• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I could care less about who or what gets added to Project M, or any Smash game, but c'mon. There's a difference in being designed to be menacing and designed to be horrifying (whether you or I or anyone else consider him menacing or horrifying or cute and cuddly or charming is irrelevant to what he was design to be).

Ridley is the former, not the latter.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
@standardtoaster

Is replacing my laptop's board for $40 a heck of a deal? Apparently the traces are too damaged.
Depends. Is that just a board you get in the mail or is that for paying someone to replace it including cost of parts and labor?

If it's the latter, that sounds pretty damn good to me if they actually fix it right and it was a decent laptop to start with.

Otherwise... Laptops are a huge pain in the ass to work with, especially since a lot of components are basically hardwired in to save space. DIY for laptops is certainly possible and doable, but it's so obnoxious that I personally probably wouldn't bother.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
That's kind of tough....

What's your current situation regarding those choices? Is your current PC kinda trash? Do you have a lot of time to play video games(and thus justify the console purchases)? Having more Melee/PM setups would help you run tournaments easier-is there a serious lack of them? Can you convince players to bring their setups in some way?
My current lap top is booty. Barely can run skype/watch a stream and play league at the same time. I bought it like 5 years ago to record off a dazzle, just got old.

This summer I'll have time to play more games, but tbh I think it'll be taken up by whenever the new fire emblem comes out. Thats why i generally look to get ps4 for xrd and other fightem games. But I also really want to do pm netplay so it's really hard haha.

On the setups, I currently have 2 cubes and one pm setup. I do run events every so often so more would always be helpful, but I don't really have space to store a crt for each one so I'm a little hesitant on getting more than kit one more cube/wii.

I'll have to get a monitor for either ps4 or a new pc, so I might just order that for now, then wait for one more paycheck and then go all out on a good pc, or ps4+fight stick

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
My current lap top is booty. Barely can run skype/watch a stream and play league at the same time. I bought it like 5 years ago to record off a dazzle, just got old.

This summer I'll have time to play more games, but tbh I think it'll be taken up by whenever the new fire emblem comes out. Thats why i generally look to get ps4 for xrd and other fightem games. But I also really want to do pm netplay so it's really hard haha.

On the setups, I currently have 2 cubes and one pm setup. I do run events every so often so more would always be helpful, but I don't really have space to store a crt for each one so I'm a little hesitant on getting more than kit one more cube/wii.

I'll have to get a monitor for either ps4 or a new pc, so I might just order that for now, then wait for one more paycheck and then go all out on a good pc, or ps4+fight stick
Or
Buy monitor
Buy wii2hdmi
Enjoy glorious monitor masterrace lightness and smooth as **** pm visuals

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
Yooo it's been a while
I hope everyone's having a baller weekend
Hopefully doing something nice for your hot anime mom
Or anyone else you love and care about

Speaking of anime
Anybody watch samurai flamenco?
It's a great deconstruction of tokusatsu
But it's still a pretty average anime.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Depends. Is that just a board you get in the mail or is that for paying someone to replace it including cost of parts and labor?

If it's the latter, that sounds pretty damn good to me if they actually fix it right and it was a decent laptop to start with.

Otherwise... Laptops are a huge pain in the *** to work with, especially since a lot of components are basically hardwired in to save space. DIY for laptops is certainly possible and doable, but it's so obnoxious that I personally probably wouldn't bother.
It's the latter. I'm not in a huge rush to fix it but it is my favorite laptop of the two that I have. It has all my fanfics comics, games, and wrestling related material.

Fique

Smash Rookie
everyone keeps saying the roller is the best, but I was playing with people who understood that you can shoot people who have it
I only ever played with the regular splattershot loadout and was consistently getting the best k/d ratios on my team.

