• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Was that other player in that gif probly doing the wrong thing by letting the girl charge up the ball in the corner?

Balls moving quickly reminds me of pong, that one other game with blocks, and this

Last edited:

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Was that other player in that gif probly doing the wrong thing by letting the girl charge up the ball in the corner?
Yes and no. You kinda have to approach someone building meter like that carefully. Of course, he could've moved to hit it into HIS corner to build up his own meter and speed instead of right back at me, haha. It's a delicate balance.

Also what a ripoff Pokemon Stadium 2's Mr Mime Balls to the Walls minigame

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Yes and no. You kinda have to approach someone building meter like that carefully. Of course, he could've moved to hit it into HIS corner to build up his own meter and speed instead of right back at me, haha. It's a delicate balance.

Also what a ripoff Pokemon Stadium 2's Mr Mime Balls to the Walls minigame
I'll def. start playing that game once it's free

And Mr. Mime balls wasn't as good (though as an imaginary hipster I shall concede their doing it firstness before it was cool)

Also I just realized, sometimes people complain about "ugh, why do people say Me-lee". And even Maximiliandude is saying it Mele. One person also asked me to look it up and so I could tell them about how it's French and stuff. Even after all that I didn't care much and thought it was fine for people to say it like that, but then I freaking forgot that the announcer screams the correct pronunciation for 5 seconds long. If I talk to Max IRL I'll have that sound byte ready on my phone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eajoen8TeT8#t=82

Actually now I got a funny video idea

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
The reason you don't see many people building laptops is because they aren't meant to be powerful computers. You mainly get a laptop for the portability factor and battery life, with the intention of using it mainly for work. Desktops can be used for much more as well as for work.
My laptop has none of those things, but it can run games well, I have no idea why it even is a laptop at all.

Last edited:

JOE!

Smash Hero
Can Pal users soft mod their wii to play the ntsc version?

Also @ JOE! JOE! what do you want to know about stages?
I'm trying to edit GHZ s textures, but after trying to replace the textures on the loop everything goes haywire. Like, a texture I had on the platforms suddenly is on the sky and stuff.

Any idea what demon I awoke here?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Has anyone played Jedi Outcast? I really want to revive the scene for it, was such an amazing game with an amazing community.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
:S

Seriously? so like... just install homebrew via methods that are currently safe and easy? and then the dl the full pm set? boot mii for good measure?

And yet people complain about no pal..? I'm so confused :(

There has to be some downside I'm missing.
This way requires either a NTSC brawl on a >=16Go usb device or a NTSC Brawl CD that you can't buy in stores. While it's not the end of the world, it's still more tedious than the american way which only requires a SD card.

And yeah bootmii is the ****, never have to touch a wiimote ever again.

Kati

Smash Lord
I'm trying to edit GHZ s textures, but after trying to replace the textures on the loop everything goes haywire. Like, a texture I had on the platforms suddenly is on the sky and stuff.

Any idea what demon I awoke here?
I've had stuff like that happen before... hmm

Texture files are not only located in [texturedata(x)] but also the model data trees. Simple texture replacement does not require one to pay attention to the latter, but make sure you can find the sky texture in both. Whenever there is a missing texture, the game will try to fill it in with something else. Sometimes it gets so desperate that if one pauses, textures from the pause screen such as the button legend will be applied to the stage >__>

But anyways, also make sure that when you are replacing textures, that it retains the same format and other bits of info (seen under the resolution specs).

I've done a bit of work with GHZ, so you can go into more detail concerning your method or w/e.

This way requires either a NTSC brawl on a >=16Go usb device or a NTSC Brawl CD that you can't buy in stores. While it's not the end of the world, it's still more tedious than the american way which only requires a SD card.

And yeah bootmii is the ****, never have to touch a wiimote ever again.
ohhh I just figured that a pal disc would work as homebrew would magically bypass region stuff like it did for a japan disc I had.

okay that makes a lot more sense.

bootmii 4 life. I've lost track of how many consoles I've soft modded and I've almost eradicated wii motes and sensor bars at our locals.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Shoutouts to people that thought the the Shulk was some sort of combo of Little Mac and Robin's hair or whatever. Sometimes people just reach too hard.
Well to be fair, it does match up quite well. Maybe they used Little Mac's face as a base for Shulk's model. It's not too far-fetched.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
At our last AZ asu weekly, I was trying to just cook food for the venue (we had like 50 people on the first week), and my match was called so I put my pan in the sink.

