• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Sleep is good, that's why I'm going to bed at 7 am
As long as you get 8 hours~

"Sleep helps your brain work properly. While you're sleeping, your brain is preparing for the next day. It's forming new pathways to help you learn and remember information.

Studies show that a good night's sleep improves learning. Whether you're learning math, how to play the piano, how to perfect your golf swing, or how to drive a car, sleep helps enhance your learning and problem-solving skills. Sleep also helps you pay attention, make decisions, and be creative.

Studies also show that sleep deficiency alters activity in some parts of the brain. If you're sleep deficient, you may have trouble making decisions, solving problems, controlling your emotions and behavior, and coping with change. Sleep deficiency also has been linked to depression, suicide, and risk-taking behavior.

Children and teens who are sleep deficient may have problems getting along with others. They may feel angry and impulsive, have mood swings, feel sad or depressed, or lack motivation. They also may have problems paying attention, and they may get lower grades and feel stressed.

Sleep plays an important role in your physical health. For example, sleep is involved in healing and repair of your heart and blood vessels. Ongoing sleep deficiency is linked to an increased risk of heart disease, kidney disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, and stroke.

Sleep deficiency also increases the risk of obesity. For example, one study of teenagers showed that with each hour of sleep lost, the odds of becoming obese went up. Sleep deficiency increases the risk of obesity in other age groups as well.

Sleep helps maintain a healthy balance of the hormones that make you feel hungry (ghrelin) or full (leptin). When you don't get enough sleep, your level of ghrelin goes up and your level of leptin goes down. This makes you feel hungrier than when you're well-rested.

Sleep also affects how your body reacts to insulin, the hormone that controls your blood glucose (sugar) level. Sleep deficiency results in a higher than normal blood sugar level, which may increase your risk for diabetes.

Sleep also supports healthy growth and development. Deep sleep triggers the body to release the hormone that promotes normal growth in children and teens. This hormone also boosts muscle mass and helps repair cells and tissues in children, teens, and adults. Sleep also plays a role in puberty and fertility.

Your immune system relies on sleep to stay healthy. This system defends your body against foreign or harmful substances. Ongoing sleep deficiency can change the way in which your immune system responds. For example, if you're sleep deficient, you may have trouble fighting common infections."

And a lot more
http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/sdd/why

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Also playing some game called "Sad Satan" at like, 3 AM

I genuinely don't think this is a good idea but it's better than that trash game Melee, right????????
Careful. I've heard that quite a few people try to download that game only to accidentally download a fake version which winds up just being a virus that pumps their computer full of illegal images of child abuse (to give an understatement).

People have been trying to bait famous LPers that they don't like into getting that fake version.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Sleep is for the weak

And we all know looking weak is the most horrible sin we can do

Last edited:

eideeiit

Smash Ace
"To be truly strong you must first know what it is to be weak."

I don't know if that's the exact quote but at least buddhism and christianity have this thought, don't they?

zman804

Smash Ace
Pools! I found all of AZ's pools and will hopefully be doing a rundown of the important matches on stream later today. This tournament is freaking stacked holy crap.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
As long as you get 8 hours~

"Sleep helps your brain work properly. While you're sleeping, your brain is preparing for the next day. It's forming new pathways to help you learn and remember information.

Studies show that a good night's sleep improves learning. Whether you're learning math, how to play the piano, how to perfect your golf swing, or how to drive a car, sleep helps enhance your learning and problem-solving skills. Sleep also helps you pay attention, make decisions, and be creative.

Studies also show that sleep deficiency alters activity in some parts of the brain. If you're sleep deficient, you may have trouble making decisions, solving problems, controlling your emotions and behavior, and coping with change. Sleep deficiency also has been linked to depression, suicide, and risk-taking behavior.

Children and teens who are sleep deficient may have problems getting along with others. They may feel angry and impulsive, have mood swings, feel sad or depressed, or lack motivation. They also may have problems paying attention, and they may get lower grades and feel stressed.

Sleep plays an important role in your physical health. For example, sleep is involved in healing and repair of your heart and blood vessels. Ongoing sleep deficiency is linked to an increased risk of heart disease, kidney disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, and stroke.

