• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Bleck

Smash Master
What does this mean for the Project M forums? They'll stick around, right?

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I'm happy because It happened. It was was easier than I thought it was, and we are still all here. The only sad thing is that people are quitting over the game being the same great thing.

I hope everyone is fine, that nobody is in real legal trouble.

nimigoha

Smash Ace
Guys this is clearly a massive prank. PM has been picked up by Nintendo, that's what the December Direct is about.

If not, warchamp running around saying "guys this isn't a C&D" is a dumb move. Complete radio silence from PMDT would have us all instantly like "Oh **** C&D okay I gotcha" but by repeatedly denying it and ceasing development when they showed off upcoming stuff 2 weeks ago... bad management.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I just happened to be listening to sad pokemon mystery dungeon music when I heard about this.

did not help

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Please don't leave guys. Project M introduced me to the competitive smash scene as a whole, and some of my best memories have been hanging out on this thread since I don't get to meet with many smashers in my home country.

Just please. I'd like for PMS to stay as a thing.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
PM helped me came back to the smash scene after my absence and I enjoyed it since 2011 back in the 1.0 days so PM I thank thee.

EDIT: Where else I'm gonna talk about my random video drops of HNK and other poverty games?

Last edited:

SunJester

Smash Ace
why is it that everytime im starting to give some ****ing headway into my depression that something horrible like this happens. i just needed this game i just needed it and they took it from me.

i just wanted to be happy again

now i cant stop crying

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Please don't leave guys. Project M introduced me to the competitive smash scene as a whole, and some of my best memories have been hanging out on this thread since I don't get to meet with many smashers in my home country.

Just please. I'd like for PMS to stay as a thing.
I ain't going nowhere.

We've still got Hylian Hylian avatar day coming up on 2/27.
@Binary Clone 's still gotta make everyone christmas avatars.
Bleck Bleck is gonna be doing his thing
And @Meiling is still gonna be down to cuddle with everyone.

I want all of PMS to stick around if you can.

Maybe I'll have netplay by this time next year and you can all show me how much you improved in 3.6 by then.

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
I'm excited because I have a **** ton of homies who love PM. With no more new updates to the meta it's all skill from here on out boys.

FreeGamer

Smash Ace
I wanted to believe in a competitive Smash game where we could be free from Sakurai's mistakes. Now, I don't know what to believe in. x_x

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Well, gentlemen, it's been good fun chatting with you all. Can't say I'm surprised this day came. Hopefully the glory that is PMS stays.

Pasting my post from Reddit:

Link to the attorney mentioned: http://ryanmorrisonlaw.com/
He seems pretty cool guy to me, just from the fact he plays vidya and specializes in vidya gayme law.
It should also shed some light into the sort of stuff that precipitated this cease and development--I mean, cease ofdevelopment. (sorry had to pun)
"As the PMDev team will be formally disbanded, please forward all official communications regarding Project M to video game attorney and business consultant" etc.
"official communications" tho?

Edit: Yes, Warchamp said no C&D, and I believe it.

Last edited:

Ivko

Smash Rookie
why is it that everytime im starting to give some ****ing headway into my depression that something horrible like this happens. i just needed this game i just needed it and they took it from me.

i just wanted to be happy again

now i cant stop crying
:(

Play some PM, it's still around. I intend on going forth like normal, and we'll see what happens over time.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Thread title changed to Project M Social Thread from Project M Social Thread v3.6.

We're staying here hopefully boys.

Here's to another 2500 posts.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Oh god I hope the PM forums stay, I don't want to be a forum refugee.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
It's not dead.

I want to see you all here in another year.

Keep practicing guys.
These whiners, honestly.

INB4, real waifus and fake wrestling, angst and girl success stories, internet fights and photoshop raids. See you all tomorrow. If the boards aren't here there are are still community hosted places to connect. So you will all show up again I'm sure.

Maybe one day I can meet Helsong irl and marry her and find out we interacted over the internet all those years ago by accident.

Helsong

Smash Ace
I'm not even a good player or even anyone notable, but I really like you people(yes, all of you) and I hope PMS sticks around. This is literally the only forum I've been active in since...like 2005. It's nice. I can ***** and moan and get to hear you guys ***** and moan and it's fun.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
If this subforum closes down, I'm probably going to stay as a refugee at the back room before I disappear altogether.

Unless we can get smashmods.com up and running again ayooo

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
This line from the PM subreddit by Warchamp is confusing me too: "The lack of specific detail is the trade off for being honest."

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Wow. Just like that it all just, STOPS? Wow.

Passing by here to leave my condolences. Damn. It was so sudden. even after all this time, P:M was and still is my go to if I ever wanted to go back to Brawl, and now, just, no words on this.

Even so, Thanks for giving life to the Smash series and community in a way after all things considered.

Thanks for the memories and fun, P:M Dev Team and Co.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Hey...you guys. I don't post on here a lot anymore, I used to a whole ton, but hey....

I'm gonna miss all y'all ;_;, at least, that feeling of an awesome new update. I wish I could juggle all these Smash games and be active on all the forums at once, but I can only do so much.

I just wanna say this is the Smash that got me into competitive and got me registered. Project M is why my passion is the way it is and I'm sad to see this happen, but I'm happy I can type this message here to express just how much this means.

I'm gonna miss the dumb Hylian avatars, the crazy hijinx, Mario nerf placebo, Mario buff placebo, the reveal of Alt Costumes....everything.

If this place stays up, I'll make it my duty to be more active here. If not, consider this my heart to heart. It really does mean a lot, oh, and....thank you Project M Development Team for all these years of fun. It's been a roller coaster.

I'd like to give shoutouts to the PM Bowser Skype Group for taking me in despite only secondarying Bowser and for being such awesome guys. I never want it to disband, so maybe I'll convince them we can all still be PM pals.....

Godspeed.

D

Deleted member

As a non-Project M player, it came as a shock to me to know that the development has ceased. I hope it's been a great ride for you guys. Don't stop just there, and keep playing Project M just like you did before. This mod certainly has a place within the Smash Bros. community, and I don't see its boards going away from this site anytime soon.

Carry on, fellow users.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I can never leave this thread. I went to prison and got paroled and became a good smash citizen cause of this thread and helped chatted super nerdy **** with folks like FG's. I don't post much in here anymore but don't take this thread away from me :(

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
This is kind of a big upset for me.

For the past 3 years I've been putting up suggestions in the PM Arts and Alts thread for new costumes for characters as a hobby. Say what you will about it, but I found it interesting.

I hope the PMDT tells us what they're working on soon though. I met some cool people through this game.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
lol well, it was fun while it lasted. Ride's gotta stop sometime.

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
I like this community a lot even though I wasn't allowed in the cool secret Skype club and I hope we get enough word in advanceif and when the forums are killed to up and move somewhere

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
This has been my favorite iteration (despite being unofficial) of Smash since the original release on the N64. With all the stuff being shown off for supposedly upcoming stuff, this comes completely out of nowhere. Watching for new information on this game has been a daily thing for me, even when I don't end up posting anything, and now it's apparently gone? I can't say I'm not disappointed. The one game I had things to look forward to...

Best of luck to everyone that worked on the game. Hope something good comes out of the project for all of you.

Top Bottom