• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Jonyc128

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jonnyc64
is it trash? i don't really know anything about ff15. last one i played was... 13? i think? that first one that had lightning and snow and **** in it. i couldn't stand combat so i gave up real quick on it.
Wrong person to ask about FF stuff, I haven't played 7 in years and I never bothered to look at 13

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
is it trash? i don't really know anything about ff15. last one i played was... 13? i think? that first one that had lightning and snow and **** in it. i couldn't stand combat so i gave up real quick on it.
Never played 15 either but looking at the 7 gameplay it just seems to be going for an action game. I can say it doesn't look like 13 though if that's worth anything.

Either way, how this will be received is completely up to preference.
This is more down my alley than OG FF7 anyway.

Helsong

Smash Ace
I never did quite get into FF7. Materia system was interesting to play with, but the game never did quite live up to that first hour or so I spent in Midgard. The pacing and interesting bits just kinda grind to a halt after you get out of the city, I felt. But I'll give the remake a shot if it ever finds it's way to PC. The music, at least, sounds fantastic and I'm looking forward to hearing the remastered versions.

FF Tactica, FFV, FFVI, and FFIX are probably my favorite. Never played anything past 10, though.

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
FFXV will be good
I've played the demo and it's good
targetting can be clunky and noctis's armiger (basically limit break) untargets the enemy which is annoying, but everything else is great
Don't know how magic will be incorporated yet.

The remake for FFVII looks like it has some animations taken from FFXV, but the system looks somewhat different, more KH-ey with a menu in the corner. I don't expect the system to be the same.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
That'd be cool if your link worked.

Edit: also the new street fighter character has huge sleeves and all he really did is make me want a new game with Hsien Ko in it.

Last edited:

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
If every FF game is just mashy KH I'll admittedly be kind of sad. Real action games from Platinum have spoiled me. Playing a mediocre one that just looks prettier isn't fun...

Plus an action game is easier to mess up than a turn-based game. Looking at FF Type-0 at least...

Edit: What happened to my babygrl...

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
If every FF game is just mashy KH I'll admittedly be kind of sad. Real action games from Platinum have spoiled me. Playing a mediocre one that just looks prettier isn't fun...

Plus an action game is easier to mess up than a turn-based game. Looking at FF Type-0 at least...

I like Type-0 D:

what's wrong with it?

this is probably one of the manliest things i've ever seen
i dont agree with kenshiro losing but im just a hnk fanboy more than a jojo one.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I MAY BE A ****ING NERD BUT ILL **** YOUR **** UP WITH A 0 MP COST HOLY *****.

BETTER HOPE YOU DONT HAVE EXP THAT IS A MULTIPLE OF 3 OR 5.

OR THAT YOU DONT HAVE A LEVEL THAT IS A MULTIPLE OF 3 OR 5.

ELSE THAT'LL BE THE ****ING END OF YOU.
I thought ***** was censored

edit: it still is

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
whats censored?

i dont censor dodge.

EDIT: CORY CORY you going to forte 3?
clearly he's asking about *****.

and, no, i'm not : ( i don't go to tourneys unless they're dfw. it's not worth it for me to take time off work and try to get things working around school, then work out housing/hotels, and everything else at this point in life.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486

and, no, i'm not : ( i don't go to tourneys unless they're dfw. it's not worth it for me to take time off work and try to get things working around school, then work out housing/hotels, and everything else at this point in life.
if you come to forte i will get you housing

i'm not even austin but i'll make it happen

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko

the word is censored so i dont know what word it is.

and rip. i wanted to see some PMS non-PMDT guys at forte since this will be my first tourney I've gone to since I actually left the military.

MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

and rip. i wanted to see some PMS non-PMDT guys at forte since this will be my first tourney I've gone to since I actually left the military.

MAKE IT HAPPEN.
The N-word my *****

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486

MAKE IT HAPPEN.
I'm gonna be there. If you need housing too message me or something

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
kof 14 trailer reminds me a lot of what i felt when i saw street fighter 4. it's definitely different, but...maybe it won't be so bad. the animation looks a lot tighter than it was before so hey.

fang seems like the sfv's strange "joke" character.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord

I kind of agree, but even after checking out Platinum's stuff and DMC 3/4, I still like KH a lot.

I just realized i wanted a bionicles fighting game

damn

SOMEONE GET A DECENT DEVELOPER TO MAKE ME AN ANIME BIONICLES FIGHTING GAME GODDAMNIT
Rated E fatalaties hehehe

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer

the bigger issue is work, unfortunately. i don't use time off for a whole lot of stuff, but even now i'm sitting at only... like, 3 days off, which are now sick days (vacation and sick days are lumped together for me, for better or for worse).

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
kof 14 trailer reminds me a lot of what i felt when i saw street fighter 4. it's definitely different, but...maybe it won't be so bad. the animation looks a lot tighter than it was before so hey.

fang seems like the sfv's strange "joke" character.
I feel if KOF XIV went with a more Cel-Shaded artstyle everything wouldn't look so jank. Those animations are definitely meant for something 2D, and if they wanna go 3D, something like Xrd's artstyle would fit a hell of a lot better.

Top Bottom