It's just another way the Fire Emblem series has shifted it's primary target demographic and I'm just gonna have to deal with that. At least the changes they've made to weapons and stats and the like mean the gameplay will be interesting at first. It might even be great!

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
and his anti-aging spells, which will likely result in him outliving us all and releasing project m officially since nobody from the old PMDT would be alive

Bleck

Smash Master
I'll buy Fates just to see if FE is fully crossing over from "cool tactics games with character interactions" to "pedophile weeb ****"

and if they are it's the last one I'll buy

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I voted for Bayo and Tails and got both ._.

I cursed at my monitor at work out loud lmao.

I wish they were in a better game, but every time I see this CHARACTER I tweet sweet words of affection to Kamiya because he hasn't blocked me yet. <3

eideeiit

Smash Ace
If you call it 'lag' and not 'recovery' I'm going to DP your teeth out.

As an aside, you're approaching the game in fundamentally flawed way that a lot of newer players do. Don't approach the game understanding "okay, these are my safest things, these are what I'll always use, this is what I will always do at this range"-- stop. You're going to seriously limit your ability approaching the game on frame data alone. To punish buttons in Street Fighter (or anything in general), you need to push buttons, which in itself presents a risk. Lights, heavies, they all carry them. Yeah, you can try to punish things with a jab, but, will you? Do you have the range? Does it have the effect you want? Will a jab that only puts 60 stun on the opponent discourage them like that stand fierce that drops 200 on them? Don't think of your punishes as needing to be as safe as possible. When standing in very specific spaces on the screen relative to your opponent, you can seriously scare them into not pressing their favorite buttons.

Watch this. Yes, in its entirety. This is your homework. I'm serous, watch this. This will give you an infinitely higher understanding than the frame data or local champ's explanation ever could. I'm not joking. You will be a million-drillion miles ahead of where you were after watching and applying this lesson.

Watch it all, but what I was referring to specifically is at 12:20. Again, you'll need this all to make sense of it.
I meant literally lag cause of netplay. Thanks tho etc.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
ugh, I'm happy for him but I don't want his games to be PS exclusive :<

Last edited:
Top Bottom