I literally scrubbed the dish so hard that the steam set off the fire-alarm.

I'm not going to even try to cook for the weekly for a while, so hopefully I don't do it again tomorrow. Who knows though, a lot of dishes get scrubbed.
I think you're taking AZ chants too literally.

While Shulk isn't the coolest character in Xenoblade Chronicles, I would be kidding myself if I thought anybody else had a chance of getting into Smash before him. Dunban for Smash 5 :yeahboi:
But in all seriousness, I'm glad to see Xenoblade being represented in Smash. Fantastic RPG, one of the best games for the Wii period. Can't wait for the sequel. New Smash, new Xenoblade, and new Zelda are basically the three big reasons I'm getting a Wii U.

Last edited:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Edit:
I had a huge momentary lack of reasoning... sorry for the double post.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Great, the Incredible Shulk basically confirmed the leak is real, so now we're probably gettjmg the Duck Hunt Dog, Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, Bowser Jr., and like one or two vets.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337

While Shulk isn't the coolest character in Xenoblade Chronicles, I would be kidding myself if I thought anybody else had a chance of getting into Smash before him. Dunban for Smash 5 :yeahboi:
But in all seriousness, I'm glad to see Xenoblade being represented in Smash. Fantastic RPG, one of the best games for the Wii period. Can't wait for the sequel. New Smash, new Xenoblade, and new Zelda are basically the three big reasons I'm getting a Wii U.
but but Super Ganaiyan in HW

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer

The Monado in all its HD glory. To be honest, I'm really excited to see the Wii U version of Smash 4. It's going to look beautiful.

Vashimus

Smash Master
So the leak was right. Same artwork. 48 character roster is pretty beefy.

Time to actually play through Xenoblade now since it's been collecting dust for over a year.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Hey, for anybody that plays Pokemon Showdown, how does one rip videos from battle replays to put on youtube? I want to show the world how clumsy I am.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I think you're taking AZ chants too literally:yeahboi:
You can never take our chants too literally

I'm hyped for the new 3ds, but I don't know how I'd afford it. Maybe if game stop has good deals on trade ins.

College Books are too expencive, can't waste money on fun things.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Clinical research trials, sell your body to science!
Actually though, this is how I'm affording my Wii U. $600 to test a flu vaccine. I'll do another to get the new 3DS when it comes out.

I'm glad I got my 3DS at release and not just now. This makes me feel not bad about knowing I'm getting the new 3DS as soon as gets out. I work in a game store, so if I were all the people that I've sold 3DS's to in the past few weeks I would be miffed.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I really want to see if Nintendo is dumb enough to make more than a few games exclusive to New 3DS with its faster processing power. They can't afford to lose that many sales now. The Circle Pad Pro needs to see a greater release for both regular and XL if they really want to push this feature.

I have two systems already, getting a third for a crappy version of the C-Stick (by the looks of it) when current gen will be going strong in 2015 is a big no.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
It would be wise to offer some sort of deal to exchange in old DSes.

Then Nintendo gets back the old 3ds and dismantles them and turn them into new 3ds.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
You can never take our chants too literally

I'm hyped for the new 3ds, but I don't know how I'd afford it. Maybe if game stop has good deals on trade ins.

College Books are too expencive, can't waste money on fun things.
I'm so glad that UWEC is partnered with Barnes and Noble. I'm able to get almost all of my books each semester for a total of less than 250. I actually got the books I needed for 4 classes for around $20 because of this. :3c

Last edited:

Wolf_

Smash Journeyman
I suggest talking to Y_L he is the one who made this thread

http://smashboards.com/threads/proj...l-setup-optimization-guide-redesigned.346700/

I used to have a **** computer, but he told me all the parts that needed upgrading and even showed me the cheapest place to get them. Then he walked me through upgrading my computer using the netplay chat.
You can if you are okay with spending FAR more money on what will ultimately be an inferior product.
And it seems overwhelming, but there are tons of people on this site alone that are willing to help not to mention the rest of the internet (you can find plenty of resources for beginners that will explain computer stuff in plain detail), even better if you have a friend or family member with experience.
Thanks for the info guys, I'll take a look at that thread to start!

Top Bottom