• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

JOE!

Smash Hero
So here's a really scrubby question:

I know DI lets you influence the angle by +/- 18*, but does going out/in actually do anything? Like, for Marth's Dthrow it is advised to DI "down and away", but in reality isnt it just DIing like -10* or something instead of "away"?

Kushina43

Smash Apprentice
Seeing all of these Undertale comics and stuff makes me want to play it real badly because I already adore these characters

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
Escape from Wonderland today, heading out in like an hour or so. As an understatement: It's gonna be litttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt. Only today though, Saturday's line up is ass.

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
I found someones lost dog and i got a hundred dollars for it. Finally have some money for transportation and school.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Sounds cool. Reminds me I need to learn how to animate.

Among other things.

Like cooking.

and drawing/shading/etc.

and learning to play piano/guitar.

and something else I've probably forgotten.

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
So for a while i made some avatar pics out from vectored images. I decided since I'm never going to use them, here you are.
These are the ones i never used here or anywhere else. They are up for the taking. Enjoy

Last edited:

3quinox

Smash Rookie
NNID
X3quinoxX
3DS FC
2294-6359-7765
confirmed. at least Ganon is honest about it, and he usually has a sorta noblesse oblige thing going about his conquest. D3 is just an arrogant douchebag that thinks he runs ****.

also the tier list speculation/character viability threads for Smash 4 are cancerous. I got boo'd out of there once for talking about D3 every so often when it was topical (especially when it was topical, like people asking/commenting on the character directly). "we get it, you play this character!" they said. yeah well no **** pal, I do play the character, and I don't see anybody else stepping up to talk about him, so here I am! hoping I can clear up misconceptions (e.g. "he's high tier!" plus other exaggerated claims) or whatever, y'know? not as an absolute authority or rep, but as someone that goes (well, went) to tourneys and played him. but no, I'm redundant. go figure.

(wonder what they think about Big D placing 65th at EVO and 17th at Paragon with the character, ehue)

pertaining to the Binary discussion: life RNG sucks. I got hit with it pretty lightly, but my fortitude saves against Mounting Emotional Problems have failed me. now everything for the past few years is piling up ever since the end was in sight. I'm out of a vehicle, out of patience, and out of place. the best set of opportunities (fiancee and a clean slate) in my life are agonizingly months away. so frustrated with everything here; my job (12 ****ing years of politicking, plumb bad luck, and mismanagement, with a pinch of admitted self-defeat and -destruction thrown in thanks to depression and anxiety), my friend/roommate (this one is a doozy and involves multiple factors; not gonna get into it in detail), my living situation (300-400 dollars for an electric bill on average, and because of my roomie's troubles, he can only shell out a hundred, leaving me the lion's share of the expense)...

but, he's right. perspective is important, and as long as I keep the end goal in mind, I feel a little better about ****. doesn't come to me quite readily as I like, because short-term focused, but I make due. it's all I got right now.

it could always be worse

Smooth Criminal
Actually i main dedede and i feel like he handles the top tiers really well but he lacks with the low teirs i say hes mid teir like b plus to a but if you can space hes really reliable

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Actually i main dedede and i feel like he handles the top tiers really well but he lacks with the low teirs i say hes mid teir like b plus to a but if you can space hes really reliable
no.

I'm sorry, but no. the thing is, D3 doesn't "handle" any of the top tiers in Smash 4 very well at all. at best you're almost always looking at a notable/noticeable disadvantage in just about every aspect---neutral/footsies, zoning, etc.---because everybody else in that echelon does everything that much better. you get in your mids and lows, it's not too terrible, but a lot of that territory is still unrefined yet (your statement def holds up about how weird his MUs are there, tho). most of the D3 players like myself agree that he is not absolutely abysmal, but from his standings now he's definitely looking up to mid-tier rather than down from it. exceptional players like Big D, King James, and Jdawg give us that glimmer because they make the character's strengths shine. here's hoping we can build off of that foundation.

and I still think Mega Man v. D3 is an 8:2 MU, in Mega's favor. nobody agrees with me though lol

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Ramz289

Smash Journeyman
I'm considering making a twitter to follow FGC Bob Ross

What a ****ing legend. Holy ****.

Last edited:

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
So here's a really scrubby question:

I know DI lets you influence the angle by +/- 18*, but does going out/in actually do anything? Like, for Marth's Dthrow it is advised to DI "down and away", but in reality isnt it just DIing like -10* or something instead of "away"?
in reality it's like that yea

eideeiit

Smash Ace
Monthlies are fun.

I'm feeling good.

Anyone got any good read regarding mindfulness and motivation cause I've somewhat decided to try/get better at those? I got a lot of time cause I got no school next week.