Sleep deficiency also increases the risk of obesity. For example, one study of teenagers showed that with each hour of sleep lost, the odds of becoming obese went up. Sleep deficiency increases the risk of obesity in other age groups as well.

Sleep helps maintain a healthy balance of the hormones that make you feel hungry (ghrelin) or full (leptin). When you don't get enough sleep, your level of ghrelin goes up and your level of leptin goes down. This makes you feel hungrier than when you're well-rested.

Sleep also affects how your body reacts to insulin, the hormone that controls your blood glucose (sugar) level. Sleep deficiency results in a higher than normal blood sugar level, which may increase your risk for diabetes.

Sleep also supports healthy growth and development. Deep sleep triggers the body to release the hormone that promotes normal growth in children and teens. This hormone also boosts muscle mass and helps repair cells and tissues in children, teens, and adults. Sleep also plays a role in puberty and fertility.

Your immune system relies on sleep to stay healthy. This system defends your body against foreign or harmful substances. Ongoing sleep deficiency can change the way in which your immune system responds. For example, if you're sleep deficient, you may have trouble fighting common infections."

And a lot more
http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/sdd/why
nerd

D

Deleted member

omg shit talk? in my PMS? Allow me.
Mad, binary, Please. You both suck. You guys gonna be at paragon? $10 MMs. Both of you. At once. 2v1. I win, I take both your 10s. You win actually that won't happen so I won't bother
we should do $1 teams money matches where we specifically attempt to demoralize the opposing team regardless of whether we win or lose. my preferred methods of doing this-

- killing one opponent 7 times, THEN killing the other player last
- pummel/release abuse on fastfallers until they quit
- telling the opposing team opposites in extremes backwards, e.g. telling them theyre really good, then after a few stock in the same match wow youre actually horrible uninstall the game
-switching characters and still winning, so i play rob and you play sheik
-winning with one move over and over like say mashing dsmash 80 times in one match

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
we should do $1 teams money matches where we specifically attempt to demoralize the opposing team regardless of whether we win or lose. my preferred methods of doing this-

- telling the opposing team opposites in extremes backwards, e.g. telling them theyre really good, then after a few stock in the same match wow youre actually horrible uninstall the game
-winning with one move over and over like say mashing dsmash 80 times in one match
youre a bad person why are we dating

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Quiz on first 20 hiragana characters Wednesday, been studying every day

The moonrunes are slowly starting to make sense

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486

Mfw you come up on me and you cant do anything cause your squirtle johns

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
"To be truly strong you must first know what it is to be weak." I don't know if that's the exact quote but at least Buddhism and Christianity have this thought, don't they?
2 Corinthians 12:10: "That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." ...Close enough. Being durable without disregarding one's own feelings is kind of a big thing in Buddhism, too, so good call.

As an aside, I've always felt that true strength, not just the physical kind, is being tough enough to know that you can also be tender.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
@ Strong Badam Strong Badam once I beat oddysyss's yoshi in our pool I'm coming for youuuuu

Then maybe I'll play @ Boiko Boiko in losers if you lose to fracture?

These pools aren't looking too hot for me. It's okay I still got doubles

Boiko

:drshrug:
@ Strong Badam Strong Badam once I beat oddysyss's yoshi in our pool I'm coming for youuuuu

Then maybe I'll play @ Boiko Boiko in losers if you lose to fracture?

These pools aren't looking too hot for me. It's okay I still got doubles
I would like to think that I'm a favorite over fracture, but he is very good, and it's a difficult match up, so we'll see.

Honestly, this pool confuses me a bit. I feel that the skill ratio is highly skewed. But, whatever, it is what it is. My set with Strong Bad should be interesting, if I get to play him. I feel that we've both gotten a lot better since we last played. Plus, he's onto a new character. Exciting stuff.

Edit: Although, I'd rather play someone I haven't played before from across the country. I mean, what are the odds of that? :/

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I would like to think that I'm a favorite over fracture, but he is very good, and it's a difficult match up, so we'll see.

Honestly, this pool confuses me a bit. I feel that the skill ratio is highly skewed. But, whatever, it is what it is. My set with Strong Bad should be interesting, if I get to play him. I feel that we've both gotten a lot better since we last played. Plus, he's onto a new character. Exciting stuff.

