• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Narelex

Smash Journeyman
That moment when you wonder how to play a MU better as your character. Then think to ask someone more experienced then you.

But then you realize no one's solo-mained the character as much as you...****

steelguttey

mei is bei
can we have a training class for commentators so they actually know things about characters and arent speaking out of their ass

also to teach them to not say "the disrespect" because that meme is old and really cringy

or pika's usmash is stronger than fox every time hes on screen

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
can we have a training class for commentators so they actually know things about characters and arent speaking out of their ***

also to teach them to not say "the disrespect" because that meme is old and really cringy

or pika's usmash is stronger than fox every time hes on screen
but did you know that wario's side b gains strength AND knockback the longer it stays out?

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Namesearched, but no one was even surprised I beat M2k? Damn.

:018:
have you heard about that guy seagull joe? he beat m2k! before, i thought that seagull joe was totally garbage at this game, but now i'm convinced even further that he survives on nothing but diddy's janky bananas. surely he didn't win through skill.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Great Jaggi is a whimp (but maybe the demo helped me to get used to it? Idk, I probably still have much weaker weapons then what the demo used anyway), was pretty easy. Still need to do the Selta quest, so we'll see how that goes I guess. Though right now I'm grinding for that one type ofr ore that begins with an m for upgrades. Then I'm probably gonna farm the Great Jaggi and maybe get the Jaggi armor (blacksmith said I would get a skill from getting the whole set, though I find it befuddling that there isn't a chest piece for the Jaggi armor set, at least not one I'm able to see currently).

I think I'm getting sucked in.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Treat all of low rank like an extended tutorial rather than early game. Low rank is easy and the hardest/most fun part doesn't start until you get to high rank/especially g rank

Bleck

Smash Master
somebody at work today called me a tsundere

edit: why is my name pink

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Diddy is broken in a good way, and is ruining other characters for me because none of them can move like him. He's quite literally falcon with Marth dash dance and ganon wavelands. I think he needs the horizontal distance on his up b cut down though, it's a little rediculous.

Bleck

Smash Master
The multiplayer component in MGSV is gross and stupid. **** you, Konami.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Diddy is broken in a good way, and is ruining other characters for me because none of them can move like him. He's quite literally falcon with Marth dash dance and ganon wavelands. I think he needs the horizontal distance on his up b cut down though, it's a little rediculous.
Yeah dude, that Waveland chart (which I'd be able to find if Reddit had a way to sort through your saves) had Diddys as all (or near most?) jumps lead to perfect (0 frame) WD/WLs from his ECB.

I can't get behind toning anything down when he's finally "fine" after all these versions now: though that's my ideals. I now see PM as the game for me when it's more finalized and Melee somehow gets boring/exhausted in the far future. Being away from PM and focusing on Melee as my scene has done for a while is less stressful in a lot of ways. I also play Smash for the social aspect more than ever.

SD remix when I played it various times throughout the years has a very large sense of wrongness to it. There's no new game going on, just a Melee where people can enjoy a low tier. And even the now viable low tier you might enjoy using, for some people is heavenly, but to me it's just all wrong. The limited editing you can do to the characters just has a speed warped unaesthetic moved still badly designed creature that shouldn't be allowed to grace Melee. I can't back SD remix at all when PM exists. It feels like the character you're trying to enjoy in SD remix is some cranked up zombie of a character when the real one is in PM: where they have the editing tools to properly design them (and their Brawl counterpart) and exist in a new game that they're suppose to exist in alongside the now properly designed Brawl cast and properly combined/mixed physics of the Brawl and Melee engine.

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
The multiplayer component in MGSV is gross and stupid. **** you, Konami.
The idea itself is cool, but it's filled with balance problems and whatnot.

The FOB trailer made it look like you need to use all your items carefully and all that, but in fact it's just run, CQC and shoot while the opponent is on the ground. I wish they lowered the health while playing this mode so shooting the opponent while it's running towards you would do something meaningful.
The defender has soldiers with better AI than the ones from the campaign, surveillance cameras, drones and the ability to respawn, while the other guy doesn't have anything on his side.
Some people don't even waste time building their FOBs and instead just infiltrate other FOBs to get S soldiers and such, so when you go and invade their FOB in retaliation you get almost nothing.

Narelex

Smash Journeyman
Scrolling to the first few pages of the social thread is super weird. Its like a time capsule.

Of course my account was FUBAR then so I couldn't post.

.........I was a social thread stalker guys.........

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Metal Gear Online launches in October aka the real multiplayer mode with team objectives.

If you're not pleased with the small and way to pass the time FOB minigame, don't go online then.

He really does exaggeratedly complain about everything under the sun.

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
He takes the brokeness of other charicters and makes him its own

Cyre

Smash Apprentice
Great Jaggi is a whimp (but maybe the demo helped me to get used to it? Idk, I probably still have much weaker weapons then what the demo used anyway), was pretty easy. Still need to do the Selta quest, so we'll see how that goes I guess. Though right now I'm grinding for that one type ofr ore that begins with an m for upgrades. Then I'm probably gonna farm the Great Jaggi and maybe get the Jaggi armor (blacksmith said I would get a skill from getting the whole set, though I find it befuddling that there isn't a chest piece for the Jaggi armor set, at least not one I'm able to see currently).

I think I'm getting sucked in.
is it malachite? And there is a chest piece, but armor pieces don't show up until you have the parts to make em. (I think)

Skills in monster hunter are kind of confusing, but having a full set really doesn't matter, it just depends on if you're able to get 10 points in total of a certain skill (or more) out of the armor that you're wearing. It never has to be from the same set, sets early on though will usually give you what you need. (Go for tetsucabra set, it will help a lot)

If I want the skill load up for example and my helmet lists that it has 3 points of that particular skill, I need to gain 7 more points from whatever else I might be wearing, ded

havefun

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I predict Monster Hunter X will divide the fanbase somewhat.

"What!? You can change your fighting style with each weapon and do flashy special moves, way to casualize the game for noobs Capcom. I remember when you had to slowly swing your sword at the right time or get hit with a huge hitbox that didn't match the animation. Those were real Monster Hunter games"

Which is to say, Monster Hunter X is going to be awesome.

Last edited:
Top Bottom