• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
oh. darn, now my joke isn't as funny ;;

I respect yr ROB even more now. this is likely b/c I saw the first thirty seconds from here

destroying diddy players, yer doin' god's work

Last edited:

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Finally back after 9 hours of the hotel's internet servers being down, stupid ****

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
**** off, I dont want any stalkers that have nothing to do with their own lives

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Another thing...

I don't know if it's just falco or 3.0-3.02, but I swear there's a drastic difference in feel.

3.0 Faclo feels heavier and less responsive than 3.02, and the timing for somethings are different. Am I crazy? Isn't anyone else noticing this?
I haven't played 3.0 recently, but it's possible you could be right. Marth's aerial animations were slightly changed every version.
I'd only be worried if 3.0 felt better than 3.02
I need different characters to play, I feel like I'm destroying my hands playing only spacies.
Maybe I'll learn peach/samus.
Which hand hurts more? Record your hands while you play and I'll analyze

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Which hand hurts more? Record your hands while you play and I'll analyze
Bad bones/joints runs pretty deep in my family so I expected some problems (i already have serious problems with my right elbow/knee/hip from a skating accident) but I didn't think It'd get bad before i was in my late 20's.

Its weird, because I feel a stress/pain in the metacarpal bone-areas of my pinky/ring fingers. I don't even use them, but I think I might just be gripping too hard. The only times I ever really move them is if I rotate my right index into a claw position for certain techs and the rest of my hand moves with it. I do like shake the controller when doing multi shines to get my thumb from Y to B just a few frames faster.

Its mostly in my left hand while playing, and my right hand while doing other stuff (like i feel hand stress while just using my mouse, i think its my grip)

I'll spend the next few days trying to loosen up the tension in my hands while I play, it might help.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
What was the skating accident? Do you WD with L or R? Do you think you'll be able to record your hands?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I dropped into a bowl and ate it, landed on my right side. happened a few years ago, still have a bit of elbow/hip pain when doing certain movements and my right knee-cap is slightly mis-aligned.

I wavedash with L, and only use R for footstools and powershields in Melee (no spring). I'll be able to record my hands, what is your system? you put it on a chair over your shoulder and sit on the ground?

Player -0

Smash Hero
Shouldn't JSalt be higher than you?

He has more games but has the same winrate. Technically more games means less randomness or outliers to the thing.

DrinkingFood:
Wins - 29
Losses - 8
Win % - 78
Score - 2146

JSalt:
Wins - 40
Losses - 11
Win % - 78
Score - 2120

JSalt has 11 more wins and 3 more losses compared to you but has 26 less points. Are notable players that are beat a factor in the score?
Bruh. We went 50:50all the way (I was totally counting). Until I was like, yay random bowser, and you picked Metaknight. Who does that.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I dropped into a bowl and ate it, landed on my right side. happened a few years ago, still have a bit of elbow/hip pain when doing certain movements and my right knee-cap is slightly mis-aligned.

I wavedash with L, and only use R for footstools and powershields in Melee (no spring). I'll be able to record my hands, what is your system? you put it on a chair over your shoulder and sit on the ground?
I was into skating just a bit as most of my friends were during middleschool/highschool but never got a decent board to start getting at all serious, my friend had this awesome feeling light board he "found" or something beyond owning 1 or 2 himself; ends up he gives it to one of my other friends when I was gonna ask him for it/buy it. Eventually most of us stopped caring about skating, if I had that board though I'm sure I woulda got more into it but wonder if I saved myself any bad falls (though there's worse problems you get pushing carts for 8 hours and stuff anyways)

Yeah the chair, you could also capture card the footage and sync

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Are notable players that are beat a factor in the score?
Yes, I am more consistent against other top players. But at the most recent tourney I lost to Lee after he randomly picked up sheik. Not sure how drastically that's going to affect the PR, might put us really really close to a 3 way tie.

Bazkip

Smash Master
twitch.tv/lafayettesmash
youtube.com/user/lafayettesmash
youtube.com/user/localareagaminggroup
LafayetteSmash has a monthly tomorrow. they do biweeklies too, tho I don't go to those.
the issue isn't lack of footage, it's lack of viewers
Shreveport is even having paid entry weeklies starting next month, which I believe they can stream, so i'Il be going to as many of those as I can. Louisiana scene growing a lot lately.
Why are the Youtube uploads split into separate matches, with no audio?

