• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Fortress

Smash Master
traditional fighting games are hard af to learn lmao

I can't even block right lol
I want to preface this by saying that 2D is, fundamentally, very accessible and not as difficult to get into as people who don't play them think. Master is another thing, developing execution takes time, yes, but fundamental ability is not on its own difficult to pick up. Being in a city of all former Smashers that frown on 2D, I'd like to dispel that by saying that traditional fighters are one of the best things a competitive player can put their mind to. Hell, it'll even help your Smash game.

I can get you all of the resources you'll need to develop a very solid fundamental game.

The Fight Game Primer : A great resource that will teach you the very core of 2D fighters; Ryu vs Ryu, with later chapters getting into more advanced topics.

Beyond Technical : Great video series on introducing players to the mechanics of a 2D fighter, with demonstrations on what bare fundamentals can accomplish against a real opponent.

First Attack : A series by high-level players, for beginning players. Fundamental lessons from a professional perspective.

Street Fighter IV Handbook: Everything you need to get acclimated with the IV series' mechanics and terminology.

Footsie Handbook : Absolutely everything you need to know about the neutral game.

Domination 101 : Mentalities, attitudes, and other thoughts from Seth Killian.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
2d fighters are gross

anime fighters are acceptable

2d just too slow and lacks movement

also why the **** cant you short hop in street fighter that's the dumbest **** ever

Fortress

Smash Master
No

Edit: Since two others made snarky replies before me. Yes, people do still play PM
I'm in training mode on PM right now, have 20xx going on the other CRT, dustloop on some other tab, and am doing my Germ homework. What are you guys, doing?

2d fighters are gross

anime fighters are acceptable

2d just too slow and lacks movement

also why the **** cant you short hop in street fighter that's the dumbest **** ever

That's ignorant. You're ignorant. Fight me in Ultra and I'll show you some movement. And you can't manipulate your normal jump so that you actually think about your inputs instead of rolling your face over the y-button, and think about the consequences of doing such a risky movement option, you goober.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I'm in training mode on PM right now, have 20xx going on the other CRT, dustloop on some other tab, and am doing my Germ homework. What are you guys, doing?

That's ignorant. You're ignorant. Fight me in Ultra and I'll show you some movement. And you can't manipulate your normal jump so that you actually think about your inputs instead of rolling your face over the y-button, and think about the consequences of doing such a risky movement option, you goober.
Do you realize how dumb that sounds? "you cant jump low because jumping high makes you think about what you're doing"

ffs i'm already thinking about what i'm doing by wanting to jump low, but apparently that's face rolling

Also yeah, Street Fighter has hardly any movement. you wanna see movement, fight me in PM, I'll show you some movement

Fortress

Smash Master
Do you realize how dumb that sounds? "you cant jump low because jumping high makes you think about what you're doing"

ffs i'm already thinking about what i'm doing by wanting to jump low, but apparently that's face rolling

Also yeah, Street Fighter has hardly any movement. you wanna see movement, fight me in PM, I'll show you some movement
I'll fight you in all, I take donations.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

>Implying less movement options makes a game worse

For shame PlateProp, for shame.

This **** is scary

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Yeah I know I only post in here when it comes to my stream, I'm sorry about that. I take a long time to post things, and lately I haven't had time to do anything else besides work, and force myself to stream lol. I'm really sorry if it comes off a little buster status, but I don't know where else to advocate my shiz. If it's bothering you guys I'll stop.

Fortress

Smash Master
Oh, I should've figured you played a worthless character.

[thesoundofallofthesquirtelmainsplayingthesaddestsongforyouontheworldssmallestviolin] [/thesoundofallofthesquirtelmainsplayingthesaddestsongforyouontheworldssmallestviolin]

The joke is that there's no value in the formatting.

PlateProp PlateProp This is all in good fun, of course, but, I'm serious about giving 2D an honest try. I started as a Smasher, couldn't put a dent in 2D, then started a year after Smash and my Smash game has done nothing but improve for it. I'm serious about schooling yo in some stuff on them to change your perspective. It's really a great experience, and I encourage you to give it a chance. On my next paycheck, I can even throw a copy of Ultra your way and show you some things.

