• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Come on guys, stop ideally chit chatting, this is a social thread.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
My car has an oil leak

Idk if it will be fixed

How will I go drown my sorrows with other people's alcohol now? :c

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Ah, the classic "font size change **** can't remember the default font size i'll just choose size four and hope no one notices"
In all fairness, default font size isn't an option. You have to work some serious magic (via copy paste) to get default size back.
size 3 is the closest but still smaller, enough to trigger ocd in some cases

ernesth200

Smash Rookie
I played this at my friends house once. It kept freezing the Wii. I wonder if they'll Mod this for Wii U Smash

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
So I was in the Melee Social FB group just now, and someone asked why black people always seem to gravitate to Doctor Mario. Inevitably, he got heckled a bit, and it was all in good fun, but then the OP one-upped EVERYONE with this gem:
"It's not being racist. I'm not calling doc players any names. I'm not judging players. I'm simply questioning motives. Something racist would be like '****** play doc because that's the closest they will ever get to getting a degree.' Now that's racist. I'm simply asking a question."(which he was)

Needless to say, that comment has over 30 likes and counting now, and the thread is derailing steadily.

Last edited:

Exodo

Smash Ace
why does Ganons cape suck so much? its way easier to power shield than deflecting with that **** seriously........ i used warlock punch more than im using the cape, THOUGH i still prefer the NEW Ganon way better i would say that the cape needs some serious fixing.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
So I was in the Melee Social FB group just now, and someone asked why black people always seem to gravitate to Doctor Mario. Inevitably, he got heckled a bit, and it was all in good fun, but then the OP one-upped EVERYONE with this gem:
"It's not being racist. I'm not calling doc players any names. I'm not judging players. I'm simply questioning motives. Something racist would be like '*****z play doc because that's the closest they will ever get to getting a degree.' Now that's racist. I'm simply asking a question."(which he was)

Needless to say, that comment has over 30 likes and counting now, and the thread is derailing steadily.
I thought that thread was melee hell

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
"It's not being racist. I'm not calling doc players any names. I'm not judging players. I'm simply questioning motives. Something racist would be like '*****z play doc because that's the closest they will ever get to getting a degree.' Now that's racist. I'm simply asking a question."(which he was)

Please

Every Brother has a Falco

This is a true statement

Edit: Also I see you lurking @~Dad~ , get in the goddamn hangout and talk about marth cgs with us

Last edited:

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
I know four black Smashers irl.

They play Ness, Yoshi, Olimar, and Kirby.

...Albiet this is PM we're talking about.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Not salty at all lol

Xanadu is bad and always will be bad

Guys need to get your **** together plz, and stop letting Reslived commentate
MD/VA is actually gdlk. There are very few regions that could stand up to them in an 8v8. Maybe only Texas; most regions start tapering off after around 5 players.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Please do.
Got off work early cause of New Year's Eve and what not and no work tomorrow. I read the Sakurai article twice and this is what I have to say on it.

First and foremost I love Sakurai's games and the man has created one the biggest popular franchises of all time and in terms of fanbase within the fighting game world it's huge in fans with most games clawing at the feet for all the while simultaneously help creating it's own sub genera of fighting game that also align itself as platforming game at times and a party game but I'm reading the man is tired of the crap based on what he said. His whole smash doesn't have a competitive future comment is a load of nonsense but if we are talking about a smash game that focuses on competitiveness only he's not in the wrong, it's just the way he said that irks me and several other people and since the series took off since melee he develop a mad ego of sorts which I can't knock him on it but it can gives off a arrogant vibe at times. His whole pleasing both casuals and hardcore players is excellent but his anti competitive stance along with his design philosophy also hurts the player so much that he tries to protect the player sadly especially in the category of games which is competitive in nature and the simple harshness that goes hand in hand with it and niche to say the least. Sakurai also not letting others touching the series unless he is involved is understandable cause that's his baby but his stubbornness can also bite him in the butt and with looking at interviews and articles throughout the years he contradicts himself like crazy at times. I honestly think he needs to take a long break and step down or something to an position in which he can watch over the series at least.

Last edited:

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
I'm more amazed at how people continually expect a different answer to the same questions. Sakurai really didn't say anything he hasn't already said a hundred times since melee's release, why are people acting like it's news?

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
He should just supervise and give creative input.

...while having nothing to do with balance.
That's what I expected from Sm4sh, what with how Namco was part of it's development. They seem to do fairly well with things like Tekken, so I kind of assumed that they would have more of a say in Smash, but it feels like Sakurai was the main idea-man in everything.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I'm more amazed at how people continually expect a different answer to the same questions. Sakurai really didn't say anything he hasn't already said a hundred times since melee's release, why are people acting like it's news?
Cause nerds got some glimmer of hope that he will change his ways.
That's what I expected from Sm4sh, what with how Namco was part of it's development. They seem to do fairly well with things like Tekken, so I kind of assumed that they would have more of a say in Smash, but it feels like Sakurai was the main idea-man in everything.
I was hoping for that as well and Harada the producer of Tekken cower over Sakurai and bop him over the head with a Electric Wind God Fist if he did something stupid till he got it right but Namco Bandai was there for the manpower. And if there was more Tekken/Soul Calibur influence then they would be just frames like EWGF like a mofo.

Top Bottom