• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
SF5 also looked wonky at first, and yet here we are. When It's Done™, folks.
True, but I personally thought otherwise about SF5. The only real "weird" thing probably was Ken's face.

KOFXIV looks like something that came out two generations ago right now.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Out of all the possible directions that I could've steended up steering discussion in...

Last edited:

Fortress

Smash Master
Central Fiction doesn't look good?
It's not Revelator, so.

BB's what I started with. I love it, but I just think GG is a much better game. Plus, why go back to giving people their old CS stages when CP had such great stage art?

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
tfw no kurogal to tuk u in2 bed at nite

might as well sudoku now

Bazkip

Smash Master
Lol I wonder how many times people have to ask and not receive before they give up. It ain't happening.
I'm going to keep asking because it's a perfectly reasonable thing to request. There's no apparent explanation for it to be this way, this isn't a site aimed solely at kids. It just appears to be the desire of the owner, regardless of what userbase actually wishes for? I mean yes, it is his decision, but it doesn't particularly strike me as being necessary.

And regardless of that, having the possibility of a link being broken just because a randomly generated portion of it happened to spell a swear word is absurd, no exception. This is my biggest issue with the filter. I don't even care if that can be easily avoided with a link shortener, that shouldn't be necessary at all. I realize that it's extremely unlikely for the overall filter to be changed, but it simply shouldn't be applying to URLs.

I don't want to give you crap because as you said you have nothing to do with it and you've dealt with a lot of **** recently, but it just doesn't make any sense to me.

tl;dr don't break links and sorry for ******** at you lol

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The URL thing sucks, but I don't think there's a solution there. With regards to the censor itself, it really is as simple as "that's what the owner wants." If I appeal to things such as "Smash is a game rated T and the censor is designed to make SmashBoards rated more or less the same as the games," you'll start making a bunch of subjective arguments about how you disagree or how that doesn't make sense to you. But objectively speaking, just like how the Smashboards logo is yellow and silver, the censor is there. It's not going anywhere, and nothing you post here is going to change that. Nothing I post in the Staffer Shack will change that, and pursuing other endeavors are a much more valuable use of your and my time.

Last edited:

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The filter can't be configured like that. Also it's never going to be removed.

:(

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277

ALEX AND URIEN? Time to look really REALLY strong.

I hold meatheads like OM Grey in utter contempt on principle(online persona or not, that bull**** is painful), but you lot make him right pretty often.
With that said, just about no jocks on Earth go out of their way to be as deliberately malevolent as I just did in the way that I just did. What's wrong with me...?
Sounds like you need more fiber in your diet.

KOF? It's an anomaly in that non-Hispanics can only dream of having the execution needed to actually be good at the series.
God knew it was going to be a snowball's chance in hell of us growing over 5'8 so he gave us godlike execution in a specific fighting game.

...Great trade.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Why do people want it removed so badly? Does it really kill you that you can't see a word, context clues should generally be enough.

Bazkip

Smash Master
The URL thing sucks, but I don't think there's a solution there. With regards to the censor itself, it really is as simple as "that's what the owner wants." If I appeal to things such as "Smash is a game rated T and the censor is designed to make SmashBoards rated more or less the same as the games," you'll start making a bunch of subjective arguments about how you disagree or how that doesn't make sense to you. But objectively speaking, just like how the Smashboards logo is yellow and silver, the censor is there. It's not going anywhere, and nothing you post here is going to change that. Nothing I post in the Staffer Shack will change that, and pursuing other endeavors are a much more valuable use of your and my time.
Actually I don't strictly disagree with it matching the rating of the series but uhh...I thought profanity was allowed under the T rating? Maybe I've just got a bad grasp on what the ratings mean but I legit thought it was fine under that rating. Regardless 64 is rated E and Smash 4 E10+ (didn't realize that initially) so my point is moot.

I'm going to assume not filtering on URLs was at least attempted? Strange that it wouldn't work, of course I have no knowledge of the system whatsoever but I would think it'd be possible with just some regex.

Maybe I shouldn't be commenting on things I don't have much understanding of lol.

Thanks for answering.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Actually I don't disagree with it matching the rating of the series but uhh...I thought profanity was allowed under the T rating? Maybe I've just got a bad grasp on what the ratings mean but I legit thought it was fine under that rating. Regardless 64 is rated E and Smash 4 E10+ (didn't realize that initially) so my point is moot.

