• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

CORY

wut
BRoomer
bulk up a little (wanna look more like a soccer player. around that sort of physique) and good definition. i'm still working on mostly overall but my arms, delts, and lats are going to need more focus, just kinda based off my normal build. i'm around 135-138 just under 5'6 currently, want to max out at 160, but maybe not even hit that point?

mostly asking because my cardio is primarily me working on learning melbourne shuffle right now, which is about 30-45 minutes a day of rather intense movement (unless i'm dumb like yesterday and overdo something too early in...) and it's simpler for me to do that first, then rehydrate and move into the pushups/pullups/shoulderpresses/squats/lunges parts of the day. if it's more conducive to work the other way around, i'd rather know that and do it that way.

i know definition is going to depend more on eating habits once i hit my muscle/weight goal, just need to get to that point first.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Problem: This involves contracting an exotic disease. A: there aren't any around where I live, and B: That miiiiight incapacitate me. I still want to do stuff, just not go to a reunion with relatives I generally can't stand to be around for more than a day.

This sounds unlikely to convince my mother. She's far too aware of my materialistic habits to readily believe me going into a buddhist monastery.

Oh god, no. That's not what I want at all. I'd rather go to the reunion.

Not turning my life into an anime. I refuse. Anime is dumb, yo.

They've started boarding. Maybe I can ask to exchange my ticket to one that goes to Okinawa, and join one of the few relatives I actually like. I'm sure her boyfriend won't mind me interrupting the romantic getaway he's undoubtedly been planning for a long time, right?
>doesn't want to be an anime
>incestuous threesomes
it needs to be at least ok but as long as its not integrated graphics or a super cheap card you should be ok
Intel 5500?

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
@ CORY CORY I'd recommend doing your cardio after your lifts so that you have more energy to use for building muscle, which requires a lot of energy. By doing cardio first you're impeding your body's ability to build muscle by putting yourself in a catabolic state, which is the state in which your body cannibalizes your muscles for energy, and thus prevents you from lifting as much weight as you would otherwise be able to lift.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
bulk up a little (wanna look more like a soccer player. around that sort of physique) and good definition. i'm still working on mostly overall but my arms, delts, and lats are going to need more focus, just kinda based off my normal build. i'm around 135-138 just under 5'6 currently, want to max out at 160, but maybe not even hit that point?

mostly asking because my cardio is primarily me working on learning melbourne shuffle right now, which is about 30-45 minutes a day of rather intense movement (unless i'm dumb like yesterday and overdo something too early in...) and it's simpler for me to do that first, then rehydrate and move into the pushups/pullups/shoulderpresses/squats/lunges parts of the day. if it's more conducive to work the other way around, i'd rather know that and do it that way.

i know definition is going to depend more on eating habits once i hit my muscle/weight goal, just need to get to that point first.
If you're going for muscle growth/bulking, weightlifting is your primary focus. If your cardio is intense movement and has you breathing heavy and heart pumping, you want to do that after your weightlifting because you will go into your weightlifting energized first. If you do that type of cardio before weightlifting, you may not give it your all because you spent alot of energy in cardio and may be fatigued from it.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
@ CORY CORY I'd recommend doing your cardio after your lifts so that you have more energy to use for building muscle, which requires a lot of energy. By doing cardio first you're impeding your body's ability to build muscle by putting yourself in a catabolic state, which is the state in which your body cannibalizes your muscles for energy, and thus prevents you from lifting as much weight as you would otherwise be able to lift.
If you're going for muscle growth/bulking, weightlifting is your primary focus. If your cardio is intense movement and has you breathing heavy and heart pumping, you want to do that after your weightlifting because you will go into your weightlifting energized first. If you do that type of cardio before weightlifting, you may not give it your all because you spent alot of energy in cardio and may be fatigued from it.
cool, two opinions with the same plan and the thought processes behind them make sense. thanks, i'll work that way.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
RIP to possible sanity @Helsong hopefully there are bars and nightclubs or gaming stores or museums nearby lol.

Also @ Smooth Criminal Smooth Criminal you nerd who else you got in your Evo pool besides MJG just curious?

EDIT: MKX top 8 at CEO is up BTW. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxd-2FxFQ75rsUPEUGpdWcC9c_qAX6gGS
Darkmusician? If it's the same guy I'm thinking of, he was a Zelda main back in the Brawl days. Other than that I don't recognize anybody.

I'm worried about MJG, tbh. If he whips out EBT/Push/Trip Tree Villager, I'm in for a hard time.

Smooth Criminal

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Darkmusician? If it's the same guy I'm thinking of, he was a Zelda main back in the Brawl days. Other than that I don't recognize anybody.

I'm worried about MJG, tbh. If he whips out EBT/Push/Trip Tree Villager, I'm in for a hard time.

Smooth Criminal
Yeah Darkmusicman is the old brawl Zelda head from Hawaii. As for MJG have fun lol he also has a few pocket characters to bust out for bad MU's.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
My dad had some friends over and the young boy wants to watch Netflix. I jokingly say, "let's watch Cory in the house, it's my favorite anime".

The little girl ~10yrs old says she loves anime and is "...like addicted to manga anime..."[sic] She is starting One Piece.

PMS, do I recommend Boku?

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
>doesn't want to be an anime
>incestuous threesomes

Intel 5500?
give me a budget and i will find something for you

My dad had some friends over and the young boy wants to watch Netflix. I jokingly say, "let's watch Cory in the house, it's my favorite anime".

The little girl ~10yrs old says she loves anime and is "...like addicted to manga anime..."[sic] She is starting One Piece.

PMS, do I recommend Boku?
recomend Higurashi

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
give me a budget and i will find something for you

recomend Higurashi
There is no need, just tell me how awful 5500 is. I've seen the benchmarks compared to other things, but idk what that means in what games I can play. It isn't that I'm building a PC, it is I'm buying a laptop. And I just thought that playing Dolphin locally would be cool. Would I be able to play Starcraft and most modern games on low settings? (still get like 30fps)

Also, paranoia and murder, nice.

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Hey all, it's been a while. :)

Just wanted to say, I have updated my PM Archive with 2.6 Beta! No need to worry if you need to go back to any of the previous releases, they're all still there. Let me know if anyone runs into trouble with any downloads, and I'll see what I can do to fix it. :)

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
All these angry redditors are going to voat
but it's like run on a dead turnip and a ps1
make the smart decision and go to snapzu
it's pretty neat

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i just got called a F*g**t by some dude

how do i make it thru the rest of the my time here without ripping his goddamn head off, im gonna be here for another hour

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
When I first see @ Grey Belnades Grey Belnades at Evo he better be causally deadlifting 3 plate or I'll be pretty disappointed.
Be on the lookout for the guy looking really strong.

i just got called a F*g**t by some dude

how do i make it thru the rest of the my time here without ripping his goddamn head off, im gonna be here for another hour
Spear/Superman Punch him.

Top Bottom