• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Ok, I bought the bottle. At least I have that. Now I just need 1500 Rupees in 4 days so I can get the heart piece and treasure chart.
Time to become the Hero of Postage.
Edit: Crap I max out at 1000

Last edited:

Wolf_

Smash Journeyman
Well I got 4th last night not using Link once, so my secondaries aren't that bad, just gotta keep practicing them

Wolf_

Smash Journeyman
Did you playas ganon
Nope, I used Fox mostly, and I also used ZSS and Roy, the combination won me some games, I SD'ed on my last stock game 3 though in loser semi's, Fox side-B off stage -_- that just shows I need to use Fox in tournament more to keep my techskill together, especially cause I beat some people with Fox in friendlies that I lost to in tournament

All the matches I lost though were down to 1 stock though, and I actually did a hell of a lot better against Mario players with ZSS than I usually do with Link haha so I think with that matchup I might just use ZSS from now on

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
That feel when you make more money playing children's games than being a postman.

Edit: Like seriously, will the piece of heart go away forever?
Edit2: Screw this junk. Gonna play Dotes

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I've googled it and It just tells me the items he has. Not if he disappears forever. Miyamoto wants me to work together with my friends.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Postman wages are terrible. I can't get higher than 28. Not gonna become frame perfect at the mail game either.
28 an hour? That's good doe
Edit: especially for a 15 year old... jesus

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I'M NOT THAT GOOD GUYS *wins every tournament* HONESTLY I'M KIND OF BAD *becomes president* REALLY THIS HAS ALL BEEN LUCKY SO FAR *cures cancer*

Lizalfos

Smash Master
28 an hour? That's good doe
Edit: especially for a 15 year old... jesus
Yeah, 28 if I ever get that high again. What if at work they told you that you don't get paid because you didn't do as well as you did last time. Its more comparable to winning a 28 dollar lottery than anything. You also have to consider that animal bait costs 30 rupees. Considering day night cycles in LoZ games, I might get 28 rupees twice a day if I'm lucky. Then you also have to consider that that is the same amount that the new employee is likely getting paid the same amount to live independently (if not less, because Link is a legend among postmen).

Edit: Consider you make more money playing a CHILDREN'S GAME. Deep subliminal messaging from Nintendo.

Panic over. Beedle eventually re-opens the shop.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Yeah, 28 if I ever get that high again. What if at work they told you that you don't get paid because you didn't do as well as you did last time. Its more comparable to winning a 28 dollar lottery than anything. You also have to consider that animal bait costs 30 rupees. Considering day night cycles in LoZ games, I might get 28 rupees twice a day if I'm lucky. Then you also have to consider that that is the same amount that the new employee is likely getting paid the same amount to live independently (if not less, because Link is a Legend among postmen).

I'm dumb.

I'm also surprised there's no labor unions in Hyrule. When gambling, cutting bushes and opening random chests is a more effective way of making money, there's something wrong.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm actually playing with one of the more notable Brawl Mario players in the Tampa region (going further, possibly the best one in the South overall). He's pretty good at all of the Smash games, so playing against him should help me shake the rust off.

Smooth Criminal

Wolf_

Smash Journeyman
I think next week I'm gonna go back to Link, then the week after go back to Fox, Roy and ZSS

I definitely want to have viable secondaries, I feel like in the long run you're gonna need it, but not as a character counterpick, more as a stage counterpick.

NickRiddle does this really well by switching to Bowser for small stages, I plan on doing that with one of my secondaries, I just can't beat Marth on small stages, I can handle KDJ on big ones, but even Sora beats me on small stages, 1 grab is all it takes to be offstage and then you're dead

EDIT:

Side-note, how does Roy do against Marth? Just curious cause I kinda want to try it out

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
I'M NOT THAT GOOD GUYS *wins every tournament* HONESTLY I'M KIND OF BAD *becomes president* REALLY THIS HAS ALL BEEN LUCKY SO FAR *cures cancer*
Better humility, than hubris, like a lot of "top" players have.

So I have been thinking about this for a while but does anything think over time we lose ourselves to the competitive nature of smash with the hunger and/or egos that occupy it and that we relinquish our casual side so long ago? I've have been seeing this lately in my local area and trying to find a balance so I don't have my ego and my competitive hunger overtake me.
The inverse for me.

I've gotten MORE focused on important livelihood-relevant stuff like bills, career, and residency than less, like most of this community.

Nevermind the previous post. Let's recommend anime again. Or critic it. Or do anything involving stuff not Project M-like becuz social thread.
Yes. Full Metal Panic.
Live and breathe it.

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Roy does ok vs Marth, usually comes down to whoever is playing better.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
when he jumps up on the middle platform, i swear to god it looks like he teleports. i was all "HOLY **** WOBBLES IS GOKU! INSTANT TRANSMISSION WITH IC'S OH MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGAAAAAAAAAAAWD!"

also, scornful ringed humback whale is an incredible name for this gif. gg, gfy.
So that was ICs FH to DJ being timed at the right height to land almost instantly right? Not a WL?

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I need different characters to play, I feel like I'm destroying my hands playing only spacies.
Maybe I'll learn peach/samus.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
now go to a region that constantly makes PM footage pls
twitch.tv/lafayettesmash
youtube.com/user/lafayettesmash
youtube.com/user/localareagaminggroup
LafayetteSmash has a monthly tomorrow. they do biweeklies too, tho I don't go to those.
the issue isn't lack of footage, it's lack of viewers
Shreveport is even having paid entry weeklies starting next month, which I believe they can stream, so i'Il be going to as many of those as I can. Louisiana scene growing a lot lately.

Last edited:
Top Bottom