Just doing things is fun. Why do I always forget that when I don't do things?

Ramz289

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
This is one of the most awesome things I've heard all month.
I will personally ensure it blares at whatever party I end up going to tomorrow. Good thing my friend circle is a bunch of nerds.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
sigh there's some things that I wish the pm scene had that it doesn't

1. comprehensive high-level match database searchable by player, character, and region, similar to http://www.meltydb.com/
2. reliable frame data databases that are easily accessible and publicized. like jesus christ r/ssbpm do you really need three guides on how to make your own music packs on the sidebar but don't have a link to frame data at all? and not just frame data I mean hitbox repositories in an accessible fashion with written descriptions of when each hitbox is active and how long autocancel frames are etc (if there is a resource like this can someone link it to me pls)
3. national tournament series and standings lmao, wouldn't we all want this
4. the amount of analysis and number of thinkpieces that melee has
5. accessible and intensive character thinkpieces/development pieces, including detailed matchup charts

and most of all an identity removed from smash. like obviously the melee scene is what caused pm to be a thing in the first place, but now reliance on the traditional infrastructure of smash and melee is all for naught

**** I wish I could do some of this **** but I'm just a busy college student from nowhere who's too interested in watching emergent game design concepts develop to actually get good at smash lmao (well actually I'm just too busy with homework)

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
we'd have all of those things if some ****lord with nice hair and a douchebag attitude played PM but they're all busy collectively masturbating over melee

CORY

wut
BRoomer
sigh there's some things that I wish the pm scene had that it doesn't

1. comprehensive high-level match database searchable by player, character, and region, similar to http://www.meltydb.com/
2. reliable frame data databases that are easily accessible and publicized. like jesus christ r/ssbpm do you really need three guides on how to make your own music packs on the sidebar but don't have a link to frame data at all? and not just frame data I mean hitbox repositories in an accessible fashion with written descriptions of when each hitbox is active and how long autocancel frames are etc (if there is a resource like this can someone link it to me pls)
3. national tournament series and standings lmao, wouldn't we all want this
4. the amount of analysis and number of thinkpieces that melee has
5. accessible and intensive character thinkpieces/development pieces, including detailed matchup charts

and most of all an identity removed from smash. like obviously the melee scene is what caused pm to be a thing in the first place, but now reliance on the traditional infrastructure of smash and melee is all for naught

**** I wish I could do some of this **** but I'm just a busy college student from nowhere who's too interested in watching emergent game design concepts develop to actually get good at smash lmao (well actually I'm just too busy with homework)
For hitboxes, look at the character forums. Most if them have something stickied, and I can tell you that sartron's are pretty well made, with normal and half speed gifs, along with all the hitbox data (angles, active frames, bkb, kbg, etc...) all in there for each move.

For number1, that's not really feasibly happening until after the final release, because getting intensive data on that scale isn't worth it when things can change in six months. It's why most tier list discussion is in generalities, usually.

Same with 4 and 5. Though, a lot of that can be taken from melee and applied through a pm filter to get a good idea on how interactions etc... should work.

As for a national series, there's not really anything consistently like that for any smash game. Just "national" level tourneys, where the payout's enough to warrant those players turning out.

Bazkip

Smash Master

This is my life, just with video games.

I have hundreds of games to play

But you know what I'm gonna do?

I'm gonna buy more games on Steam sales

And then I will play Project M, a fan mode

And then I will watch people speedrun my favourite games on Twitch

Thankfully a while back I realized I was just throwing away money and massively cut down on game purchases

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
PMS When @Binary Clone posts about his life

But I only care about one of those stages. I mean, how do you expect me to be the top US Marshal who also looks really really strong if I have to spend energy having a wife (who won't likely be Becky Lynch) and kids?

should i feel bad for not doing anything for halloween or
Nah. Hell, I was pretty much just going to go to the gym in my gorilla suit for rest day but I JUST got invited to play UMVC3/drink tomorrow. If I didn't get invited, I would've just probably spent the rest of the day doing my papers for class/gorilla workout. If you want to do something for Halloween, you can always practice looking really really strong.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Finally updating to 3.6 lmao

Hope I can place better at SI2 than I did at the first

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
This is one of the most awesome things I've heard all month.
I will personally ensure it blares at whatever party I end up going to tomorrow. Good thing my friend circle is a bunch of nerds.
When I saw this I thought "Please god let the 'Waters of' be Waters of Nazareth"

This sounds awesome.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Playing OFF this weekend, somehow I ended up on an RPG Maker binge and I just have a bunch of these games now.

Top Bottom