• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard

YO HE DID IT AYYYYYYYYYYYYY
The real question tho is will he try for 1'32" ?????

Also who da **** is this guy
"Picasso had this saying. 'Good artists copy, great artists steal," and we have always been shameless about stealing great ideas." - Steve Jobs 1996
"I'm going to destroy Android, because it's a stolen product. I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this." - Steve Jobs 2010

In other words: "Good artists steal, but not from me."
The loss aversion complex is reeeeeeeaaaaaaallllll.

Helsong

Smash Ace

YO HE DID IT AYYYYYYYYYYYYY
The real question tho is will he try for 1'32" ?????

Also who da **** is this guy
"Picasso had this saying. 'Good artists copy, great artists steal," and we have always been shameless about stealing great ideas." - Steve Jobs 1996
"I'm going to destroy Android, because it's a stolen product. I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this." - Steve Jobs 2010

In other words: "Good artists steal, but not from me."
The loss aversion complex is reeeeeeeaaaaaaallllll.
CGN is so godlike I love it. I prefer his non-snaking stuff personally, something about the execution in those feels elegant to look at.

And I love anything that makes Apple(well, their devoted fanbase, anyway) salty. That's why I have Android. Also because I don't need to own a Mac to develop for it.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
When do you ever tag me in dfw pm

I'm not even dfw
I tagged you in some thread about djc, in a comment about how goofy squirrel's at names are.

At least I think it was you... Had a squid hat on, hard to tell properly from my phone...

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
CGN is so godlike I love it. I prefer his non-snaking stuff personally, something about the execution in those feels elegant to look at.

And I love anything that makes Apple(well, their devoted fanbase, anyway) salty. That's why I have Android. Also because I don't need to own a Mac to develop for it.
I could see that. Snaking feels raucous and MAX SPEED feels like it flows more around the cool slides.

Also gosh dang it errybody should be allowed double post because I wanted to separate those two things so that I could maximize my like gain but I don't want to have to wait #instantgratification #likeprostituting

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Trying to see if its worth trying to talk to my parents about going to smash n splash this summer lmao

If I went I'd probably have to have my mom take me unless I get a car within that timespan (which is kind of likely) and I feel like doing a 6 hour drive(which might not be too likely). I'd have family members in Chicago who could house me but my parents think I'm too socially awkward to do stuff like that or go out on my own without getting tricked by someone and I can't argue otherwise

Trying to go to a friends house to play smash with him and like 7 others tomorrow and it took me like 2 hours of arguing to get them to let me go lol
How old are you?

I'll be at SmS. I'll also have a cool napkin you can smell outside the venue

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I could see that. Snaking feels raucous and MAX SPEED feels like it flows more around the cool slides.

Also gosh dang it errybody should be allowed double post because I wanted to separate those two things so that I could maximize my like gain but I don't want to have to wait #instantgratification #likeprostituting
Just brazenly double post, bit make it count.

And spread the brazen doubleposts out well : p

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
if this is called "Project M Social Thread Gold" now, can we call the tier thread "the true Tier List Speculation starts here"

Last edited:

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
How old are you?

I'll be at SmS. I'll also have a cool napkin you can smell outside the venue
19 and I'll be 20 by the time SmS comes around which is the ridiculous part
Our family dynamic is pretty weird, I don't talk much around family members but around anyone else I'm more open to holding conversations. Maybe it's because I'm burnt out on the typical path conversations I start tend to go with my mom/grandma or something but idk, I can't figure out what all the reasons are. Because of this they think I'm a complete shutin, and I am to some extent, but not to the extent they're thinking. They think I'm completely oblivious to literally everything, they think I'm completely antisocial, and it kinda sucks.

Everytime I want to go out with friends they give me a 30-40 minute speech on how the world is dangerous and getting worse and worse by each day(I always have to be on the lookout for gay people trying to have sex with me apparently!! white people stick together no matter what compared to blacks and because of that i have to be super careful around them because they'll try to kill me if I don't say what they want to hear!!! i hear this everytime i try to go somewhere by myself and its annoying as hell, one time my grandma legitimately told me to watch out for my friend when i was trying to go to his house, because he might get me and him involved in a gay orgy), and that I'm completely oblivious to this because I'm too trusting and I don't watch the news. I don't watch the news because it's either a bunch of hawks trying to claw on anything they get to make a story, omitting details to get people to go into full outrage. Truth of the matter is with most news that actually matters I get word of it before they do (lel internet face) and I don't get the random bull**** like why thousands of crazy cat ladies are angry at a person for making a dissenting opinion.

They think their talks are helping but they're really not. I just want to hang out with people and play vidjya in real life together, man.

Yo okay, why is it that almost every person I play against on netplay starts off with/eventually picks ganon, dk, or bowser? Like they'll be bodying me like usual and then they'll just pick one of those 3. I almost want to leave when they do this, my matchup experience is so bad because of this. Like there will just be an off day where I'll match up against a shiek, game and watch, marth or spacie main and my ass gets handed to me because I haven't had the time to figure out all the things they can do to avoid my stuff.

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
Yo okay, why is it that almost every person I play against on netplay starts off with/eventually picks ganon, dk, or bowser? Like they'll be bodying me like usual and then they'll just pick one of those 3. I almost want to leave when they do this, my matchup experience is so bad because of this. Like there will just be an off day where I'll match up against a shiek, game and watch, marth or spacie main and my *** gets handed to me because I haven't had the time to figure out all the things they can do to avoid my stuff.
well at least you're good at those three matchups, right?

