• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Fortress

Smash Master
Can someone explain BP vs. PP? I don't really get it.

Also the answer is always allocate more ra- construct additional pylons.
Yeah, they don't matter.

BP is your overall skill level over time, and PP is your skill level for the individual character you're using. It'll go up and down way more than your BP will, which is why you see such crazy numbers.

But, again, don't let those be a projection of your skill, or your opponent's (or either of your lack of skill). If Bison Stand Roundhouse the Movie has taught us anything today, it's that you can fraud your way to high numbers with really cheesy things online.

One thing you'll see online players who have never played for realsies do a lot is wakeup ultra, or walk up and just press the best button that character has. People are going to do things online to you that would never work in person, and it's going to make you lose a ton of matches, trust me. Stick to playing people you know have experience with the game before you get concerned over winning in ranked, because online is garbage. Develop good habits with people who can teach you.

Last edited:

SunJester

Smash Ace
So speaking of Evangelion, its creator is co-directing/writing the new Toho Godzilla movie.

Jesus Christ. Lets see if it can be the weirdest Goji film to date.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
man I missed activism talk. oh whatever, I got words to say

I personally have a lot of **** I can sling about activist circles, but as a whole I do still think it's a good thing for society long-term. inequality is nice for the ppl way at the top of the food chain who can cash out quickly, but anyone else involved will suffer for it, it's a good thing that society is more focused on this fact, even if it sometimes comes through ignorance

feminism, especially, has a whole bunch of issues--you don't need to look all that hard to find feminists who genuinely think "cis", one of the most basic scientific terms out there, is somehow a slur made by trans ppl to mean "kill", I **** you not--but so long as ppl make sure to minimize each other's harm within it, I like to think that it'll work out

I should also note that just because something can be harmful, doesn't inherently make it shameful. I think blocking out opinions en-masse will inevitably harm those below you on the activist chain (because ppl inevitably confuse "spiteful pricks w/ bad opinions" for "ppl acknowledging a bad thing you've done" if they can't consistently compare them), but I also understand that if you're a popular twitter user and you're swarmed with large amounts of ppl hating your guts, you should be allowed to say "nah, I can't deal, **** all y'all I'm gonna go play some videogames over here"

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
Yeah, they don't matter.

BP is your overall skill level over time, and PP is your skill level for the individual character you're using. It'll go up and down way more than your BP will, which is why you see such crazy numbers.

But, again, don't let those be a projection of your skill, or your opponent's (or either of your lack of skill). If Bison Stand Roundhouse the Movie has taught us anything today, it's that you can fraud your way to high numbers with really cheesy things online.

One thing you'll see online players who have never played for realsies do a lot is wakeup ultra, or walk up and just press the best button that character has. People are going to do things online to you that would never work in person, and it's going to make you lose a ton of matches, trust me. Stick to playing people you know have experience with the game before you get concerned over winning in ranked, because online is garbage. Develop good habits with people who can teach you.
One time in endless I tried to camp a Sagat out with Dan by slowly building meter with taunts.

It was a good day.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Can someone explain BP vs. PP? I don't really get it.

Also the answer is always allocate more ra- construct additional pylons.
PP is how you preform in matches overall. BP is your proficiency with the character.

While they're not accurate representations of skill, you can generally get a feeling of what to expect when fighting someone. Someone with high BP and low PP means the person has been playing the game for a while, but has likely has serious holes in his game since he can't get consistent wins. Someone with low BP and high PP means they probably just picked up the character, but you shouldn't underestimate them.

But ultimately they don't matter.

Who wants some Low Tier Salt?

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
bunch of people talking in this thread about how sexism isn't real/a bad thing or whatever and I get a warning for saying the word testicles

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Someone bring a variety of fighting games to G3. I wanna body all of PMS like the Jackie Chan of fighting games that I am.

Just don't bring any KOF games. I'm Mexican and therefore already the victor.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Only if we get the go-ahead from the people who made it. The last thing we want is for them to get ****ed over by Konami.

I haven't heard anything from them yet, so AFAIK its not a real thing.
I really, really hope they do give people the go-ahead. I can only imagine how much vitriol and splintering would be prevented... This community could totally go without that ****.

