• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

D

Deleted member

I just want to know if it was truly not possible to package/tidy up everything they've got done now and release a final version before ending it?

I mean I have to assume that yes, they couldn't, because otherwise they definitely would've done so. But I want to know for certain.
Since legal issues are in the way, they legally can't.

TRJV

Smash Journeyman
Now, I've never participated that much here, but I feel like I've gotten to know all of you. (If in the way my mother feels like she know the characters in her shows :/)
It's always been nice looking forward to the next release and it feels like I've been following it for much longer than a year and a half.
But now that it's over, wish you all happy smashing, and God bless, my friends.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
[/QUOTE]
A nonexplanation explanation isn't really the something I was thinking of honestly.

Unless you want us to read between the lines, which will lead to speculation and rumor.
It means Ryan Morrison spooked them that they are in trouble maybe they are or really aren't. Maybe it has to do with the TTP and the illuminati and walt disney.
I've never posted here before, but thanks to the valiant efforts of my good friend and local TO @DialNouns, I've developed a taste for wizard-stomping scrubs and I intend to keep playing well into the foreseeable future.

Bit of a weird time to get involved in the scene, but here we go - to the future!
who's your waifu
AHAHAH
that can be said of any game, more or less.

even melee is technically an unfinished game lol

keep playing 3.6 pls.
This is just Smash tradition.

We can just always use this as a rallying cry. Being disruptive is fun and cool. **** it up. Remember the PMDT!

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Samurai Jack is coming back for another season on Adult Swim! What a crazy couple of days for news.

wiztick

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xhudayoloswagx

bots are fun to mess with when you're bored

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I'm also really disappointed in all of you who dismiss smash inspired games like RoA.
You can make a massively popular new IP today. League proves this. I think RoA suffers from the pixel art and lack of backstory, but if there was an art revamp or even additional content and story added to develop the characters they could be just as iconic and interesting.

Not that many smashers know the Nintendo stuff in the game that much anyway. Its all very surface level with most people and I think it can be overcome.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
So, leaks are coming out like wildfire.

Not sure how I feel about this. Out of sheer morbid curiosity however, I'll have to try them though.

I know that may disappoint some of the PMDT, but know I do it out of respect and admiration of you work.

Last edited:

Unpluggedcontroller

Smash Rookie
Would it be plausible to have someone unaffiliated with the PMDT finish Knuckles and Lyn, so that we could make our own "golden" release?

I'd appreciate if this got answered with a straight yes or no

Exodo

Smash Ace
User was warned for this post
Someone please explain why this is happening before i....

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Or he just single-handedly buried everything in one move.

Who's right? Only time will tell.
Transparency / honesty is always right.
A PRIORI
THEY VIRTUES
COME AT ME

Nah but seriously I'd like your take on this. Buried? I'm confused.

Edit: ill defined property rights are leading to some people being mad at Wiiztec. I'd like properly defined property rights too. Not from you Rawkobo Rawkobo unless you feel like it, I just wanted to put this in here.

Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
It's a beautiful day outside.
Friendlies are being played.
Metas are booming...
On days like this,
Mods like PM;
shouldn't be burning in hell.
This is both a glorious reference and a melancholy truth (for modders/fans of any series). You sir have made a signature-worthy quote my friend.

Mansta Mansta : Likewise. Reddit is perhaps the biggest cesspool of low-brow hype-talk and pseudo intellectual discussion that people still seem to visit on a regular basis. Truly, it is the Paradise Post (my paper) of the internet.

Last edited:

Kneato

Totoro Joe
A PRIORI
THEY VIRTUES
COME AT ME

Edit: ill defined property rights are leading to some people being mad at Wiiztec. I'd like properly defined property rights too. Not from you Rawkobo Rawkobo unless you feel like it, I just wanted to put this in here.
There are videos of unfinished Sami and Issac on youtube now, and judging by the comments, they are amassing animosity towards the PMDT (people not getting that they are obviously beta and being mad that they look bad, others getting mad that they will never play a final version of them and also taking it out on PMDT etc).

If there was EVER a sliver of a hope that PMDT would eventually fix these characters or release another patch down the line or really do anything for the PM community again, this hatred is squishing it.

There is no reason to be upset at the PMDT. They obviously didn't want to stop the project the way they did. And they are now under tremendous pressure, scrutiny, and backlash from the people they have worked tirelessly for for nearly 6 years. All for free mind you.

I'm really saddened that development has ended, especially when we knew there were so many more wonderful things planned. It does hurt. But all we should be doing at this point is thanking PMDT for their hard work and dedication, being understanding of their extremely stressful current position, and hoping for more wonderful things in their next project.

Last edited:

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
A PRIORI
THEY VIRTUES
COME AT ME

Let me paint you a picture.

We currently are aware that the PMDT did not receive a C&D. But, they did get legal counsel. Based on my understanding of the situation, it makes sense for within this legal counsel to be some sort of need to cease distribution/developer support that could potentially incriminate.

That would heavily imply that the big fear lies in what was actually going on with the dev build and taking the risk to post up characters like Lyn, Knuckles, etc. There is an implication that there's someone getting pissed off that might not necessarily be Nintendo if this direction was taken.

Gearing up like this is actually the best chance they have, especially now that the safeguard, which was withholding things that could potentially blow up in their face if they were found out, has been dropped because people believe they're doing something right.

I've already said in this exact thread that I'm incredibly uncomfortable with the fact that people are going to split the community even further with this kind of approach, but the particular component of lawyering up to begin with is an indication of why nondisclosure is the case.

Exodo

Smash Ace
Give me ****ing warnings i dont care but im serious when i say you cant seriously ****ing hype a new update and decide to ****ing ditch us all for whatever reason without giving whatever you had done, you could release Project M FINAL version with everything you had done and release it.... seriously, i need that roy and new zero suit... and if i have to repost my giant post on everysingle place related to PM just to get someone explain this bull**** i will..

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
There are videos of unfinished Sami and Issac on youtube now, and judging by the comments, they are amassing animosity towards the PMDT (people not getting that they are obviously beta and being mad that they look bad, others getting mad that they will never play a final version of them and also taking it out on PMDT etc).

If there was EVER a sliver of a hope that PMDT would eventually fix these characters or release another patch down the line or really do anything for the PM community again, this hatred is squishing it.

There is no reason to be upset at the PMDT. They obviously didn't want to stop the project the way they did. And they are now under tremendous pressure, scrutiny, and backlash from the people they have worked tirelessly for for nearly 6 years. All for free mind you.

I'm really saddened that development has ended, especially when we knew there were so many more wonderful things planned. It does hurt. But all we should be doing at this point is thanking PMDT for their hard work and dedication, being understanding of their extremely stressful current position, and hoping for more wonderful things in their next project.
I should've explained what I meant by "some."

The whole situation with Wiiztec is that he's the only one being open and transparent about the whole thing (admits his knowledge is lacking since he's been kinda shunned from PMDT) and the other members of the PMDT are saying that they hate him for sharing information that they feel like is their property or their right to determine whether it can be revealed or not. Check r/newPMDT

eideeiit

Smash Ace
In the wise words of Bob Ross:

"We don't drop development.
We just have happy stable metas."

Also I've been listening to Nujabes today. It's less repetitive than I remembered.

Also I wonder if that one post by @Lunchables here about 3 weeks or something ago has any relation to the disbandment.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
DT should have told people they were getting legal counsel because of things in future builds. now they aren't allowed to say anything and people are rightfully angry because we weren't told

Top Bottom