• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Wait I thought this was the pokemon social? Let's talk about how ridiculous Mega DigiEvolutions are.
I like the idea of it, though I'm still unsure how they're implementing it. Is it a item that the trainer uses or is it a hold item that takes effect at the start of battle? If the former, it's basically pointless because you can't use items in battles against other human players.

I'd like this whole thing a lot more if they weren't limiting Mega Blaziken to only those who can afford it at launch without having consideration for the rest of the players. It doesn't help me that Blaziken is my favorite starter and it's like a big middle finger from Nintendo towards me with this decision.

On another note, it's nice that they did something with Absol, bout time it got something to make it less trashy.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
It's a hold item that activates "during" battle. From a competitive standpoint, it wouldn't be too unbalanced if it didn't change their types and took up a turn in battle. It'd be equivalent to taking the time to switch or use a buff move, and leave them at a tempo disadvantage from the start as compensation for going super saiyan.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Glad to know that it's a hold item, I didn't think that they'd introduce this new element to the game and them completely prevent you from doing it in competitive battles.

Now we just need to see if it activates like Dream World Ditto, where it's automatic on switch in, or if it's more like Speed Boost where it activates at the end of the first turn that pokemon is out.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
They look pretty awesome. I'm just worried how it might affect the game competitively.
With some, I imagine it could give them some actual competitive viability for the first time in the OU tier. With others...well, Speed Boost Blaziken was an Uber before, and Speed Boost Mega Blaziken....well I don't even want to think about that.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Speed mega speed blazi boost mega blaziken meg has to sit for a turn before being able to attack, as well as give up his life orb. If this is handled with even the slightest amount of foresight, it won't be nearly as ******** as the atrocity of dream world.

Dream Blaziken: Sit for one turn on protect or bait a switch to swords dance and get a free speed boost then **** face with a +2 Attack +1 speed life orb homewrecker.

Megaken: Protect first turn? No speed boost yet. Go Mega first turn? Give up tempo and allow the opponent to set up for free.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Speed mega speed blazi boost mega blaziken meg has to sit for a turn before being able to attack, as well as give up his life orb. If this is handled with even the slightest amount of foresight, it won't be nearly as ******** as the atrocity of dream world.

Dream Blaziken: Sit for one turn on protect or bait a switch to swords dance and get a free speed boost then **** face with a +2 Attack +1 speed life orb homewrecker.

Megaken: Protect first turn? No speed boost yet. Go Mega first turn? Give up tempo and allow the opponent to set up for free.
I guess it all depends on how much of a stat boost it gets and if it'll be better than a Life Orb would have been.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
The surfing one was the best

Also if any of you play Third strike on PC hit me up on Supercade (or GGPO but I was having trouble determining where they put 3s on that). As honor on getting Smash into Evo or whatever I took up what seemed to be the best and free fighting game I could find. Oh wait yeah I went over this with getting that fight pad, so far I've had it like a few weeks now and it's pretty good. I also got Skullgirls beta on steam but I don't like it that much, for I think the same reasons people don't like Marvel.
http://damdai.com/supercade/

Vashimus

Smash Master

Mega Lucario will be a pretty rad homewrecker too. Who the hell thought it was a good idea to give it Adaptability? Close Combat's gonna do **** tons.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I love the new Mawile, but it's one of those things that makes me wonder "Why can't they just make it an evolution?". It'll be pretty damn fun if it gets a physical fairy attack.

Speaking of fairies, you know what would be cool? A dark/fairy type.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
You know it's the P:M social when...

Wait I thought this was the pokemon social? Let's talk about how ridiculous Mega DigiEvolutions are.
I like the idea of it, though I'm still unsure how they're implementing it. Is it a item that the trainer uses or is it a hold item that takes effect at the start of battle? If the former, it's basically pointless because you can't use items in battles against other human players.

I'd like this whole thing a lot more if they weren't limiting Mega Blaziken to only those who can afford it at launch without having consideration for the rest of the players. It doesn't help me that Blaziken is my favorite starter and it's like a big middle finger from Nintendo towards me with this decision.

On another note, it's nice that they did something with Absol, bout time it got something to make it less trashy.
<3 you guys.

Smooth Criminal

SpiderMad

Smash Master
People weren't having enough obsession with zombies, now they made them also giants?

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer

I'm just glad Absol and Mawile get abilities like Magic Bounce and Huge Power respectively. It'll put them out of the RU and NU for sure. Plus Mawile's a fairy type now so he can fight against Dragon types.

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair
attack on titan
All but one of my friends only watch Shingeki no Kyojin and don't read it so it is really hard to keep from spilling all the juicy little secrets.
Like for example this latest episode they were all. "What the **** why is Levi just letting them all die while they run away from the Female Titan?"
AND I KNOW BUT CAN'T SAY ANYTHING.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
you better not say anything
this cliffhanger is terrible

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx
I'm pulling off an all nighter reading Shingeki no kyojin where the anime left off. This is one suspenseful story.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
I liked the anime better than the manga, so i stopped reading it... I think the anime catches up to where i stopped reading in 2-3 weeks... looking forward to new stuff :D

and @ wrestlemania: I didn't get to watch the newest episode yet, and If i hadn't read what happens already, i'd be pretty pissed about getting spoiled right now...
Hey, you know that episode that is just like 4 days old? yeah, everyone dies... Love to read stuff like that in random threads

use [collapse)
edit: (okay, the spoiler isn't that bad, but it's still a shocker for that episode and i hate spoilers... so please be carefull about them...)

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
[collapse=ridiculous titan discussion in P:M social]"Levi decides to not fight and sacrifice loads of men to a special female titan" is a spoiler nonetheless...
add "scouting party is failure in general so far" and you have the perfect summary for the episode i guess[/collapse]
It's all good though, no offence intended, i just like to remind people to be careful...
I hate spoilers
apparently i didn't see the last 2 episodes, so i'm off to watch them now... guess my attempt at creating a tier list must wait xD

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
So yea I'm definitely gonna be participating in an ongoing podcast (with zhime, gallo, guru, leelue, a couple of others maybe) where we openly respond to quotes from smashers that we find. Because some of this **** cannot go unchallenged. And we'll take questions and answer them (while maybe making fun of you). Maybe we can have people join in on Skype with us.

Top Bottom