I feel like being able to see opponents' team-super-jump markers was a bit stupid though. They were super easy to camp and felt very unfair.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
I have ascended to the next level, My ***** Carpal and I on smashladder tonight had a brain storming session while high that through a series of incredible timing and opposing views about the game caused us to both realize that I, who had watched a ton of videos and stuff and played sonic had learned to play neutral so my punish game and pressure upon approaching game was something i couldnt even understand till recently. He on the other hand plays zelda and hid his lack of neutral game through some decent dash dancing when people got too close for dins and constant dins pressure while stuffing the forced approaches into an honestly incredible punish game. He has parts of a neutral game but didnt understand it. I learned my neutral game 2 months in so my punish game sucked. Basically i was playing someone named daedalus who told me that he uste just run at people and eventually he was applying so much pressure that he broke through a wall and saw the neutral game. Carpal messaged me like 20 minutes after having this talk and was asking me a bunch of questions which i answered over and over untill he reached a question that i answered, to which he replied with the same question, and i replied with the same answer. We had reached the center and started to try and dumb it down for eachother eventually it clicked for me, carpal had JUST broken through that wall, this person i thought and i guess still do think is a great player didnt understand neutral untill tonight. I typed this to him and it clicked and we realized that we had both learned different sides of the same coin. We had dug 2 tunnels that literally collided with eachother at the exact same time and it became like his half of the game was mine and my half of the game was his. We then played for 2 hours or so and by the end, this person whod been 3-4 stocking me for months was being taken down to last stock consistently for the last few games. We had literally just both gotten good together at the exact same time.
tl:dr how to become smash blood rivals. I started typing this before the site went down and now im going to bed so i can wake up tomorrow happy as ****. and shout outs to DrinkingFood for playing me every night this last week for 2-3 hours and making it all possible to begin with. and shout outs to marijuana now i know why Morgan Freeman said to "Never give up the ganja"
tl;dr of your post.jpg:
sorry to break it to you, but he's a robot. i think those are literally soulless pieces of metal, almost by definition...

...You go on and keep thinking that.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
GG XRD ( Patch 1.0) is on levelup twitch right now top 8 watch some anime if your not busy nerds.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
LMAO don't worry bro MKX will be here to coddle you asleep soon after top 8 but Potemkin is here to come and grip dudes.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
So I've been up for a good 31 hours now.

I just hit that point where you aren't tired anymore so I could reasonably stay up.

But **** that, I'm going to sleep.
Good night you beautiful people.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Leffen vs M2K in R2 winners
Mango vs Westballz in R2 losers

lmao what the **** is this tournament

Helsong

Smash Ace
Mango got DQ'd. So did S2J and Hax, so they're in losers bracket now. Don't be late to your tournaments, kids.
But seriously, this tourney is kinda stacked.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
how is shroomed so fantastic at all of sheik's bad matchups

like between this set vs. fly and his set at apex vs. hbox he makes them look 5-5

Bazkip

Smash Master
Mango got DQ'd. So did S2J and Hax, so they're in losers bracket now. Don't be late to your tournaments, kids.
But seriously, this tourney is kinda stacked.
I know but it's still wonky.
Now it's Mango vs Hax in losers.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
And then Fly makes an 0-2 comeback on Shroomed.
Ah man, I don't watch tournaments enough. It feels nice not having to worry about other stuff and just curl up in bed with some tea and Smash streams.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
This top 16 has one too many Elphelt in it. Hopefully the patch's gonna change this dire situation.
That was the last 1.0 tourney so maybe but she still hella good. Folks can never escape the wedding dress army.

Bazkip

Smash Master
WINNER OF MANGO VS HAX PLAYS LEFFEN AND THIS IS ALL OUT OF TOP 8 WTFFFFFFFFF

Hbox must be thinking "Wow free trip to Grand Finals" lmao

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I mentioned being humanoid because that trait immediately conveys the idea of being sentient and having at least some sort persona.
Whereas with anything that is a creature or something else, their character has to be shown through their expressions and how they act, etc.

And I didn't say those were all necessary criteria, I said all other characters have at least one of those things that make them feel like characters as opposed to something like ridley, who appears to have none of what I mentioned.

With charm being debatable I suppose. I myself certainly don't get how you'd be charmed by shrill screeches, soulless eyes, and a gaping maw...
So yeah, not the biggest fan of monsters; they're usually pretty uninteresting when compared to say, the antagonist who is probably responsible for them. However, I do know they have their place. I just don't think it's on this cast of colorful characters, where none of which were designed to horrify.
Yeah, fair enough.

Top Bottom