Again, not joking, I'd love for you to give it a chance.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Oh, I should've figured you played a worthless character.

[thesoundofallofthesquirtelmainsplayingthesaddestsongforyouontheworldssmallestviolin] [/thesoundofallofthesquirtelmainsplayingthesaddestsongforyouontheworldssmallestviolin]

The joke is that there's no value in the formatting.

This is all in good fun, of course, but, I'm serious about giving 2D an honest try. I started as a Smasher, couldn't put a dent in 2D, then started a year after Smash and my Smash game has done nothing but improve for it. I'm serious about schooling youi n some stuff on them to change your perspective.
you wont because I dont like SF because it lacks movement options

I owned Ultra for half a year before I finally stopped trying to like it. Maybe sf5 will be different cause Ken can run and **** but I'm not gonna get into it anytime soon cause no ps4

Anime fighters are cool, but usually cause they're much faster paced/have Tao
tao is best

if only DOA was popular
You must have some weak enemies
No, my enemies are smart enough to know that a squirtle trucking at them that fast and low is not a good thing

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
man i just poke a sword at sliding turtles and they fall over dead

i don't get the big deal
well it's a neutral state so I can do anything out of it
meaning if i hold shield i just block your poke and you done goof'd

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
You people dont even know real movement
Yeah im gonna go ahead and attempt to copy that for the future.

Partially related : Was playing PM after finals and for some reason plate and dad had came to mind so I decided to try squirtle.

How the **** can you main this character.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Yeah im gonna go ahead and attempt to copy that for the future.

Partially related : Was playing PM after finals and for some reason plate and dad had came to mind so I decided to try squirtle.

How the **** can you main this character.
step 1: tap your cstick on the bottom 45s, if you get dsmash be happy because your gcc is blessed
step 2: if you have a blessed gcc, do a turnaround then on frame 19 (biggest momentum boost) tap down 45 behind you on the control stick. if you dont have one of these controllers, it's gonna be slightly lower. To get the turbocrawl ( the reverse movement) you have to run right, turn left then when you go to input the hydrocrawl just hold it and you'll crawl backwards. The huge boost only works to the left, but you can get some decent distance going to the right except it abruptly stops

also idk, it's fun sliding around and making people salty or something, i've been playing him since he was released in 2.5 and I was just a casul 16 year old

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
step 1: tap your cstick on the bottom 45s, if you get dsmash be happy because your gcc is blessed
step 2: if you have a blessed gcc, do a turnaround then on frame 19 (biggest momentum boost) tap down 45 behind you on the control stick. if you dont have one of these controllers, it's gonna be slightly lower. To get the turbocrawl ( the reverse movement) you have to run right, turn left then when you go to input the hydrocrawl just hold it and you'll crawl backwards. The huge boost only works to the left, but you can get some decent distance going to the right except it abruptly stops

also idk, it's fun sliding around and making people salty or something, i've been playing him since he was released in 2.5 and I was just a casul 16 year old
Whatever you don't even main squirtle, anyway.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I somehow coughed so hard that I pulled a muscle in my chest and it's some god damn horrible pain

how the hell is this possible. I know my coughs sound like fifty throat cancers in a car crash but aaaaaaaaa it hurts

Bleck

Smash Master
I somehow coughed so hard that I pulled a muscle in my chest and it's some god damn horrible pain

how the hell is this possible. I know my coughs sound like fifty throat cancers in a car crash but aaaaaaaaa it hurts
if this persists see a doctor immediately, it's possible you fractured a rib

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
yeah that sounds like something my lungs would do. no surface bruising, so hopefully it's not too serious tho

ice pack is helping, but my god is it still painful
medical stuff I'm reading through said:
Try to avoid lying down or staying still for long periods. It may help to sleep more upright for the first few nights.
how tf am I supposed to sleep upright. are there people who can do that?

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I DID IT I PASSED THE SEMESTER I CAN KEEP SMASHING

HOLY **** I''M SO EMOTIONAL RIGHT NOW Q`Q

Top Bottom