• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Similarly I started doing a bit of ultra online. Was at 250pp a few days ago and now I'm at 78pp. Had a stupidly long and frustrating losing streak. Online is harder than in person I feel. Then again I still have yet to play anyone in person other than monk :(

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Way to stick to your guns, Koei Tecmo. .-.

(I never tried out any of the DOA games but I've always seen that company as the group content with doing its own thing unhindered.)

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
Some of the guys I worked with invited me to play Smash the other day. It was Smash 4, but hey, I was just happy to play serious competition.

They refuse to play on any stages with platforms.

It's always something, isn't it?

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Gotta love causals. That's why I always withhold my power lvl especially at cons.

Also give me platforms or give me a sd. Do folks still believe in that dumb Fox only fd **** talk meme from yonder?

Zynux

Smash Lord
(I never tried out any of the DOA games but I've always seen that company as the group content with doing its own thing unhindered.)
I had some casual fun with Dead or Alive 3.

What I hate about DOA3 though is the ridiculous combos and how long a match can last for.

Funny, since what I hate about Soul Calibur 2 for the opposite reason: for how short a match can last sometimes and how it seems that attacks don't smoothly combo well even at high competitive playing levels.

But I'm a scrub at both franchises so take anything I say with a grain of salt and just assume I need to git gud.

DOAX is terrible (my only exposure is the first one though) since it lacks content, the volleyball isn't even that great and the character models don't even work as eye-candy fanservice since DOA ladies always had weird, unattractive toy-like samey faces until recently. But on the flipside people who get mad and try to moral police over pixelated/polygonal tiddies is always a funny circus.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I had some casual fun with Dead or Alive 3.

What I hate about DOA3 though is the ridiculous combos and how long a match can last for.

Funny, since what I hate about Soul Calibur 2 for the opposite reason: for how short a match can last sometimes and how it seems that attacks don't smoothly combo well even at high competitive playing levels.

But I'm a scrub at both franchises so take anything I say with a grain of salt and just assume I need to git gud.

DOAX is terrible (my only exposure is the first one though) since it lacks content, the volleyball isn't even that great and the character models don't even work as eye-candy fanservice since DOA ladies always had weird, unattractive toy-like samey faces until recently. But on the flipside people who get mad and try to moral police over pixelated/polygonal tiddies is always a funny circus.
I agree about Soul Calibur. I think that's the reason those games don't really click with me like the Capcom fighters.

I don't know much about DOA mechanically (not much about the lore either) but I read some competitive players have issues with how the series creator likes designing things.

I imagine the old xtreme games must hold up terribly.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Finally started up a weekly night PM tournament series in Sydney's inner city. Super Xanadu really inspired me to get something going and we got relatively decent turn out for something that was spur of the moment. Hoping to make this into a larger scale thing. Expect to hear back from me, guys! :smirk:

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
Some of the guys I worked with invited me to play Smash the other day. It was Smash 4, but hey, I was just happy to play serious competition.

They refuse to play on any stages with platforms.

It's always something, isn't it?
to be fair, smash 4 is balanced around omega stages - the competitive community only continues to use stages with platforms dogmatically

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
to be fair, smash 4 is balanced around omega stages
to be fair the developers are ******** for doing this tbh because screw memes japan doesnt even use fd only they use bf and smashville and stuff like

Last edited:

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
YOU CAN DO IT STAR

YOU ARE THE...

star

OF MY EYE

TEE HEE

post vods *****.
You're the star of my eye too? 0_0

I did record VODs, should be uploading them soon. Since it was only gold coin entry (In Australia $1 and $2 coins are gold), all the PR members only used secondaries, myself included. Hopefully if it becomes large scale enough I'll increase entry to $5 and make it more serious.

Vids will be here.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Trump will remove illegal chinese cartoons like evogelion and filthy weebs from our contry vote Trump

Bleck

Smash Master
to be fair the developers are ******** for doing this tbh because screw memes japan doesnt even use fd only they use bf and smashville and stuff like
how any player plays any previous game doesn't really have much to do with whether or not smash 4 is balanced around omega stages

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Smash 4 is balanced?

In October I stayed awake for 89 hours straight completely unintentionally. There was just a bunch of stuff happening and I never got around to taking a nap or sleeping.
I usually go many days without sleeping or eating, so I think this might sound crazier to most folks here.
Not consecutively like that. That was a super-exception.
Not even drowsy or anything. We had a potluck on the last night and a few friends who hadn't seen me in that time had no idea until we started talking about it. That was the last night though, think I slept for 14 hours or something after that.

tl;dr

I'd be good at school me thinks.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I seriously blame casuals for the whole "FD ONLY" meme.

Only casuals think its the only fair stage.

Only casuals think its the only "pro" stage.

Only casuals think its the only "legitimate" stage.

And that's probably why Omega Stages being the focus of Smash 4's For Glory is a thing.

Its stupid.

But hey, it gives Little Mac a fighting chance and I like watching Little Mac and Megaman.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
but... but... Sakurai INVENTED wavedashing.

So who is the casual?
Reggie? Is he the one doing this Omega balancing junk?

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
I get funny reactions from 90% players in our weeklies when I ban FD, god help me

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I seriously blame casuals for the whole "FD ONLY" meme.

Only casuals think its the only fair stage.

Only casuals think its the only "pro" stage.

Only casuals think its the only "legitimate" stage.

And that's probably why Omega Stages being the focus of Smash 4's For Glory is a thing.

Its stupid.

But hey, it gives Little Mac a fighting chance and I like watching Little Mac and Megaman.
Casuals are not necessarily scrubs.
God I'm not even close.
Do I BS and possibly still get a OK grade or do I come clean and turn in my paper 2 hrs late.

FD is the worst.
Is your teach cool with you turning it in late?
If not, the third option is probably the best: turn it in on time, if the teacher accepts it, incomplete and without BS while being honest and forthcoming about your failure.

Last edited:
Top Bottom