• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

D

Deleted member

I have to work until one AM tomorrow, and I really wouldn't be prepared to go out to FX in the morning

Also, a friend of mine called my mom and asked to hang, so my mom is basically like, "**** the tournaments, you see your tournament 'friends' too much, go hang out with real friends. Going to compete is pretty dumb too. :\"

(That isn't word for word, but it basically felt like that's what she was saying to me)

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
@Scotch98' You need to become independent ASAP because there is just about nothing worse for a young adult than guardians who mean well but almost never actually do well, and it doesn't help that that is one of the most common kinds of guardian that a child can hope to have.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It really was never like this at all though, not until I started working and going back to school, this is like the first time something like this has happened, so, I unno

(it's k tho maybe another time :c)

Last edited by a moderator:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Just ignore mech, bruh. If he's not posting memes, he's making posta so edgy your eyes bleed.

You'd be better off just asking grey for advice, since looking strong might actually be helpful.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Wow. I thought they would know not to do this considering the crap that Bethesda got for selling Horse Armor, but I guess not.

Once upon a time, these were unlockable alternate costumes. But Not in this day and age.

At the end of the day, it's just another reason to say #****onami.

..also it appears that Konami cut out a very important part of the last chapters' story...

I haven't played the game yet so I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but stuff like this makes me want to not bother until the game price goes down to like 20 in a Steam Sale or something.
They cut mission 51, the ending of the second chapter of the game. The Collector's Edition has a bonus disc with a video with unfinished cutscenes and concept art for that mission. Once you're done with the story of the game you can go to YouTube to watch it. It obviously has spoilers.

Konami said that people that bought Ground Zeroes would be able to revisit Camp Omega in The Phantom Pain with some surprises here and there, but it's nowhere to be found.

A texture that read Chapter 3: Peace was also found. A cutscene was also found that has something to do with the name of the chapter, but no one found a way to trigger it in-game so far and it's possible to get a 100% completion ratio without getting it.

Also: http://au.ign.com/articles/2015/09/...+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Geographical and temporal perimeters. Functional perimeters vary from manifestation to manifestation.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I have a feeling that I should get Mario Maker when it's cheaper just to copy and paste levels I made for NSMBW and old romhacks.
It would put that effort I made a long time ago to use and infuriate everyone with how backwards in level designing I was.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Christ, is cut content the new locked on disc DLC? Or is this rant reserved exclusively for Konami?

It should go without saying that games have cut content all the time. Sometimes it gets cut in concept, sometimes it gets cut in alpha, and sometimes it gets cut near the end for either pacing reasons or they just run out of time. Usually we don't hear about it because companies don't want people to throw a fit about it and go "Game RUINED!"

So it seems like people are thinking that something was missing from MGSV and that if they just had time to restore whatever they had to remove then everything would have come together and the word masterpiece would be thrown around instead of personal disappointment. But no, most likely you wouldn't have liked the game anyway because it was too different from expectations, didn't have things you wanted, didn't tell the story the way it should have gone in your mind etc. The cut content is just the easy target to focus on and blame as if the game was half-finished when it isn't.

Last edited:

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Christ, is cut content the new locked on disc DLC? Or is this rant reserved exclusively for Konami?

It should go without saying that games have cut content all the time. Sometimes it gets cut in concept, sometimes it gets cut in alpha, and sometimes it gets cut near the end for either pacing reasons or they just run out of time. Usually we don't hear about it because companies don't want people to throw a fit about it and go "Game RUINED!"