I'm going to assume not filtering on URLs was at least attempted? Strange that it wouldn't work, of course I have no knowledge of the system whatsoever but I would think it'd be possible with just some regex.

Maybe I shouldn't be commenting on things I don't have much understanding of lol.

Thanks for answering.
tbf, had E10+ been there since Melee, I'm sure it would've gotten that too.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Why do people want it removed so badly? Does it really kill you that you can't see a word, context clues should generally be enough.
Because it causes minor annoyances, has little to no value (esp on this site), is extremely easy to circumvent, and just in general isn't worth the trouble.

It doesn't kill anyone but at the same, who is it helping?

I'd be hard pressed to believe anyone wants it.

I'm almost positive that's it's safe to assume all the regular members of this site either don't care or they want it gone.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Brawl came after and was still rated T though.
That's because Nintendo was...not exactly consistent with proper ratings for the games it makes. To put it into perspective, we know just how non-kid-friendly Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Wind Waker are, and they were (originally) rated K-A and E for everyone.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
That's because Nintendo was...not exactly consistent with proper ratings for the games it makes. To put it into perspective, we know just how non-kid-friendly Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Wind Waker are, and they were (originally) rated K-A and E for everyone.
But ratings are done by external organizations?

eideeiit

Smash Ace
Playing OoT as an 8 yo was terrifying. Dungeon masters or whatever those ceiling hands are called almost made my **** my pants mre than once.

But Harry Potter for Ps1 is still the scariest game I played as a kid. Those animated armours walking towards you were absolutely incredible at making you panic.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Instead of whining about censors, how about y'all shut up and make me some goddamn pancakes (with a glass of fat free milk please) before I go Cabin Fever in here?

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Because it causes minor annoyances, has little to no value (esp on this site), is extremely easy to circumvent, and just in general isn't worth the trouble.

It doesn't kill anyone but at the same, who is it helping?

I'd be hard pressed to believe anyone wants it.

I'm almost positive that's it's safe to assume all the regular members of this site either don't care or they want it gone.
I mean, I don't really care. If it's removed whatever, if it's not whatever. It just seems so minor I don't see why it matters. In the end though, it's not my site, so my views don't matter

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Playing OoT as an 8 yo was terrifying. Dungeon masters or whatever those ceiling hands are called almost made my **** my pants mre than once.

But Harry Potter for Ps1 is still the scariest game I played as a kid. Those animated armours walking towards you were absolutely incredible at making you panic.
It's all about those huge ass spiders in Harry Potter 2 on the PC jesus christ that terrified me as a kid when I first saw one.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I like Type-0 D:

what's wrong with it?
I just didn't feel any variety in the game tbh. With the right setup projectile characters are practically the only ones worth using, and its not like melee characters are even that much more fun. Its got the basics of reactionary gameplay but movement and actions were really jerky. Which I actually normally LIKE in a well-done action game but this one just didn't have the kind of depth to make the controls matter.

It sadly is, it's from the Playstation Experience build. Here's today's trailer.

The model discrepancy between some characters is hilariously noticeable, though.
KoF has always looked ugly I think, XII/XIII were just great exceptions (And they apparently drew them after 3D models). Its just that the 2D games had a significant amount of character to hide their flaws. This game has...

Regardless, its KoF. KoFXIII is in my opinion, the best new fighting game to come out in the last decade. Xrd is kind of a watering down of the series, and each BB version is just a different flavor of the same thing. XIII is one of the few games I can say vastly improved the series and was really fun/mostly balanced.

So if it ends up being good gameplay-wise then I'm actually excited. 50 characters implies its a "dream battle" and doesn't exist anywhere in KoF canon anyways. :V They do that after every game ends a "story arc."

Gameplay-wise it looks almost identical to XIII, except without HD combos. Which I think should hopefully be a good thing so not every match ends in a 0-death. Just have to get over the fact it looks like a PS2 game:

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Man I'm gone from this thread for a day and folks are talking about 4chan, fg's and booty still bless this thread.

Also someone better post links and what not for Capcom cup today cause I'm at work till 6 pm cause I'm grabbing over time hours to make sure I have enough back up funds for genesis.

Last edited:
Top Bottom