SunJester

Smash Ace
I really, really hope they do give people the go-ahead. I can only imagine how much vitriol and splintering would be prevented... This community could totally go without that ****.
I can fully understand the frustration, especially since it (more than likely) was the intended release. However my number one priority is that the former PMDT don't get sued to the stone age. I think if we let people know that we're protecting the people who dedicated tens of thousands of hours to give us a game, they will be more understanding.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
Someone bring a variety of fighting games to G3. I wanna body all of PMS like the Jackie Chan of fighting games that I am.

Just don't bring any KOF games. I'm Mexican and therefore already the victor.
I have melty blood on my laptop come and get me

(jk I'm not going to g3 and even tho I love melty I'm trash at it because lol where do you learn melty without a scene in this day and age)

Vashimus

Smash Master
bunch of people talking in this thread about how sexism isn't real/a bad thing or whatever and I get a warning for saying the word testicles
Complete and utter lie, victim mentality at its finest. I'd love for you point where anyone actually said those exact words, but at this point, believe whatever you want Bleck.

It's amazing how much headway you would make towards improving our society if you focused on solving actual issues women face rather than whining about people saying things on the Internet you find sexist.

The US is the only developed country in the world that doesn't provide paid family leave for new mothers. Bigger fish to fry though, clearly we have to be making sure these new anime games are less lewd. Let's harass a scientist that landed a spacecraft on a comet to the point of tears because his shirt had women with bikinis on them. Oh but male tears tho. All men who disagree are sexists, and all women who disagree are clearly doing it for men's attention (actual accusation I've heard).

Nobody's debating sexism can't be harmful, but like all sides there will always be radicals, and the lengths these people have broadened the definition to fit whatever warped ideal they consider to be malevolent is a complete joke.

Player -0

Smash Hero
I'm confused?

I'm watching the first episode of Love Live! and it's.... interesting?

I found Kurri's piano person though.

Edit - I swear some parts (zoomed out motion shots) are done with a 3D program.

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I'm confused?

I'm watching the first episode of Love Live! and it's.... interesting?

I found Kurri's piano person though.

Edit - I swear some parts (zoomed out motion shots) are done with a 3D program.
Almost all full-body dance scenes are done with MMD.

Also Love Live is fun. and cute.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I can fully understand the frustration, especially since it (more than likely) was the intended release. However my number one priority is that the former PMDT don't get sued to the stone age. I think if we let people know that we're protecting the people who dedicated tens of thousands of hours to give us a game, they will be more understanding.
pmdt could be sued for 3.6 just as much as they could for 3.61. I really hope the community does move to it eventually, Pit having a working usmash is great

Also got $250 so far for my birthday, what should I blow it on pms

Helsong

Smash Ace
Is Xrd actually acceptable on PC? Is it well-optimized, bug-free, and the exact game I'd play if I went to a tournament for it where they were using console setups? Just curious.

Fortress

Smash Master
whenever acquiring xrd happens
If my credit card wasn't maxed, and my checking account wasn't at least -$70, I'd be handing copies out like candy.

Is Xrd actually acceptable on PC? Is it well-optimized, bug-free, and the exact game I'd play if I went to a tournament for it where they were using console setups? Just curious.
Yes. Runs just fine on my machine. Here's what it looks like on my end. Though, like any fighter online, get used to playing with a frame delay.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Xrd port is actually solid, definitely worth a purchase. Haven't ran into any serious bugs or issues with performance locally on a higher-end laptop.

The core experience is intact, it feels like a good port and will probably get better with future patches.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
Huh, maybe I'll get into it, then. My next paycheck, perhaps.
Wait I don't have time to learn fighting games right now Maybe later. Later being when I'm not busy with school, or a job, or family, or anything else.

Eh, I'll just play it and have fun scrubbing it up anyway. I've only played it a few times, and it was interesting, at least.

Bleck

Smash Master
Complete and utter lie, victim menta
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn

Vashimus

Smash Master
If my credit card wasn't maxed, and my checking account wasn't at least -$70, I'd be handing copies out like candy.

Yes. Runs just fine on my machine. Here's what it looks like on my end. Though, like any fighter online, get used to playing with a frame delay.

>English Pot

Fortress pls

Top Bottom