So it seems like people are thinking that something was missing from MGSV and that if they just had time to restore whatever they had to remove then everything would have come together and the word masterpiece would be thrown around instead of personal disappointment. But no, most likely you wouldn't have liked the game anyway because it was too different from expectations, didn't have things you wanted, didn't tell the story the way it should have gone in your mind etc. The cut content is just the easy target to focus on and blame as if the game was half-finished when it isn't.
MGSV has barely any story to begin with and where it does it's horrible and doesn't serve to answer the questions that people were asking prior to the game's release.
It also doesn't help that the game was marketed as the story of Big Boss' descent into becoming a demon but all we got was Venom Snake doing irrelevant missions for 50 hours rather than an actual coherent plot that gives us closure; the only thing this game did was explain how "Big Boss" survived after Metal Gear 1. With all the story arcs left open at the end of the game we can only ask more questions about the series. There isn't going to be another game now so we'll forever wonder how certain things came to be. Like what the hell was Big Boss doing all the way from 1984 to 1999?
The gameplay is absurdly good but the game as a whole was a huge let down for many mainly because we already knew the gameplay would be good because of Ground Zeroes so we got hyped for the story which turned out to be lifeless, with cut content as well.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
But no, most likely you wouldn't have liked the game anyway because it was too different from expectations, didn't have things you wanted, didn't tell the story the way it should have gone in your mind etc. The cut content is just the easy target to focus on and blame as if the game was half-finished when it isn't.
Have you played the game?? This post makes you sound like you have no idea what's really going on here dude.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
The impression I'm getting is that the game blatantly feels like it is missing stuff. This isn't like OoT's beta content where the finished product feels complete and fans only dreamt of the possibilities of the cut stuff.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
The impression I'm getting is that the game blatantly feels like it is missing stuff. This isn't like OoT's beta content where the finished product feels complete and fans only dreamt of the possibilities of the cut stuff.
People have found lots of strange extra bits in the files like textures that point to the game having a third chapter.

Honestly though, even with a third chapter it wouldn't have been that much more fantastic in making the story more interesting considering that the two existing chapters are filled with exposition and only have about 3 or 4 relevant story missions each that are lifeless to begin with.

Draco_The

Smash Lord

I don't know if you read what I said but the second chapter of the game is missing the ending. Calling it cut content is just a cute way to say unfinished product.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
It's not even rage, Mech. MGSV's story is objectively kinda bad, even for a Metal Gear game. I was on board for different right from the get-go when Kojima said it was going to be handled differently, but after playing it, I found this episodic approach to forming the greater narrative a little stunted. Tapes could only do so much to enrich it. It felt like a jumbled, disjointed mess throughout, like you go here here here and here because reasons and Cipher.

I'm of the opinion that it was mainly bad because of the execution of it, as I said early on, not the ideas or themes behind it.

I find myself still thinking about the implications of language being the very bedrock of a society, and just how much it really influences our lives. Some of the tapes, especially Code Talker's, were fantastic about bringing that to light. Imperialism, cultural appropriation, harmony through dissonance...it's thought-provoking. So it succeeded on that front, at least.

And I would have been okay with the Punished/Venom Snake thing if, again, it wasn't for the delivery.

And @ Comeback Kid Comeback Kid , even if they did add that last chapter back into the game, the story would still be pretty lame. It's just bull**** that they cut it in the first place because there was almost no reason to (unless we go with the obvious factors of Kojima Productions v. Konami). It's literally cut content in the strictest sense.

Even after all of that, to clarify, I think MGSV is an excellent game and that people should play it regardless. It's definitely a great experience despite its shortcomings.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Have you played the game?? This post makes you sound like you have no idea what's really going on here dude.
If I have to spell it all out even more so people don't misunderstand: I meant people felt something missing in that the soul of the game is. Not the super duper secret ending that would make the game "whole". Because as many posters already attested to, it wouldn't.

I don't think people want to blame Kojima for the state of the game because that would be kicking a man when he is down. So instead they need to blame the villain, Konami, and the cut content is the way to do it. It is "proof" Kojima's masterpiece was tampered with.

If the game as it shipped is an unfinished product, than a lot of games are abandoned and unfinished before reaching their full potential. It works fine except for a very few bugs, so I wouldn't call that unfinished in the least just because one alternative ending didn't make it in.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I mean, I'm okay with pinning blame on Kojima if it truly is his fault. It's just really hard to say. Konami slashed TPP's budget, butted heads with their staff and whatnot on more than one occasion; the sources are kinda reliable there? Kojima is also a pain in the ass to work with, too. Nothing short of a perfectionist and an artist. It's like oil and water, really.

I don't think we'll ever get the full story.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Again, have you played the game? You can't possibly convince me that compared to chapter 1, chapter 2 is a complete product. The fact that data miners found a chapter 3 texture just adds more salt to the wound. The game is great as-is, but that doesn't necessarily mean it isn't incomplete like you're implying.

It's an unfinished product because there were clearly bigger plans for this game that ultimately didn't come to fruition due to time constraints or even possible funding issues that most likely stem from the publisher- Konami. Kojima totally could've contributed to whatever issues obviously happened during development, and I'm totally fine with blaming him too.

Top Bottom