Worst possible way to present a set to viewers.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
okay okay okay. there has to be at least one person who knows the name "vince russo" here

a pro wrestling fundraiser actually got him to try and book their silly simulator shows. he's booked at least one chicken on a pole match

http://www.hitbox.tv/newLEGACYinc

as someone who's understood inner-bits of wrestling for so long this is SURREAL

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Why are the Youtube uploads split into separate matches, with no audio?

Worst possible way to present a set to viewers.
Thats how Melee used to be

I remember searching through youtube trying to find game3 of 3 of sets because they we rarely uploaded to channels in order, and weren't always in the suggested videos. New youtube makes things easier, although i question why someone would do that now (theres no real video time limit, is there?)

@ SpiderMad SpiderMad like 2 min of my hands while playing wolf
I didn't have my laptop up on my dazzle and i didn't feel like moving it, so I didn't capture it/sync anything.
I know did double shines, up-ledge stalls, jumping out of shines (I drag my thumb across b>x), one off stage shine turnaround bair (i claw for it). I didn't do any DACUS's (I swipe cstick>a, don't have an extra attack button set).
Its probably just me gripping too hard and pressing L too hard for everything. recording hands and syncing them during a set sounds fun actually, I might try that next time I do serious sets that i want to record.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
Thats how Melee used to be

I remember searching through youtube trying to find game3 of 3 of sets because they we rarely uploaded to channels in order, and weren't always in the suggested videos. New youtube makes things easier, although i question why someone would do that now (theres no real video time limit, is there?)
I know. It's terrible. I'm glad it's gone. Let's not bring it back.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
The video shows up fine for me.

People are giving us matches to watch, it doesn't have sound because of technical issues at the venue most likely, why not just enjoy they exist instead of chastising the creators for doing things unusually? The video quality is decent, these could be way worse by YouTube standards.

Professional wrestling as a sport entertainment product is probably less enjoyable than watching this fantasy spreadsheet with accurate play-by-play commentary. At least each match flies by after a few clicks rather than dwelled on for melodrama. The fighting over the scenario details was pretty funny admittedly, I hope they make a good amount for charity.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
SC, who do you play in PM?

JK, they have PM icons now, forgot, looooool
Actually, Yars, I play DDD more than M2. Bit of a misnomer there, haha. I was super stoked at the inclusion of M2 back when. I just plugged him in for the hell of it when they added icon support for PM

I did pretty garb in PM, not gonna lie. My buddy Monk/Honky/Banana (the aforementioned Mario) cleaned my clock reaaaaaal good. It was like I wasn't even holding my controller at times---no DI, no RAR, no fancy ****, nothing saved me. Sedentary rock in my hands for a controller. I don't know this game yet, and it showed. Sheik was my only saving grace; a lot of my Melee shenanigans translated over for the most part. I was actually able to take off games with her, haha.

(PM 'Dorf dittos are the best dittos, btw.)

Melee, on the other hand, it was like I never stopped playing. Lol. I did a helluva lot better here. I 3 stocked him a few times here and there, but for the most part it was a fairly even spread of wins/losses between the two of us.

All in all, between both games...? Hella fun. Can't wait to play more!

Smooth Criminal

Bazkip

Smash Master
People are giving us matches to watch, it doesn't have sound because of technical issues at the venue most likely, why not just enjoy they exist instead of chastising the creators for doing things unusually? The video quality is decent, these could be way worse by YouTube standards.
Unusually? It's objectively worse. More annoying for people to watch, and less enjoyable. There's no reason for it to be like that.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
ipunchkidz is going in right now!

edit: and he wins the money match by timing out Aerolink lmao. taste of his own medicine

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
So this is the Social thread, right? The thread where I can talk about the other non-Smash things in my life?
I caught up with RWBY entirely after months of ignoring it completely, a choice that turned out to be a mistake.
That's pretty much it
Also I almost got laid last weekend.

Top Bottom