• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

eideeiit

Smash Ace
http://smashboards.com/threads/drastic-improvement.311129/

go to the bottom of the first post and read the No Johns section.

let me know what you think
>Don't wait for your conditions to change and don't give yourself any excuses to wimp out. Be honest about what you want and do whatever it is that you want to do. Do what you love to do, what you are waiting to do, what you've always wanted to do, and don't wait. You may find out that your inner desires aren't feasible and can't actually happen in reality. But don't waste time now only to find that out later. Deal with the things that restrain your ability and do what you want in spite of those limitations. Postponements are almost always excuses that unnecessarily hold you back. Limitations and constraints never held back anyone who really wanted to do something. No matter what happens, at least you'll know to yourself that you gave it your all and you will always be satisfied with yourself.

This resonated with me. All too often I'm like "it'll be better do that then". And of course I never do. It also reminded me of how saying you'll do something but never doing it counts as nothing but lying to yourself, which is something I had realized but being reminded is always good.

>This translates outside of smash too. Are you unhappy making minimum wage? Being fat? Can't travel as much as you'd like? No Johns, it's on you to develop your career, diet and exercise, and to find new ways to get around. And while it's a lot of work, you can do it whenever you want. It's putting your life into your own hands and giving you the opportunity to shape the outcomes of the events in your life.
> Never complain and never explain. No Johns.

This makes sense in the context of Smash, but in life idk. Complaining for the sake of complaining or for something that makes you yourself feel better in a masturbatory(?) way is naturally dumb, but legit complaints are a way for us to change our circumstances to better suit ourselves and there's nothing really wrong with that as long as it's for a good cause and has been thought through (which as a side note is probs incredibly hard) and doesn't end at those complaints but grows into other action too. Case in point would be you and 3.5 Roy I guess. Complaints themselves are just a tool. What we use it for is what matters.

It also made me think a bit about the people that really have no talent (that I believe to be extremely few and far between and most of those that think they belong to the group in truth don't). But then again even they have tools to change their lives, even though they might need others to help them. Just like normal folks actually... A massive tangent here.

In the end:

No johns=That's life

And as has been established, we can change our lives.

(Boy am I on fire today, I got 4th/16 and won doubles (3 teams, 6 euros won, fist time I made money, feels goood.) in the local monthly and beat a player I thought was way beyond me. Will perhaps drown in pools the regional monthly next week tho, but I'll be working to prevent that these 5 days. Doing things is fun. Even if it's just playin vidja gaems with some nerds.)

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Easily one of my new favorite episodes, and definitely my favorite movie of theirs. FOR 1000 YEARS I HAVE LAID DORMANT xD
There's a Rita Repulsa joke in there somewhere, but I feel like not many here would appreciate it.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
blegh, drowned hard in pools, 0-2 every match.

and i don't even get to go to the baller as **** smash party tonight : /

D

Deleted member

Hey, I didn't even go to BR, and I'm also not going to Baliee's party either

;~;

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
You two should take heart in the fact that even with what happened to you today, you're still better than me, because I haven't gone outside in almost a day.
:^)

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I'm running a spotlight for a burlesque show, so slight consolation.

But I'd rather be at belee's 2: 2spoopy : /

Bazkip

Smash Master
Top 4 of Canada Cup Melee is all American

I mean like we all knew PPMD was gonna win but I'm just so sad and HOLY **** NEVERMIND DUCK JUST 2-STOCKED PPMD WHAT

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
holy **** i got the official kyary pamyu pamyu pants and these are the greatest pants ive ever owned in my life

Bazkip

Smash Master
I didn't go out tonight cause I was tired earlier, but now it's 1:30 AM and I'm wide awake.

Body why you do this

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I forgot how good chocolates are. Hello diabetes.

holy **** i got the official kyary pamyu pamyu pants and these are the greatest pants ive ever owned in my life
I hope they rip or when you wash them, that they get super wrinkly.

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
I went to a party and I'm somewhat drunk

you know that feeling where a girl may have been flirting with you but you didn't realize until a while later and then it turns out she's already gone and like either she was flirting in which case you hate yourself or she was not in which case you're clearly so desperate that you hate yourself

that's me, right now

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer

you know that feeling where a girl may have been flirting with you but you didn't realize until a while later and then it turns out she's already gone and like either she was flirting in which case you hate yourself or she was not in which case you're clearly so desperate that you hate yourself

that's me, right now
It's alright, they come and go. Just look out for
next time man.

Edit: 2 drunk when posted, came off wrong

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277

that's me, right now
The worst part is when she asks if you want her number and ask her why would you need it.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Yeah it's a pretty terrible feeling Bleck

But I take comfort in the idea that nothing good could probably come from hooking up at a party
(And looking back at the ones who have come onto me at parties I'm pretty sure I'm 100% right)

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
^put some shoes on you madman

s/o to water; I sat around my apartment last night rigorously drinking you and it made this hangover bearable. sooo much better than last week.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Literally 0 people came by to trick or treat. This is either a blessing in disguise, or it's gonna be the fastest path to diabetes.

We have over 6 pounds of candy. Someone please understand and help

Jonyc128

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jonnyc64
Hmm looks like M2K is gonna be at the smash local near me.

Guess I gotta leave the Realm of Shadows earlier than expected lol

eideeiit

Smash Ace
I just saw 007 Spectre.

I don't think I really have any spoilers in here but
It was bad. It felt like they tried to mix the old times' classic and ridiculous Bond stuff with the newer more serious Craig-time Bond but the result was just a mess with only a few bits of actually good action and lots of things so implausible that I had to remind myself time and time again that it's just a Bond-movie, which in itself isn't bad, but if you're gonna go overboard you may as well do it well.

I barely even got any one-man-army feels. Bond just does Bond stuff and saves the day.

Christopher Waltz was kind of redundant. He plays a "classic bad guy" so to speak, but it feels like he didn't have anything to work with but that and ends up feeling like A-Christopher-Waltz-playing-a-Bond-villain. I honestly liked him more in Green Hornet for christ's sake.

The bad guy/evil organization is another thing where their half-measures hurt them. They kinda try to give them motives and that for-the-greater-good thing, but also brand them as evil. But even the "brand them as evil" is a bit half-assed. At least I never got the feel of really wanting to see this ****** go down hard.

The girl was cute, but she fell for bond too quickly after they had tried to establish her as a sensible person.

It did manage to not bore me for 2,5 hours tho so idk, well timed explosions? Some jokes? Good camerawork?
In short a massive amount of things felt like they wanted to do 2 things but ended up doing neither well.

Last edited:

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Just found a huge ass bag of Hersey's Kisses

See you on the other side of this inevitable chocolate coma PMS

Top Bottom