• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
The problem here is that "accessibility" as a concept with regards to game design isn't really an objective thing; for example, you and Strong Bad seem to think that accessibility is necessarily related to "low-level" stuff and is separate from measurements of difficulty or intuitiveness with regards to high level play, whereas I think that those latter concepts are more or less synonymous with accessibility, which is a thing that can be measured at all levels of play.

Because this is a subjective thing, I don't really think any of us are wrong - I think that the ideas we're expressing are all more or less valid, but the disagreement is based more on who's using what word where, which kind of doesn't matter.
That's a fair bit of what I was getting at lol, and kind of what I figured you may have meant. I'll have more fish puns for next time >_> lord you've baited someone who loves the aquarist hobby, oiy these puns are bad even by my standards.

To clarify however, that wasn't the full picture, save for absolutely ridiculous and nonsensical requirements, high-level play in video-games requires that the pre-requisite tech be mastered before you can combine, or understand the applications of, most of the aforementioned micro-interactions. In smash, and what Magus posted for example, these tend to be simple extensions of the interactions between two character properties, whether this relates to spacing or being/ getting combo'd is irrelevant. Because of this there's rarely any kind of high-level interaction that would be considered technically inaccessible on a base level, and also in-part because the requirements to perform at levels in which these interactions matter dictate a level of tech and understanding that is more-than-sufficient to master said quirks. In other words, what Magus posted is a simple interaction that can be observed through experimentation against an opponent competent at DI-ing, and it may seem less-than-accessible or intuitive (to me it makes perfect sense /shrug) from the outside in, but to someone at a higher-level of understanding is simply something to be applied as a potential mix-up against an opponent. The only reason I'm clarifying here is simple, there's nothing technically demanding about what Magus suggested, there's no issue of accessibility short of a lack of core-game-mechanic comprehension, which cannot be accounted for by any real measure of a game's accessibility without insinuating a heavy relation between the concepts of depth/skill-ceiling and accessibility which are, for the most part, two independent aspects of a title (once again this relies on not taking something to unrealistic absurdities).

B.W.

Smash Champion
me too man

how old are you even
With a name like ~Dad~ anywhere between 14 and not alive anymore is my guess.

Honestly I was just worried she might be someone's gf or sister or something on here.
Honestly who cares. If you think a girl is attractive ****ing say so imo. Just don't be weird about it... And definitely don't open up with **** like "You've gotta nice bum."

Last edited:

Ramz289

Smash Journeyman
I always get this weird unsatisfying relief whenever i catch up with this thread..
There's like five things I wanted to comment on but, like, why live even?

You guys talked about street fighter for a bit so I'll just say the obligatory "**** Capcom" and go to to sleep.
Oh yeah and Warhusbano HYYYYPEE!!!

RIP in peace @ falcon PUNCH!!! falcon PUNCH!!!
I wish you'd space your ****posting better so you wouldn't get rekd so fast :(

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Intellectual "property", a completely positive institution with no foundation in the natural law, is splitting our community apart. If only the modern, Hobbesian state didn't have these draconic, idea-monopoly laws.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Intellectual "property", a completely positive institution with no foundation in the natural law, is splitting our community apart. If only the modern, Hobbesian state didn't have these draconic, idea-monopoly laws.
In other words

People are dumb. This sucks, guys.

Smooth Criminal

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
It is pretty ****ed up. My brother was trying to explain to me that there are laws now that protect any created thing you can imagine, upon its inception; like you don't have to get it copyrighted or patented or something. I don't even know how that works but I don't know if it's awesome or terrifying.

Last edited:

Motobug

Project M/+ community leader
Man, I'm so pissed that PM isn't at SmashCon. This HUGE venue, with live music and all this cool stuff, and it just ignores the 2nd largest scene in smash.

Like wtf I just wanna use a non-annoying Sonic in tourney

Actually that's kinda an oxymoron

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
So Smashcon has no PM....

Not having PM at SmashCon would be like EVO without Marvel but....

Surely there's a more productive and less inflammatory way to respond to this aside from tweeting things and complaining on the boards.

D

Deleted member

don't know why you don't use this baby right here

twist locking is actually useful for reverse pseudo waveshine up smashes

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
guys, I'm looking for a controller like Darkrain's

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Has Nintendo ever addressed PM specifically, or is all this ignoring of PM really just by precautions from the community? This is getting ridiculous.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Everyone should just tag gimr in a post and tell him to stop claiming to support the entire smash community when he's clearly not

Top Bottom