• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

eideeiit

Smash Ace
tfw you search for a melee peach discord and find and join it only to notice you made a mistake and it's actually S4, but you still stay because you don't want to seem stupid have bothered the mods needlessly.

Peach broken at low levels btw.

Also Chihayafuru is really good. I read the manga until the translation gap, where I switched to the anime. I can't really put my finger on why it's so enjoyable, but the excellent pacing is a big factor for sure.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
I also ripped one of my shirts today while putting it on.

I liked that shirt but I'm gonna take it as a positive.

The reason that shirt ripped is because it is now too small, and I am now too strong for it to handle.

Grey Belnades Grey Belnades do I look strong enough?

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
TIL cookies 'n cream chocolate isn't even chocolate
My life is a lie

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Being self aware is pretty ****ed up. Organisms are more or less machines, but consciousness seems almost supernatural when you think about it.

I wish that Gurren Laggan kind of got into entropy: how living things defy entropy.

I think I'm going to pick up OpenGL for the game I want to make. I don't want to use any game engine, rather code my own. Feels more educational.
- - -
I think I infected myself with e coli.

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Living things don't defy entropy FTR- the system as a whole includes much more than any individual organism. If the organism had no energy input or output and didn't decay into disordered energy over time, then sure, you could say it defies entropy. But as we are, we take in energy and distribute it very inefficiently, a lot of it leaves our bodies as heat, sound, and kinetic energy that doesn't actually accomplish anything. Living things are just a relatively complicated way of slowing down the conversion of solar light energy (or in the case of chemosynthetic organisms, geothermal energy) into heat energy.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Living things don't defy entropy FTR- the system as a whole includes much more than any individual organism. If the organism had no energy input or output and didn't decay into disordered energy over time, then sure, you could say it defies entropy. But as we are, we take in energy and distribute it very inefficiently, a lot of it leaves our bodies as heat and sound kinetic energy that doesn't actually accomplish anything. Living things are just a relatively complicated way of slowing down the conversion of solar light energy (or in the case of chemosynthetic organisms, geothermal energy) into heat energy.
Well yeah, 2nd law of thermo and all. But like, as pseudoscientific stuff in a dumb anime it could be interesting, even it it was just like, we resist entropy. And in TTGL there is no conservation of energy, so they might as well create energy that could just drive nonspontaneous processes whenever they ****ing wanted and f***ing reverse entropy with their god f***ing powers
lmao is there more of this

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
I wish. There's only that; interpretation is truly left up to the individual. It's fitting, in a way.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
good evening, thread

homestuck's dead now. apparently it ended badly? I don't actually know, I haven't seen a ham-stock in over five years and I am keeping it that way

with this and LOST, we are now 2-0 on complex, constantly theorized stories turning out to be done on the fly and ending with no closure

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Living things don't defy entropy FTR- the system as a whole includes much more than any individual organism. If the organism had no energy input or output and didn't decay into disordered energy over time, then sure, you could say it defies entropy. But as we are, we take in energy and distribute it very inefficiently, a lot of it leaves our bodies as heat and sound kinetic energy that doesn't actually accomplish anything. Living things are just a relatively complicated way of slowing down the conversion of solar light energy (or in the case of chemosynthetic organisms, geothermal energy) into heat energy.
Nerd

ilysm

sleepy
PMS | Tink-er PMS | Tink-er I think just because the story lasted seven years and during that time Hussie wrote himself a lot of explaining to do, and then didn't do all of it? Idk. I really enjoyed Homestuck (as you can probably tell from the current avatar) but it was cool to get some closure. I have a feeling that it's ending up like Harry Potter, in a way: lots of stuff that wasn't critical to the central plot but that people want explained anyway, so there'll be an epilogue and some supplementary material and stuff (a la Pottermore). Maybe that's a bad thing in that it's just dragging out a story that's already over, but if it's a story and universe people really care about and want to continue to enjoy and immerse themselves in then I don't really see a problem with it. After all, I do enjoy Harry Potter a lot too.

That said, I'd better enjoy this avatar while I can seeing as it will be illegal tomorrow and whatnot.

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Kids these days dunno how to play to win anymore...

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I also ripped one of my shirts today while putting it on.

I liked that shirt but I'm gonna take it as a positive.

The reason that shirt ripped is because it is now too small, and I am now too strong for it to handle.

Grey Belnades Grey Belnades do I look strong enough?
After deliberating with the Strong-O-Meter XR 4, it read "Strong As The Summer Breeze".

Bleck

Smash Master
Homestuck ending was bad

The Big O's ending was also kind of bad but I still love it

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
I feel the need to call out anyone that claims to find the ultimate trophy of what makes a good show.

Like seriously, just because you watched a few episodes of No Game No Life doesn't make you anywhere as smart as they make themselves to be.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I feel the need to call out anyone that claims to find the ultimate trophy of what makes a good show.

Like seriously, just because you watched a few episodes of No Game No Life doesn't make you anywhere as smart as they make themselves to be.
I feel like I could write a book about pseudo-intellectualism in anime
Death game shounen would be like 2 chapters hory shet

Top Bottom