Edit: Although, I'd rather play someone I haven't played before from across the country. I mean, what are the odds of that? :/
Looking at some of the other pools, ours seems to be one of the least stacked tbh. Unless I'm not recognizing someone, we have 3 solid players while some other pools have some people unseeded who could be 2nd seeds.

Zeikar

Smash Cadet
hello friends, I'm new around here and I've released my first ever mod EVER, but I think it's FANTASTIC musical improvement over Project M 3.6, ever thought bowser's Castle needed more then just Mario Kart music? never fear I gave the whole playlist Castle & Bowser appropriate music!! check it out here: http://smashboards.com/threads/zeikars-custom-music-project-m-3-6.415848/ BUT THAT'S NOT ALL, Significant changes to Luigi's Mansion, Yoshi's Island, Delfino's Secret, Hyrule Castle & MORE!!! Now there is a more complete playlist for Project M 3.6!!!!

Last edited:

Boiko

:drshrug:
Looking at some of the other pools, ours seems to be one of the least stacked tbh. Unless I'm not recognizing someone, we have 3 solid players while some other pools have some people unseeded who could be 2nd seeds.
Yeah, it's a bit of both. I just think that fracture should have been a second seed over a lot of other people. And Idk if you saw my edit about Strong Bad, but it's kind of lame that I had traveled to Texas and played him, now I'm traveling to Cali and playing him. Obviously the TOs wouldn't know that though.

D

Deleted member

Mfw you come up on me and you cant do anything cause your squirtle johns
its not my fault squirtle is ********- hell i tried to fix him before you even played the game

let's do a quick poll to see if more people like or dislike squirtle

you and i both know what the answer will be

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
anyone know who Ramos is and who he/she uses in PM? i play Ramos first round in my pool.

i'm really looking forward to Paragon, mainly to hang out with PMDT and PMS. my main goal is to at least not go 0-2 in pools especially because i have not played smash for a while

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero

Yessssssssss

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
anyone know who Ramos is and who he/she uses in PM? i play Ramos first round in my pool.

i'm really looking forward to Paragon, mainly to hang out with PMDT and PMS. my main goal is to at least not go 0-2 in pools especially because i have not played smash for a while
Roy Ramos?

My main goal is to berate Meiling enough till he cries big blubbering tears and has an realization that anime/waifus are dumb yo. Oh and look really strong while doing so.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Putting this ASL together is really giving me a workout. Everything keeps crashing, even when I think I have the right rel.

I've got a few working, but others are being stubborn, and some are just behaving weird.

Suzaku Castle (Smash U) over Jungle Japes (Final Destination rel): The water doesn't go away. And the water level is above the stage. Forever drowning.

Lavaville (Brawl Minus) over Norfair, no rel: The stage loads, but the background and hazards don't.

Arena Ferox 3DS over Castle Siege, no rel: The collisions load, but the graphics don't; so I'm walking inside the besieged castle.

75m (both Brawl Minus and Brawl) over Kongo Jungle: The only graphics are a single tiny red platform and an inactive fire bug, with the rest of the screen black. Collisions are fine.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
its not my fault squirtle is ********- hell i tried to fix him before you even played the game

let's do a quick poll to see if more people like or dislike squirtle

you and i both know what the answer will be
Considering i've played pm since 2.1 probably not, and your ideas of "fixing" would most likely be awful and take away one of the very few characters in the game that actually has flavor left

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I figured this would be inevitable, so I made a shiny skin for the Armored Charizard alt.

Two, in fact; to judge which people like more.
Here's the first one;
Shiny Armored Charizard.png

And here's the second one;
Shiny Armored Charizard II.png

Which one do you guys like more?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I figured this would be inevitable, so I made a shiny skin for the Armored Charizard alt.

Here's the first one;

Maybe try that red one with slightly less hue? I *think* it could look better than the black one, but right now it's just too colorful

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486

Here's the first one;

Black one is better, red armor is way too bright. Maybe make it more of a metalic crimson? I think it would look better than the black one with that sort of color

Top Bottom