Jonyc128

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jonnyc64
Just got back from a weekly, ****ing fireball betrayed me.
Throw fireball, barely misses opponent but you get the fair
Fireball hits opponent, you get Kneed and die
For ****'s sake

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
well at least you're good at those three matchups, right?
God **** no I hate all of them

Ganon - my playstyle against him is to first see if he's actually good at ganon or if he uses wizard's foot as a crutch to get stuff going. If the latter, I dash dance at max wizard foot range and shield on reaction to it then follow up with anything I can. If they're good at ganon I treat him like I do falcon and try to waveland around platforms and look for an opening or something. With all of the ganons I see on netplay they're mostly in the wizard foot crutch area, but I can't shield on reaction because of the delay and I haven't figured out what to do against it when input lag is a thing, currently my plan is to do nothing because I think I shouldn't be changing playstyles due to an input delay that doesn't exists in tournaments. But in any case if I get hit by a fair or wizards kick and lose the stock I end up going on tilt and start missing techs and easy recoveries which causes me to go further on tilt and it never stops

Bowser - I either 0 to death them or they kill me at 20%. RNGGods hate me and whenever I pick random stage(cuz netplay friendlies) against one it's always on a small stage like Yoshi's or Warioware. I don't know how to make the matchup less polarizing

DK - This is the only one where I feel like I understand what to do... basically DK does anything he can do in order to get a grab and then he chain grabs into a neutral B punch. So my main goal is to avoid getting grabbed, I lose mostly because they found ways to grab me lol. Out of the three I know what followups I can do against him and I can edgeguard him rather well because I figured out that I can hit him with bair a bit before zss' foot gets close to his hands when up-bing and I won't get hit by his recovery

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I always seems to miss the best discussions.

On a somewhat personal subject:
I know this maybe be rare but has anyone donated a kidney? If so, how was the process and the recovery? I found out someone is in need of a kidney because this person has FSGS. The thing is that the person is AB- which apparently is a rare blood type. I'm 90% certain I'm AB- (Thank you Biology 100) and I'm on the fence about donating mine. The thing is though, the thing that is kinda holding me back is that:

I've had my gallbladder removed back in 2011 (Pretty much a Mexican tradition). Even though I needed it removed, I felt...incomplete. Similar when I had my eye exam, I felt the same feeling being given a prescription. I'm having the same feeling thinking about my kidney if I were to donate it. I've donated blood and plasma but never something this major.

If you can give some advice, shoot me the info in PM.

no one here knows who i am on facebook

Kappa
I wish that was the case for me. Stupid Paragon FB group.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
God **** no I hate all of them

Ganon - my playstyle against him is to first see if he's actually good at ganon or if he uses wizard's foot as a crutch to get stuff going. If the latter, I dash dance at max wizard foot range and shield on reaction to it then follow up with anything I can. If they're good at ganon I treat him like I do falcon and try to waveland around platforms and look for an opening or something. With all of the ganons I see on netplay they're mostly in the wizard foot crutch area, but I can't shield on reaction because of the delay and I haven't figured out what to do against it when input lag is a thing, currently my plan is to do nothing because I think I shouldn't be changing playstyles due to an input delay that doesn't exists in tournaments. But in any case if I get hit by a fair or wizards kick and lose the stock I end up going on tilt and start missing techs and easy recoveries which causes me to go further on tilt and it never stops

Bowser - I either 0 to death them or they kill me at 20%. RNGGods hate me and whenever I pick random stage(cuz netplay friendlies) against one it's always on a small stage like Yoshi's or Warioware. I don't know how to make the matchup less polarizing

DK - This is the only one where I feel like I understand what to do... basically DK does anything he can do in order to get a grab and then he chain grabs into a neutral B punch. So my main goal is to avoid getting grabbed, I lose mostly because they found ways to grab me lol. Out of the three I know what followups I can do against him and I can edgeguard him rather well because I figured out that I can hit him with bair a bit before zss' foot gets close to his hands when up-bing and I won't get hit by his recovery
who do you main?

against ganon, the gameplan is to respect his range, but understand he's a low mobility character. you seem to have that second part down pretty well, by respecting his wizkick range and going for baits, so you can typically extend that to him as a whole. his threat range is pretty much right around him and he commands that zone very well, but if you can force him to give up any stage positioning or get him to commit to something besides, like... full range ftilt, you can punish him for it.

though, netplay might cause issues with that due to extra lag. : /

also, if you have a good bair (like, a mario bros, fox/falco, shiek, etc...) you can almost auto edgeguard him by just ledge hogging and ledge drop-dj-bair on reaction when he does upb. sideb is riskier, but it works very similarly.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Last edited:

Mystletaynn

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mystletaynn
3DS FC
3909-8402-8213
its 4:29am and im high on sleep deprivation, i agre solid 8 when you ignore mainstream media propagadna

edit: 4:30 now wheeeee

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Why do so many people shun light smiles in favor of open-mouthed ones? The former are far more genuine and the latter are always just a tiny bit of straining away from feeling unhealthily forced.
/bias

Last edited:
Top Bottom